Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 20-11-2006, 03:39 AM
Master
Is There More To It Than Just Me?

The reason I ask the question is that if 'I AM' then is there more to all then just me?
I think a 'science' of reality based on I AM would ultimately be untenable without other dimensions coming into it.
Other dimensions such as 'YOU ARE' and 'GOD IS' etc.

Because if the only science of reality is I AM then I would literally be the centre of the universe, I would ultimately have absolute power AND the only thing I should think about or concentrate on is MYSELF.

Thats why I actually do believe there IS more to it all then just me; I actually think its about YOU too. Above and beyond me and you (above and beyond I AM and YOU ARE) it is really all about GOD.

If GOD is I AM then all he need do is sing his own song and need never worry about you.
But I feel there is MORE to God then I AM.
And at the end of the day the SCIENCE of God dictates that you must be too.
Something like the HOLY TRINITY whereby there is ME and YOU and OUR FATHER above and beyond us; a three dimensional realty.

I AM always struck me as being ONE DIMENSION and thats all.
There is more!!!!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 20-11-2006, 03:54 AM
kundalini

Hey Honza, it's never occured to me that there is anything other than this.

I hope that made sense...

Kundalini.
Old 20-11-2006, 09:00 AM
dreamer

Hey Honza, who is the I in I AM?
Old 22-11-2006, 09:02 AM
Master
Put it this way: I'm aware of far greater and better realities than 'I AM' or the all important 'I'.
Christ and Christianity speaks of them, as does Judaism. But Baba/Krishna and Eastern mysticism does not.
Thats why I'm going to stick with Western Spiritual Tradition and what it says in the Bible instead of being converted into a self-seeking, Eastern Mystic!
Self Realization and Enlightenment are NOTHING compared to heaven and Gods kingdom. They are but spots of self consciousness in the scheme of things.
And I never wanted to be Self Conscious/Self Realized; I'm looking for GOD, not MYSELF! There is a huge difference between the two.
Baba has tricked our mind!
We are not God we are people. And to God we ought to be true; not call ourself Him.

Regards, Honza.

Old 22-11-2006, 01:45 PM
dreamer

Hey Honza,

you make some good points because it is easy to get carried away with the idea that I am God and lose the balancing notion that so is everything else. One thing you say that intrigues me is "Self Realization and Enlightenment are NOTHING compared to heaven and Gods kingdom", surely self realization/enlightenment IS heaven/Gods kingdom - didn't Jesus teach that the Kingdom is within? Which from all accounts is also what Sai Baba teaches.

What are the better realities you are aware of?

Maybe you define who you are in a different way to Sai Baba, maybe the way you define yourself means that God for you is outside of you and there is more to everything than just you, so who are you? And when you strip away everything that can be stripped away - who are you then? And when you take the essence of that stripped away you - who are you then? And if you compare your essence to the essence of anything is it not the same? So we are all one substance essentially the same manifesting in different ways. And what is this substance and where did it come from ~ thats the mystery we have to enjoy for eternity and the universe is a mirror of ourself that we can learn to love ourswelf more- imo.

Last edited by dreamer : 22-11-2006 at 02:03 PM.
Old 22-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Master
Hi Dreamer,

The better realities that I'm aware of started with a notion or idea.

And it is that the CAPACITY for God to be God far outweighs any capacity that I have of being God.

God being God includes each and every person on Earth and in Heaven; it includes all those beings Godhood and surpases them.

The truth is that God is infinite and perfect.

I may be perfect too, but only in my own way. God is perfect in the ABSOLUTE way.

So in a nutshell I AM GOD, But GOD is all I AM's, all Beings, BEING GOD AT THE SAME TIME.

Its the desert analogy, I AM but a grain of sand even in my full enlightenment. God on the other hand is each and every grain of sand in their full enlightenment.

I'm not sure I explained it very well, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Regards, Honza.

Old 22-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Master
Besides, don't you think Satan wants to be God?

Don't you think thats why he rebeled against God so he could take Gods place?

If everyone on planet Earth and in heaven is singing I AM GOD, what happens to Gods authority, to God prevailing and to Gods will being done?

We are people and we need to be very careful that we don't usurp God from the throne and put ourself in his place!

Maybe thats what Satan wants?

God be with us all; each and every one!

Amen.

Old 23-11-2006, 05:10 PM
dreamer

Hey Honza,

I think what you say is right, to know God one has to surrender to Gods will, after all the common mind is so full of all manner of negativity, doubt and fear that to try and negotiate ones way out without any help is a thankless task - one needs the guidence of a higher (state of?) being - but I would caveat that with saying that the divine spark exisits inside us all and it seems to me that through finding inner peace one allows that spark to illuminate the whole, but to obtain this peace one must surrender to the highest self and trust that the highest self will act in ones interest. (one meaning both I individually and we collectively). When surrender is achieved it seems that Gods will is in fact the same as your will.

This is my opinion and makes sense to me as someone who believes in a divine power that wants to express itself fully and freely and with joy , but it is just my opinion.
Old 24-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Master
Hi Dreamer,

I suppose what I was trying to say is that God does not really have a definition such as I AM. He is either defineless or all definitions.
God is as much likely to say YOU as I, he has no need to be I AM because he just IS.
Its people who define God as such and such or so and so. We give him OUR name. In a sense we start creating God in our own image or by what we understand.
I would agree that the Human race is I AM, but would not apply that to God as his NAME or DEFINITION.
People are I AM but that does not mean God is. He is above and beyond I AM. But the term helps people understand God because they can relate to it.

Regards, Honza.

Old 24-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Enlightener

I hope i don't miss the barbecue train

The concept of God is a very difficult one to grasp, (for me anyway). The infinite, all-encompassing being that it is. This is most probably because we live in the realm of the relative, it makes it hard to contemplate what such a being would be like. You can imagine it at some level but to go beyond that level, it becomes quite...difficult.

Enlightener
Closed Thread