Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-08-2014, 03:49 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

I may have seen my mother who recently passed away...

My mother died a few months ago, and 2 weeks after her funeral, I was in that part awake/sleep phase, and one of my eyes were half open and I saw her. She was leaned down beside my bed looking at me, and she was on our ground level, not floating or anything. She had the expression on her face like, "well can she see me?"

I do have a condition called hypnopompic, (they say it's normal) where I sometimes see hallucinations for a few seconds upon waking up from sleep. But it only happens sometimes, not often.

I haven't felt her around much after that. But then again, I don't feel some things the same way I used to anymore. I think that has to do with my lower chakras being closed off, and I've not tried clearing them.

I always wonder if she really did visit me and has moved on now,
or was I having a hypnopompic hallucination?? but something tells me she really did visit me.

Edit: I forgot to mention, she smoked cigarettes, and almost every night, past midnight, I am almost choked out by the exact smell of her cigarettes??
I even asked her to stop smoking in the house just in case LOL, because I feel like she is still smoking for some weird reason..

Last edited by tmsmem : 16-08-2014 at 05:17 AM.
Old 16-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Guide
She is not still smoking it is just a smell that you associate with her so she uses it to let you know she is around. Many spirits do this as a way to let us know they are looking out for us.

She doesn't dwell with you she only makes visits to you.

I don't know if you actually saw her that night but it is very possible. That point between sleep and awake is our most susceptible time, when we are the most open, to receiving visitors from the other side.

I also wanted to give my condolences on the loss of your mother. It is hard to lose a parent. Deepest sympathy.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 16-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Thank you so much SpiritCarrier
Old 16-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Administrator
Hey Sonia,

it was your mother that came to see you,and I feel she is around you very often.the smell of cigarettes are her letting you know that she is close by, you will also get other signs that she is there like the lights flickering.white feathers.etc she is just letting you know that even though she isn't there anymore she can still see what is going on,

Namaste
Old 16-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Hey Sonia,

it was your mother that came to see you,and I feel she is around you very often.the smell of cigarettes are her letting you know that she is close by, you will also get other signs that she is there like the lights flickering.white feathers.etc she is just letting you know that even though she isn't there anymore she can still see what is going on,

Namaste
Thank you so much Namaste, Do you know if she made the transition to the other side ok?
I so worry about that, I just hope she isn't waiting or anything.
I always tell her to go on to the other side just in case she hasn't. Just knowing, either way, would help me.

Last edited by tmsmem : 17-08-2014 at 01:50 AM.
Old 25-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Charlie Chaplin

I believe in visions. I've never had one of a loved one, but my Mom said when my grandmother died, one of the lady's that was taking care of her, said that she saw her in her night gown, sitting at the kitchen table. So yeah, visions of loved ones do happen. I think that it's great that you got to see your mom. Very nice thread.