Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 29-11-2017, 06:39 AM
Newbie ;)

In the fanciful tale of Dr. Faustus, a man makes a deal with the devil: in exchange for his body and soul, the man is to receive supernatural power and pleasures for 24 years. The devil agrees to the trade, and Dr. Faustus enjoys the pleasures of sin for a season, but his doom is sealed. At the end of 24 years, Faustus attempts to thwart the devil’s plans, but he meets a frightful demise, nonetheless. This legend works well as a morality tale and as a metaphor for the wages of sin, but the details of its plot are not biblical.

The Bible has no instance of a person “selling his soul” to Satan, and it never implies that making a bargain with the devil is possible.
Old 29-11-2017, 07:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsun
Or to make a pact with the devil ? We hear about famous artists, actors or high ranking people who supposedly did such a thing so they can be successful and wealthy. What do you think, is it for real or just imagination ?

There was a time when I believed it was impossible to sell your soul. I had an experience during meditation which convinced me it is possible. My meditation went something like this.

I was in as deep as I could get and stilled my mind. In that state, I heard, "How much do you want for him?"

I said, "What?"

In the meantime, I felt much tension and my mind and body were incredibly still.

Then I heard again, "How much do you want for him?"

It finally dawned on me that 'him' meant my Higher Self (HS) and the one speaking to me was the devil who told me to name my price. I told him to get lost and that he had nothing I wanted in return. He did leave, the tension left and the stillness returned to how I normally feel during meditation.

After reflection I came to the following conclusion. It's possible to sell your Higher Self. What I think happens is that you enjoy your fortune while you're incarnated. Upon death, the devil collects your Higher Self so you put your HS in bondage to the devil by making such a deal.

I have no clue as to why this is possible and is allowed through free will. Not a clue as to why one's HS would agree to be sold. A wild thought is perhaps the HS does not have free will.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 01-12-2017, 02:35 AM
Master
no. because we are a soul who has a body, not a body who has a soul. I don't believe in demonic slavery or any form of soul enslavement, unless it's voluntary. I also believe that if any soul did enslave their self, they could never be eternally enslaved, only suffer the illusion that time is non-existent while they are enslaved (which gives the perception that they are enslaved forever, but, just like on earth they just have to wake up to the fact that they are not eternally enslaved and they choose servitude so they can wake up anytime they want)

I think people can achieve something similar to "sell my soul to the devil".

If I make morals for myself, virtues that I must live by, and I break those virtues in the pursuit of money. then i have sold myself to the devil. I have broken the sacred vow of trust between the conscious self and the unconscious self, for this I am punished by my unconscious self. it may feel like the devil has got them in his hands, but they are just deluded, it's their own self. They betrayed their self, their self hurt them in return.

Personal example. I am a very smart person when it comes to business and psychology, I could EASILY create a business that would pay me very well (maybe even millions) but I always turn down business ideas if they are not good for everyone. I want to generate value and take a cut off it, I don't want to peddle cheap products on people who can't help but buy shiny things. I don't want to be a part of the problem of greed, capitalism, and consumerism on this earth. I want to be a part of the solution.

I refuse to sell my soul in the pursuit of my dreams. I accept things won't happen immediately or be easy, but I'm going about things the way my heart requires I must. getting money, fame, admiration, doesn't mean anything to me unless I am aligned on every level. What good does 100,000 year do me if my heart is broken and shriveled from abuse and pain, it does me no good.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 28-12-2017, 12:06 AM
Deactivated Account

You can serve the devil if you so choose but ultimately we're all serving God, even those who align themselves with The Devil/Satan to do his work it's all part of the divine plan it simply depends on what you resonate with, horses for courses.