Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 23-09-2019, 07:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
They didn't prove the opposite either.

No, you can't prove such negatives. But so far, for the cases studied concerning so called psychic phenomena, there have been far more logical explanations. That applies to such things as channelling, horoscopes, dowsing, and bending spoons. If you think you can prove there's psychic power behind it then I'm sure there is going to be scientists out there willing to spend their time making a research design and help you out to see if it's statistically significant or if results are no different than chance or due to other causes.
Old 24-09-2019, 04:17 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

I know that people pray and expect God to be listening. Would that be considered telepathic thought broadcasting or some kind of mental disorder like schizophrenia?

Hearing voices and thought broadcast are indeed talked about a lot these days. I would say that if this is happening with a disturbed person it most likely represents some form of mental disorder. However if that person is well balanced it seems best to call it telepathic or medumship.

John

What about someone who has a voice talk through them, and can’t control?
Old 24-09-2019, 11:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
What about someone who has a voice talk through them, and can’t control?

Hi,

For some that would be trance channeling. Even then the person in a trance is aware of what is coming through. They can take back control if what is being said does not agree with their core beliefs.

There are examples of what some call posession. I do not have much experience with that. I suspect in that example the posessed person has lost their ability to take control of any thing.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 24-09-2019, 11:48 AM
Master
Here's a video of Derren Brown convincing people of his channelling, knowing people's dreams, and making people believe in God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UE-1Thzj_0

Here's how you can convince kids that your god is real, and you can teach them how to ''speak in tongues'' as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac&t=516s

There's a lot of ''stuff'' out there presented as *spiritual* but you gotta wonder whether it actually is...
Old 24-09-2019, 02:30 PM
Knower

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. ~Richard P. Feynman

So how can someone be sure of the spiritual experiences ? Because everything can be blamed on the mind playing tricks or illusions. Many people that died temporary as NDE say that they didn't experience anything, they couldn't think, smell, hear or see, just unaware, so that's the proof that our identity is linked to our brains.
Old 24-09-2019, 05:09 PM
Administrator
Hello

I remember when I went down the path to find out more about what was happening with me. I grew up being told "not to talk about things" yet it never left me. I would read books about people with mental illness, and on Mediums ext to try and figure out where it wall fit in with me. I too had a fascination with crimes and how that all unfolded.

What is hearing voices ? I have worked with many that suffer from mental illness and I have worked with many that were told it was mental illness and I was not the case. Its a fine line at times how it is diagnosed and how its understood by a Dr or therapist.

For me I know well that I am not hearing voices that are telling me to "do things" its a vibration that I feel a sensation that is in the inner ear, or the skin that reacts with "goose bumps" its an out side stimulus. Too when you hear voices from the non living its a one way communication unless you open that door to more.

For me with contacts all the 5 senses are in play so you feel at times the events of a death. When you hear voices that is the only sense in play from what I understand from those that have a mental illness.

Its a fine line, to where at times we land. I know now in not talking about things as a child might well have kept me from an institutional life. I too know well that I had to grow to understand whom I was in life.

I did go and get looked at by a professional at 18 as I honestly thought I was going mental and that I needed help. Yet I was not being told to do things.....I was having conversations that made sense.

When I had issues with my kids in school talking to the non living I had to take a stand an make it openly known whom and what I did, and that my kids were doing the same. We went to a child therapist and I remember him telling me that he did not believe in one's like me, never met a Medium and that science could not prove it. Well the appointment ended with him saying o me that he wondered now how many he might have missed diagnosed. He felt that facts I shared were so intimate in detail I could not fake that.

Its a fine line on diagnosis too, it comes down to whom at times you land seeing I think.

Having worked with families that have lost someone to suicide that had mental illness and took their life its hard to understand. They took their life so that they did not at times cause that harm they felt they would. Spared at times their family that path of suffering on some level. Yet they still left a hole in the family.

The brain is huge in its imagination and its ability to fill in the gaps. It seeks logic where there is no logic at times. This is where that 6th sense comes in that is outside the brain and is a vibration we learn to understand and work with.

Having had a different NDE I know well there are levels to the lessons at times we are given . Its not all that tunnel of Light and seeing family, or having a live review. Too we are programmed at times that death will be the Light and the other things that come with it. Until we go we will never know.

Lynn
Old 24-09-2019, 09:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. ~Richard P. Feynman

So how can someone be sure of the spiritual experiences ? Because everything can be blamed on the mind playing tricks or illusions. Many people that died temporary as NDE say that they didn't experience anything, they couldn't think, smell, hear or see, just unaware, so that's the proof that our identity is linked to our brains.

Or, they don't remember it. Many people don't remember to have dreamed ever. You, like almost everybody, don't remember when you wake up all the dreams you just had. The science, you seam to put your faith in, "established" that everybody dreams every night, several times. Animals dream too.

You quoted Feynman ... Why do you think that quote couldn't apply to you too?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-09-2019, 10:51 PM
Suspended
Seeker

The posts on this topic are well articulated and thoughtful. I would just like to add my own personal experience to the mix.

I have been accused of harming someone psychically. This person, no matter what I say, maintains that I e hexed him, raped his soul and done other disposable things that I absolutely have not done. His proof in all this is the voices he has recently started hearing. He says hearing these voices is proof of the way I’m hurting him.

He is clearly schizophrenic, or bipolar or paranoid or all three. He used to be medicated by has stopped taking his medication.

The truth is that hearing voices is ALWAYS a sign of mental illness. I’m sorry for those who believe otherwise.

And if you are a person who believes people can get into your head and do some
Kind of violence to you that way you really, really should seek help.

The person who believes these things has terrorized me and my family with a litany of threats and accusations. He’s emailed my friends and acquaintances to tell them all about the things he THINKS I’ve done. I can’t leave my house without mace. So whe. You ask what’s the harm in letting someone believe that’s things I hope you remember my situation and understand that there IS HARM to mental illness. Always. Never mind how mush this persons family and children must be suffering.
Old 24-09-2019, 10:51 PM
Suspended
Seeker

The posts on this topic are well articulated and thoughtful. I would just like to add my own personal experience to the mix.

I have been accused of harming someone psychically. This person, no matter what I say, maintains that I e hexed him, raped his soul and done other disposable things that I absolutely have not done. His proof in all this is the voices he has recently started hearing. He says hearing these voices is proof of the way I’m hurting him.

He is clearly schizophrenic, or bipolar or paranoid or all three. He used to be medicated by has stopped taking his medication.

The truth is that hearing voices is ALWAYS a sign of mental illness. I’m sorry for those who believe otherwise.

And if you are a person who believes people can get into your head and do some
Kind of violence to you that way you really, really should seek help.

The person who believes these things has terrorized me and my family with a litany of threats and accusations. He’s emailed my friends and acquaintances to tell them all about the things he THINKS I’ve done. I can’t leave my house without mace. So whe. You ask what’s the harm in letting someone believe that’s things I hope you remember my situation and understand that there IS HARM to mental illness. Always. Never mind how mush this persons family and children must be suffering.
Old 25-09-2019, 01:10 AM
Knower

Ad Infinitum, that clearly sounds like Schizotypal behavior. Especially thinking you have stolen his thoughts or gotten in to his head somehow. (Seriously, if I could do that I'd be all over Brad Pitt not some random guy!!) More
symptoms are highly exaggerated ideas, perceptions, or actions that show the person can’t tell what’s real from what isn’t. Here the word "positive" means the presence (rather than absence) of symptoms. They can include

Hallucinations. People with schizophrenia might hear, see, smell, or feel things no one else does. The types of hallucinations in schizophrenia include:

Auditory. The person most often hears voices in their head. They might be angry or urgent and demand that they do things. It can sound like one voice or many. They might whisper, murmur, or be angry and demanding.

Visual. Someone might see lights, objects, people, or patterns. Often it’s loved ones or friends who are no longer alive. They may also have trouble with depth perception and distance.

Delusions. These are beliefs that seem strange to most people and are easy to prove wrong. The person affected might think someone is trying to control their brain through TVs or that the FBI is out to get them. They might believe they're someone else, like a famous actor or the president, or that they have superpowers. Types of delusions include:

Persecutory delusions. The feeling someone is after you and means you harm.

Referential delusions. When a person believes that public forms of communication, like song lyrics or a gesture from a TV host, are a special message just for them.

Somatic delusions. These center on the body. The person thinks they have a terrible illness or bizarre health problem like worms under the skin or damage from cosmic rays.

Erotomanic delusions. A person might be convinced a celebrity is in love with them or that their partner is cheating. Or they might think people they’re not attracted to are pursuing them.

Religious delusions. Someone might think they have a special relationship with a deity or that they’re possessed by a demon.

Grandiose delusions. They consider themselves a major figure on the world stage, like an entertainer or a politician.