Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 25-02-2018, 08:08 AM
Knower

Book Esoterics

Book esotericism is a trap in which people sit for dozens of years until their passion for "esotericism" passes or until they die. This trap is much more complicated than everyday esotericism, in which a person at least somehow works with real living reality. In the book esoteric, a person becomes a slave of knowledge both at the level of theories that prevent him from perceiving anything that is really new, as well as practicality, which is pulled to the ears by the forms read in books. The reality is arranged so that everyone can find himself at the level at which he was born. However, the society in which we all live has long crushed a man under him, playing on his ignorance for turning it into a cog in a huge machine, divorced from the essential self-realization of man. Book esotericism is one of the consequences of cultivating the totality of ignorance.

In the process of life we ​​accumulate experience and knowledge, but even good literacy does not abolish the general ignorance that manifests in our slavery from our own knowledge and experience. That is, literacy only increases the importance of our knowledge by reading books and obtaining a diploma of higher education, increases our own importance in our own eyes, thereby strengthening the value of our judgments about life even if they are not supported by our literacy. All this is a typical ignorance, which we ourselves are cultivating. And this is not to mention the personality that is formed even in an unconscious age and lays the foundations of our behavioral reactions. All this tears us away from our own essence, substitutes essential necessities for desires and needs coming from the individual to fulfill the social order. Man becomes a robot controlled by archetypes and motivations through desires that the robot considers to be its own, arising freely or at its will. In fact, all this is nothing more than part of the robot's control mechanism. A well-known phrase says: "The slave who thinks himself free is most effective." We all imagine our freedom, but in reality we are slaves of our personality, which governs us through needs, dreams, desires, moods, life values ​​and much more.

Trying to understand and get out of this slavery does not give anything, since the personality allows us to see only our individual shortcomings, the elimination of which only leads to the strengthening of our slavery. In fact, our ignorance is total, there is nothing that would be outside its space. All our life values, knowledge, experience, all our activities are built to strengthen the totality of our ignorance. We correct mistakes so that ignorance becomes right, we add new knowledge to strengthen it, we are practicing to reinforce experience and give even greater importance to our ignorance. Even if you understand all this and decide to correct something, then the person will fix only what is visible on the surface, which means it will become even more flexible in controlling the robot.

Book knowledge in the field of esotericism further strengthens our ignorance, because unlike scientific knowledge, their correctness can not be proved. Each person selects those books that he likes. But we already know that a person is a slave of his personality, he only does what she pushes him to, forming in his head positive emotional reinforcement in the process of reading esoteric books that only strengthen the personality and mask ignorance. All the rest of the information is angrily rejected by man as wrong, false, as a delusion and a scam, even if it is in the same book. If you read up to this point, then perhaps your slavery is already a little weakened and the person misses some information at least at the level of not critical attitude toward it. However, listen to yourself, you see some slight suspicions that the author wants to convince you of some wrong things, to impose his thoughts, and in general to encroach on the value of your knowledge and practical experience? This manifests your ignorance. If there is nothing like that, then it's not a fact that it's better, since it can only show your inability to observe yourself or to a very good disguise of personal filters of perception of verbal information.

A person is self-described on books. His perception is obscured, the person exposes the filters, which make it impossible to get really new knowledge, capable of destroying zombies by reading books. Such a person is able to read only such texts, which reinforce and supplement the previously read. In the new text, he looks for similarities to his old knowledge, and only perceives these pieces, reinforcing the degree of his self-incrimination with new authoritative evidence of their correctness.
Old 25-02-2018, 08:14 AM
Knower

I will give some examples of the perception of flows. The person with whom I work and who has the ability to adequately perceive the streams of life, talked about how he rode in the minibus, hurried to the institute and suddenly felt that he had to leave right now, long before the stop that he needed. And he went out, was late for classes, got then scolded, but then he went where he was drawn and met his friend who was talking to a person he did not know. They met, and as a result, he went to a group engaged in very necessary for him at that time, practitioners. Did you often go out at the wrong place? If they did, they were absent-minded and then fled to correct the situation. Well, usually your thoughts on the bus are occupied with thinking about book theories, book practitionership or looking at the surrounding landscape. Do you think that you understand what is at stake? And that, now you will sit in the minibus and listen to the "inner voice"? Nothing will change, since while you are engaged in this book occupation, the person you want will sit directly in front of you. Now you will look at all the buses on those who are sitting opposite? All this is a book esoterics, when the real work is replaced by a search for similarities in your life with what you read in books.

An example of even more direct interaction with reality was written by Kalinauskas: "I will never forget one very strong experience. In one of our last meetings, my Teacher said: "When you pass by a drunk who is lying in his vomit, and you hear the words spoken through him for you, from now on you started to learn." I regarded it as an image that you need to be careful that you do not need to reject anything in advance, that this is detachment from form. But one day I really walked past a drunken man, lying in his vomit, and heard through him what he had said to me (his voice suddenly changed, and he said some very important things in that strange voice), that is, it really happened. And then I understood something, scrolled all the words of Teacher in my head, and the last of what he told me, understood in nine years. "(Kalinauskas, I." Games I'm Playing ").

The trick here is that homeless people are usually very primitive, their mind, which is not burdened by the intellect, does not prevent them from blurting out the first thing that comes to mind in accordance with the situation of probabilities at level 7. I also had a similar case. I had a few gold coins, it was the end of 2008, the crisis was growing in the economy, and I was thinking of selling them. However, the price of gold fell, and I had doubts about what should be sold right now. And one evening I went to take out the garbage. In the garbage dug bum, he did not notice me and was a little scared when I started to dump garbage into the tank. Just look at me like that, he was embarrassed, he had to say something, and he said: "Look, so as not to throw gold." Then he thought and added: "The main thing is not to throw gold!". It's possible that it was some kind of a standard bug saying, but I've been throwing garbage for many years, I do not often meet homeless people and no one ever spoke to me. I did not sell coins, and sold them in 3 years, when the price became more than 2 times. This bum said exactly what I needed to hear at the right time for it.

How can you feel these streams of life? None. This is an indirect indicator of how harmonious you are with yourself and with the world. Kalinauskas said: "It's just not necessary to pull the Teacher's words under him, you have to pull yourself to what Teacher said." This is true, but in fact, there is nothing to pull at all, especially if you do not have a teacher, but only books or pseudo-teachers, profane and half-educated. It is necessary to observe oneself through real introspection, leaving no traces. It is necessary to search for not correctness, but for oneself. Not the steepness of elite teachings for flawless warriors, the accessibility of secret esoteric knowledge from the Planetary Hierarchies, or the secret knowledge of the Basic Laws of Esoteric Science from the Galactic Guardians, but to try to reach the real streams of life that constantly surround us. Not in altered states of consciousness, but in ordinary real life.

I myself have been a book esotericist for over 10 years and I know how pleasant it is to be involved in understanding unusual knowledge and observing different phenomena in internship. In principle, there is nothing wrong with the books themselves, because in man there is only total ignorance, and reading books is not the worst variant of pastime. But it is very bad to be a slave to these books and your own training. Engaging in the theories and practices described in books, one must bear in mind that there is no esotericism in the books. There are no true teachings and secret esoteric knowledge available to the initiate. Moreover, it is impossible to get into esotericism either through the practices described in the books, or through studies with pseudo-teachers who do not belong to the real living Tradition. For a long time, spent in the book esoteric, I got a lot of knowledge and practical experience on the ATS, realized dreaming
Old 25-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitiananda
I will give some examples of the perception of flows. The person with whom I work and who has the ability to adequately perceive the streams of life, talked about how he rode in the minibus, hurried to the institute and suddenly felt that he had to leave right now, long before the stop that he needed. And he went out, was late for classes, got then scolded, but then he went where he was drawn and met his friend who was talking to a person he did not know. They met, and as a result, he went to a group engaged in very necessary for him at that time, practitioners. Did you often go out at the wrong place? If they did, they were absent-minded and then fled to correct the situation. Well, usually your thoughts on the bus are occupied with thinking about book theories, book practitionership or looking at the surrounding landscape. Do you think that you understand what is at stake? And that, now you will sit in the minibus and listen to the "inner voice"? Nothing will change, since while you are engaged in this book occupation, the person you want will sit directly in front of you. Now you will look at all the buses on those who are sitting opposite? All this is a book esoterics, when the real work is replaced by a search for similarities in your life with what you read in books.

An example of even more direct interaction with reality was written by Kalinauskas: "I will never forget one very strong experience. In one of our last meetings, my Teacher said: "When you pass by a drunk who is lying in his vomit, and you hear the words spoken through him for you, from now on you started to learn." I regarded it as an image that you need to be careful that you do not need to reject anything in advance, that this is detachment from form. But one day I really walked past a drunken man, lying in his vomit, and heard through him what he had said to me (his voice suddenly changed, and he said some very important things in that strange voice), that is, it really happened. And then I understood something, scrolled all the words of Teacher in my head, and the last of what he told me, understood in nine years. "(Kalinauskas, I." Games I'm Playing ").

The trick here is that homeless people are usually very primitive, their mind, which is not burdened by the intellect, does not prevent them from blurting out the first thing that comes to mind in accordance with the situation of probabilities at level 7. I also had a similar case. I had a few gold coins, it was the end of 2008, the crisis was growing in the economy, and I was thinking of selling them. However, the price of gold fell, and I had doubts about what should be sold right now. And one evening I went to take out the garbage. In the garbage dug bum, he did not notice me and was a little scared when I started to dump garbage into the tank. Just look at me like that, he was embarrassed, he had to say something, and he said: "Look, so as not to throw gold." Then he thought and added: "The main thing is not to throw gold!". It's possible that it was some kind of a standard bug saying, but I've been throwing garbage for many years, I do not often meet homeless people and no one ever spoke to me. I did not sell coins, and sold them in 3 years, when the price became more than 2 times. This bum said exactly what I needed to hear at the right time for it.

How can you feel these streams of life? None. This is an indirect indicator of how harmonious you are with yourself and with the world. Kalinauskas said: "It's just not necessary to pull the Teacher's words under him, you have to pull yourself to what Teacher said." This is true, but in fact, there is nothing to pull at all, especially if you do not have a teacher, but only books or pseudo-teachers, profane and half-educated. It is necessary to observe oneself through real introspection, leaving no traces. It is necessary to search for not correctness, but for oneself. Not the steepness of elite teachings for flawless warriors, the accessibility of secret esoteric knowledge from the Planetary Hierarchies, or the secret knowledge of the Basic Laws of Esoteric Science from the Galactic Guardians, but to try to reach the real streams of life that constantly surround us. Not in altered states of consciousness, but in ordinary real life.

I myself have been a book esotericist for over 10 years and I know how pleasant it is to be involved in understanding unusual knowledge and observing different phenomena in internship. In principle, there is nothing wrong with the books themselves, because in man there is only total ignorance, and reading books is not the worst variant of pastime. But it is very bad to be a slave to these books and your own training. Engaging in the theories and practices described in books, one must bear in mind that there is no esotericism in the books. There are no true teachings and secret esoteric knowledge available to the initiate. Moreover, it is impossible to get into esotericism either through the practices described in the books, or through studies with pseudo-teachers who do not belong to the real living Tradition. For a long time, spent in the book esoteric, I got a lot of knowledge and practical experience on the ATS, realized dreaming

Why do you feel the need to degrade the homeless, you call them ' Bums '
They are Sentient beings like yourself and deserve respect.....

' There but for the grace of God go I '
Old 26-02-2018, 10:12 AM
Master
If it was not for you quoting the OP, Sky, I would have been none the wiser as to his 'knowledge'. :)

We take from books and from life and from experience, those materials we require for spiritual growth, as long as they are applicable to the individual and applied as such.

Oh the number of esoteric texts I have studied and devoured in my lifetime...thousands, but for the past 20 years or so, the only book I have read was one by Gregg Braden called "The Belief Code". However, most of what I have learned comes from three sources:

1. The shamans of Bali, Indonesia.
2. The teachings of Satyananda Saraswati &
3. My own 'inner guru' which, of course is Shiva.

Having said that, people can get 'hung up' on just about anything - Esoteric books, Mills and Boon books, going to football matches, watching soap operas, posting on SF forums, eating chocolate cake, doing yoga...until they get bored or death claims them...either way.

It is rather silly to assume one knows the karma of another and attributes this to a certain action, when the only test OF it will be at the actual end of life...if they have either obtained Moksha, or need a few more goes on the Kalachakra merry-go-round and nobody in this lifetime can know it.

It is also karma which dictates what one is 'sposed to DO with all the knowledge they have gleaned and of course, they can post articles on SF forums about it, but while ever that is done with some kind of 'agenda', another coin gets deposited in the slot of the merry-go-round for the next ride.

We live, we learn...we learn, we live and yes, I agree that not ALL knowledge comes from books and those who cannot read are no less 'spiritual' than those who can.

For example...and it is a very GOOD one.

In India, all of the esoteric knowledge and teachings are basically confined to the "Brahmin caste" as they are the 'chosen ones' to hold it...they are the only ones allowed to study and read it so only THEY can attain moksha/liberation and nobody else can.

As such, all the poor Shudra Caste remains illiterate...they have no way of obtaining liberation...but oh wai...YES they do! through worship and love of God.

Yes, one can study the sacred texts and through them, develop a love for God...which was pretty much what happened to me.

Of course, esoteric knowledge isn't everything, it's only a 'means unto an end' but until that is understood and experientially realised, the Esoteric texts will still be studied until one can learn nothing more FROM them and how many lifetimes this will take is anybody's guess.

I don't consider myself any better/worse than a 'bum in the street' because I know what I know! they could tell me something that I did NOT know and what they told me could make all the difference. However, it's those who preach and profess their own 'truths' to be 'absolute' is what annoys me just a bit...also, those who say how 'esoteric knowledge is binding' and yet, go on to post thread after thread of 'esoteric knowledge' on this forum and if there's another thing I cannot stand, it's hypocrisy.

So, maybe I'm egotistical, maybe I am proud, maybe I still have a 'lot to learn' but that's far better than one who posits that they do not.

There but for the GRACE OF GOD go I.
Old 26-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Master

[quote=Shivani DeviFor example...and it is a very GOOD one.

In India, all of the esoteric knowledge and teachings are basically confined to the "Brahmin caste" as they are the 'chosen ones' to hold it...they are the only ones allowed to study and read it so only THEY can attain moksha/liberation and nobody else can.

As such, all the poor Shudra Caste remains illiterate...they have no way of obtaining liberation...but oh wai...YES they do! through worship and love of God.

.[/QUOTE]

Shivani Devi,

I very much liked your example. The very same thing happened in Christianity over the years. Knowledge, in many ways, was restricted to the priesthood. It made no difference in regards to liberation(salvation) even by the very things or knowledge that the priests possessed. Namely, that the scriptures taught salvation by grace......not knowledge.

To differ somewhat, I would suggest that liberation is not dependent on worship and love of God. I would simply assert that it is soley dependent on love.....period. One that is permeated with love and radiates love, IMO, meets all the criteria for liberation. "Worship and love of God" unfortunately has connotations of association with some specific religion and this has a way of reverting to a knowledge based philosophy.

In the Christian scriptures(1 Cor. 13), the Apostle Paul states that 'love never fails' and that it is what truly endures......even mentioning that eventually knowledge 'passes away'.
Old 26-02-2018, 10:52 PM
Knower

Shivani when you read, a feeling that you exist in three realities ..

And this happens mainly in the majority of the forum inhabitants .. Because they just just consume the book gum from the stores, which only confuses them. And they think on the basis of this delirium. Because of this they can not even direct their thoughts in one direction .

Books on spiritual practice can only be read by those who have reached that shore. In the terminology of yoga and Buddhism, they have attained liberation and enlightenment.
Everything otal is just a book stuff. Which only makes a heap of different alien concepts in your mind.
Old 27-02-2018, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Shivani Devi,

I very much liked your example. The very same thing happened in Christianity over the years. Knowledge, in many ways, was restricted to the priesthood. It made no difference in regards to liberation(salvation) even by the very things or knowledge that the priests possessed. Namely, that the scriptures taught salvation by grace......not knowledge.

To differ somewhat, I would suggest that liberation is not dependent on worship and love of God. I would simply assert that it is soley dependent on love.....period. One that is permeated with love and radiates love, IMO, meets all the criteria for liberation. "Worship and love of God" unfortunately has connotations of association with some specific religion and this has a way of reverting to a knowledge based philosophy.

In the Christian scriptures(1 Cor. 13), the Apostle Paul states that 'love never fails' and that it is what truly endures......even mentioning that eventually knowledge 'passes away'.
Thank you.

For me, worship and love kind of goes 'hand in hand'. If one loves something, there's a natural tendency to show just how much - or as much as the limited human condition allows.

Some just worship by rote though and I have seen them.

Between the ages of 21 and 35, I was married to a Hindu priest from Fiji and I was in the rather unenviable position of being a 'dutiful priest's wife'....who also was totally smitten by the Hindu God, Lord Shiva (my ex-husband was a Ram Bhakta...and things were rather 'interesting' in regards).

I went to many pujas (prayer services) and really got into it - but externally and superficially, I noticed everybody else just attending out of a sense of duty, really - according to dharma...I didn't 'feel the lerve' from others...only from Shiva and my husband.

The women would all dress up in their finery and jewels (while I was wearing a plain sari or shalwar khamise only). They would all sit around in groups and gossip about others who were not in attendance and when I asked if they actually understood the service and what was going on, they pretty much said 'nope'.

The men would all sit around in a separate group drinking Yaqona (Kava), discussing politics...and I would sit by my husband in the 'men group' (because I despised gossip and the 'clucking hens' on the other side of the room) which was pretty much frowned upon, but I was permitted to do so, due to my 'status'.

...anyway, after a while, I noticed how people were just using a religious meeting as an excuse to socialise and show-off and it was totally different to the ISKCON movement...yeah, I sorta missed those days when others would just get up and dance around ecstatically and spontaneously, totally oblivious to their surroundings.

Whenever I started to go into trance, my husband (or another) would try to quickly snap me out of it with some kind of philosophy or another...saying that I was being 'possessed' or it was 'demonic' and such...yeah, after being raised in Agama Hindu Dharma this was rather a very rude 'culture shock'.

I also noticed that for one night a year, Shiva would get a 'look-in' but for the other 364 days, He was pretty much totally ignored...which left me thinking 'how hypocritical is that'? and as stated, I have a problem with hypocrisy that I don't know how to reconcile within my being yet.

Anyway, back in 1995, I pretty much left Hinduism due to all this...due to all I experienced...only for Lord Shiva to show up again in my life some 20 years later with a "You may have left Hinduism, but I never left you" and I got back into worship as an 'expression' of my heart...maybe on one level for 'seeking favour' as I did not feel worthy...humility made me do it and I don't always agree with nitiananda (hardly ever) but I do agree that one cannot just allow themselves to rest on the 'laurels of love' because there's a propensity for becoming complacent (a much better word than 'lazy') and take God's love for granted - take the love that one also feels...for granted (which was probably what was happening in the case of those aforementioned Hindus).

There's a word we use...it's called Bhava...which can be transliterated to 'attitude' or 'faith' or 'right intention' sort of a mixture of all three...some Sanskrit words are not so easily definable into English...sometimes worship is done with ego...with the intention of 'receiving something' like more money, curing illness, better status and outcome in life, receiving Gods grace, gaining salvation/liberation and sometimes, worship is down as an expression OF that love...in the only way one can show it...even if they know that 'God knows'...it's not enough...and one acts totally irrationally in the throes of Bhakti (rapture) anyway, so we can't really be accountable for it.
Old 27-02-2018, 12:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitiananda
Shivani when you read, a feeling that you exist in three realities ..

And this happens mainly in the majority of the forum inhabitants .. Because they just just consume the book gum from the stores, which only confuses them. And they think on the basis of this delirium. Because of this they can not even direct their thoughts in one direction .

Books on spiritual practice can only be read by those who have reached that shore. In the terminology of yoga and Buddhism, they have attained liberation and enlightenment.
Everything otal is just a book stuff. Which only makes a heap of different alien concepts in your mind.
In regards to this, I always post from my own direct experiences...ALWAYS and I don't think I have ever quoted text from a book ON here, apart from a rare shloka in Sanskrit that I may provide to emphasise a concept I'm trying to outline.

Problem being, of course, it's normal and natural these days for others to ask for a 'source' and aren't really satisfied with "it comes from THE Source" and so, others seek 'book PROOF' of whatever another is relating, in that it's totally irrelevant unless a famous, 'enlightened' Guru has said it beforehand and NOT you...because the individual human is seen as being unimportant, unwise, irrelevant...no 'credos' behind them whatsoever...and this is WHY 'book knowledge' is reinforced and perpetuated.
Old 18-07-2019, 03:41 PM
SARArigo

best credit card deals