Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-06-2011, 02:57 AM
Experiencer
The Dangers of Astral Plane Travel

The Dangers of Astral Plane Travel

We are speaking of astral travel here, not astral projection.
Astral travel is traveling upon the astral plane....astral projection is traveling in our astral body, upon the physical plane...big diff.
First consider what the astral plane is….it could be called the plane of the roots of the desire nature. This is where we encounter heavens…and hells, constructs of souls, and remnants of our own construct which we have dropped off as we have evolved beyond clinging to them. So understand for someone on the spiritual path….and realize that this path begins on the first day that we separated off… but for the person on the return journey of the spiritual path, who has completed their separate individual creation and is now motivated towards unity with Source…on the astral plane there is nothing of any use……HOWEVER, and this is a big however, passing through the astral plane….offers great advantage.
OK, so there are some main LAWs on the astral plane that I can think of off hand, and one is….where you place your attention….you will go. So, as I have said there is nothing of use, and only detriment upon the astral plane it must be understood that the first rule for the Traveler who is seeking spiritual advancement…there is ONE RULE of the astral plane, and this is…. DON'T GO ANYWHERE THERE. But focus on the Light on the other side.
Now the reason there is “Danger” is that there is first as I said the law that states where we put our attention, we will go…and BE…then there is another law, it is related to Time in our realm, but there is no time on the astral plane, but rather what I call momentum. Now as I have said there are heavens and hells. And other constructs…all of these have momentum, and this momentum I can best describe by comparing it to an undertow in the ocean, or a fast moving current in a river. Basically where we put our attention, we will be pulled into. Now it might seem a dandy idea to pull into some heaven realm… However as there is no time, and there is this momentum…and also something else happens that is a quality of the astral plane that I call magnetism. You must understand that not everything that exists upon the astral plane is really real, it is most often a construct that has been built upon desire and all it’s buddies like fear, lust , envy etc. And the creations here are created upon these qualities and are unified by what I call magnetism which in the physical realm manifests as gravity. So, because of this quality, and because generally where a person is drawn , or puts their attention upon the astral plane is based in their own desire nature…they are pre-magnetized so to speak to whatever realm they pull in to..and once in that realm…and here is the dangerous part….that realms magnetism will further magnetize them….. (I’m sorry about the language here, I am only speaking from experience, have never read much on the subject, as every time I have started, I realized it was just jive someone was puttin out to bolster their ego, and had no relationship to the truth…so this language I use may seem…. Insufficient. But here is the deal. If you put your attention on the realms out there, you will be pulled in, and magnetized to that realm….virtually losing your sense of self here in the world… Also we run into the constructs of our “dearly departed” and this can side track us, as we believe that these are the spirits of our loved ones with messages for us. But these are not spirits, but constructs of spirits…like a thrown off energetic replica. This is not to discount that there is a possibility of contacting the spirits of our dearly departed, but they are not on the astral plane..they are on the other side of the astral plane…. At the true seekers destination. Another problem we encounter is that as I mentioned there is the residue of our own past discarded pieces of construct out there…crap we’ve evolved beyond through a lot of soul work, yet by the law, if you look at it…you will pull it back to yourself, essentially de evolving.
So what purpose is there for the genuine seeker of…. Enlightenment upon the astral plane…. Well, none…but if we can pass through the astral plane, and not waver, not put our attention upon one single thing there except the pinprick of light we see in the distance….. then by Law we are drawn to that Light. Now in this there is unbelievable benefit. First just by the act of passing through this desire realm without being trapped…. And going into the Light… what happens is that …hmmm… those parts of our self which were added through desire…. Are fed with this Light, and upon this they are diminished in their astral nature….. they cease to control us. We are being enlightened. Now once you make it through the astral plane and to this place I call the White Hall….then there is a new rule. Stay as long as possible. Here the difficulty is that you have lost reference points…you have no body, not even the astral body which is a comfort in it’s familiarity. So you mostly cease to exist except for just a little seed of you that carries on. Now the longer you stay in the Light, the more your “lower” astral nature is equalized by this light, it loses it power over you.
So to summarize:
1.There is no benefit upon the astral plane for the seeker who is Returning to source…
2. There are the dangers inherent in the laws there of attention, magnetism, and momentum. We can become lost within desire realms and virtually lose ourselves…
(OH, and because of the lack of time there it is possible to spend what seems an Eternity…in heaven and hell constructs)
and something else I didn’t mention…even if you cheat the rules to pull into some heaven realm, it sets up a “habit” of “pulling in”. This is sort of hard to explain, but even if you cheat to get a little (eternity) of heaven, once you pull out ( and this term is very relevant…pull out) it sets this habit for your astral body and even if you realized upon spending this eternity (which by the way upon returning if you are so lucky to this realm could have only been a matter of minutes or even seconds)… it is very probable you’ll “pull into” whatever the next nearest realm out there is…and this could be a Hell realm where you get to spend an eternity…. (which here could be 30 seconds)…but make no mistake, there it can be an eternity…in hell, no fun.
3. The only purpose for the aspirant of the astral plane is as a place to “pass through” without stopping, to get to the Light on the other side…where we stay as long as we can handle being….Nothing and Everything.
But here is the rub. This is the astral plane we’re talking about…the plane of the roots of desire, the place where you can have anything you desire, the place where all your dreams can come to you…and all your hells, and constructs of loved ones who have pretty much all the qualities of the real thing….it is very alluring. Alluring is it’s nature. Very few humans can make the trip through without being sidetracked. If one does not have a very powerful soul to travel with them and keep them in line…well good freakin luck. Me, I had the best folks with me, teachers of the highest light, and I knew the rules…. But I cheated…. And I got totally lost in a world where I was as real as I am here….only nothing like I am here. And I totally forgot I had a body sittin back there in Lotus position…. I was gone John and happily checkin out some 16th century babe for future conquest….When my Teachers pulled me out…. But that “habit” I mentioned pulled me into the next one….they pulled me out again, and the third one was really a trip, I used the magnetism like maybe a space ship would use the gravity of a planet to do this slingshot thing and keep from pullin in.
Then I went to the White Hall and stayed as long as I could.

Of course this is the beginning of a whole new adventure cuz spending time in the Light as I said changes you, but not on every level….so there can be difficulties dealing with the fact that everytime you come back you are a totally different person than when you went in… better, more enlightened…. But so different that your loved ones will look at you like,”who is this dude”….and you yourself will suddenly have all those dark areas in your being that have been illuminated, to reconcile yourself with… But if you have good teachers they’ll tell you the key to dealing with this…
Anyway I realize this is probably not worded to best explain, but any specific questions I’d be glad to answer.