Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 02-09-2017, 12:39 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by journey
How do things work for you? From start to finish, what is your personal experience on how spirit communicates with you? I am truly intrigued, I would love to hear personal details of what each person goes through when spirit connects with them...

What I'm interested in are the details, seems like many shy from going into detail, I understand that everyone is different and receive things in their own way. Let's hear it!

~journey

Once you connect, do you ever really close that door? Mine stays open. All spirit does is speak up. They do not constantly send me information. But once I change my perception it's like a signal. They then use the easiest access point. Usually clairaudient or visions. My Clair's also work in several different ways. They will usually use claircognant ability when there is something that it's time for me to work on. Right now, it's working with light. Super interesting. I can feel the light itself shift like its another skin. It's very strange though, when working on something new, I just automatically start doing it. Ya gotta love this stuff 😊
Old 02-09-2017, 03:12 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
Are you saying the spirit person is as real to look upon as a flesh and bone living person?
There have been times when I've had my doubts about a person's authenticity.

Rod

Hello

Yes to the point where I have literally reached out to try and touch someone to see if they are there.

One experience was in the mall I worked in, I was sitting on the bench having a chat to someone, and a security guard comes up to me and goes there is "no one there, whom are you talking too ? "

I was like OMG this is not someone on the flesh.

In doing Platform Work I have at times had someone stand beside me that can be seen by some in the audience. It takes a huge energy drain on me to have them come in this way so its not something that is done in trying to hold them in place or manifest them in.

A lot of the times its a quick in and out event of Oh you can see me cool and gone.

Lynn
Old 02-09-2017, 03:19 AM
Administrator
Hello

My favorite story of a spirit connection is tied to a past life I had as a Madam in the Wild West Days. I ran a Cat House. I was well respected and ran a nice house of ladies.

I had this occurance in the grocery store I shop at the most. I would see first this man in cowboy duds pushing a cart, nothing odd about that other than we do not have many that look like him where I live. I noted that no one seemed to pay him mind that he looked out of place. I saw him again and noted this time he was looking at me like he knew me. I said Hi in passing with nothing back but a slight smile. The next time I saw him I took more note of him as I had told a friend about the experience. He asked me if I knew he was living or not....I was like I am not about to touch him. LOL Then he asked if he ever had shopping in the cart....oddly no.

The last time I saw him he w as with two young ladies that we so not dressed for the store. Noted no one was looking at them, so I did as my friend suggested I bumped into his shopping cart lightly with mine. POOF gone.

That was one of the most interesting encounters I have had.

Lynn
Old 02-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

A lot of the times its a quick in and out event of Oh you can see me cool and gone.

Lynn

It took me hours to remember the reason for making that query. Then I remembered the "policeman".

Many years ago, when I lived in Scotland, I was working evenings with my Dad. He would pick me up in the van from where I lived. Each time he would have to climb several flights of stairs to knock my door. So one evening I decides to go downstairs to wait for him.

I lived opposite a primary school and it was that time of day that the kids were coming out to go home. There was a Lollipop Lady close by so I gave it little thought to my hanging around leaning idly against the wall.
Then I recall that the policeman appeared from out of nowhere. He smiled at me then proceeded to ask me questions. I told him this was where I lived and that I was waiting to be picked up for work. Then smiling again, he asked - you don't remember me, do you? And then told me who he was.

Many years previous to this, when I was at secondary school, there had been a time when I would get home in the evenings and there was this young policeman sitting drinking tea with my Mother. Not unusual really; community police work back in the day!
So that's who he was.

It wasn't until a long while later, a long while, that this meeting began to haunt me. Then I realized that my memory was seeing the policeman without having aged. He was just the same as he was then.

My innate skepticism will always try to explain away any inconsistencies in such occurrences.
Deep down I know them for what what they are, and how one event has links with the other
at a very personal level.
I'm sure there's more to it than meets the eye. Unfortunately my belief in such matters
just isn't strong enough to see them the same way as you do.

Rod
Old 03-09-2017, 12:57 AM
Administrator
Hello Kine Lea

As you were waiting alone it is possible that the officer stepped in from the Spirit World to watch over you. This happens a lot but we do not always open to talk about it is all. At times we put it up to our subconscious being scared of being alone and we feel someone is there to help. Most times there is someone there but we want to be kept safe.

Lynn
Old 11-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello Kine Lea

As you were waiting alone it is possible that the officer stepped in from the Spirit World to watch over you. This happens a lot but we do not always open to talk about it is all. At times we put it up to our subconscious being scared of being alone and we feel someone is there to help. Most times there is someone there but we want to be kept safe.

Lynn

To be honest, I do have misgivings about mediumship, and with good reasons.

A while ago I worked as a security guard and pulled a three night weekend solo shift at a haunted house out in the middle of nowhere.
Some guards swear they had seen ghostly appearances, maybe to scare me maybe not, but I can't say I saw or was aware of any apparitions. What I can say is that there were many "bumps in the night", of which being a guard I had to check out.
My experience was one of an almost physical presence of negativity. An unnatural force. Some of which was malevolent.
I had several accidents, some down right nasty, before my shift had finished.

It wasn't until many years after, I was living elsewhere, and watched a TV documentary about a London college that had been given an envelope to be kept safe for a very long period of years. When the stipulated time arrived for opening the envelope it happened that there were early photographs of Victorian seances, complete with ghostly apparitions seen in the background.

Of course academics won't believe in such things and will go out of their way to disprove them; the London college professor being no exception.
After he had shown the photographs to photography experts, a New Scotland Yard forensics team, and others, it was agreed upon that they were fake. But, none could say how they were faked.

Still perplexed the professor took the photographs to a college for mediums - an old Victorian mansion house out in the middle of nowhere. The very place I had once worked.
It was very interesting to see the place as it once was. Before the workmen and the diggers had turned it into a concrete shell surrounded by mud.

So you see, I think the dead should be left in peace. Only if and when they decide to visit us can it then be good and proper. With positiveness, rather than negativeness.

Please don't take any of this as a reflection on yourself, Lynn.
Your OK. I've read many of your posts and know your heart is in the right place, and that there is a real need for mediums to repair what damage has been done.

Rod
Old 10-11-2017, 02:10 PM
Newbie ;)

The first thing I notice is I feel a change in energy and feel extra sensitive almost like being turned on/ fine tuned often will feel a knot in my solar plexus. Different situations will render different outcomes eg sometimes I don’t want to speak to Spirit so ask them to go away, sometimes they will not .
Old 10-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Administrator
Hello

I never take anything said to me personally, I am an open mind to what is out there and I so for many years begged not to be like me, to the point I almost took my life at 16 over it all. I have come to understand that this is just whom and what I am and if I can "freely" bring some closure and peace I will.

I worked for 3 years as a Medium for a UK TV show behind the scenes remotely to look at possible locations for the show. This show did not provoke they investigated and helped clear and move those on trapped. I too noted that it was "hyped up" for ratings (insert scream here) sort of things. I do not condone the investigations where they provoke or where they are not there in a pure way to help.

I agree that the dead need to be let be, I never force a contact (nor do I feel you can do so) if someone is willing to come to me so be it. With readings I open that door is all and the rest is up to those in Spirit. I trust in being protected by a Higher Power, Guides ext.

I too know that there are some that go to places that are so called haunted and feel nothing at all, been there done that. Its the same with Graveyards the dead do not stay there that is a place for the living.

How does it all work, that is not yet proved on any level that it does work, like many things its about walking a pure and honest path with whom you are, and staying clear of the "greed" that being like me can bring on to profit.

Lynn
Old 10-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Master
My response went away, guess I wasn't supposed to say it. :(
Old 13-01-2018, 12:54 AM
Knower
When I first watched 'City of Angel's' and heard the line, "I can't see you, but I know you're there." that's me. I have never seen a spirit with my physical eyes. I see them in my mind. For example, My parents have 2 spirits in their house. My dad keeps having problems with his TV or anything related to it like the dish box, DVD player, remote...anything hooked up to it. He is not good with technology so he calls my husband to come by and see if he can figure out whats wrong/fix it so he doesn't have to call a tech. Normally I don't go with him because I'm no help either and hes usually back in 10 minutes so why bother. This particular time, I needed to borrow something so I went along. The TV wouldn't come on at all and my husband was fiddling with things and nothing was working. So he and my dad are talking about work and other subjects and there they are (the spirits) sitting on the couch next to me. But it's all in my head. They're laughing. Not side splitting laughing but a good chuckle. So I just watch them. My parents couch becomes an old dusty porch in the middle of the day (its 10pm at night) they're in rocking chairs just talking and laughing together. They don't say it but I know they're brothers and owned a cattle ranch and my parents living room used to be their porch where they would rock and talk together when they finished their day. I wonder what they're laughing about (I didn't ask directly in my mind) and the brother sitting closest to me tells me he made the TV not work. He's been trying for awhile and finally got it right. They're laughing because my dad gets so mad so easily and it's funny when he starts cussing and his face gets red. That they just wanted some quiet so they could hear each other talk and relax for a bit. Then that was it. The "movie" in my head stopped. So while I didn't physically see it, it was perfectly clear in my head. That it was late afternoon around 3pm, what they were wearing and the dirt that popped out of their jeans while hitting their knees when they laughed, their dark sun-worn skin, the edge of the wooden fencing where the cows were kept. So it was like being there but not quite. Hard to explain. I felt the warmth of the sun, I felt and smelled the dust (but not the cows thankfully, lol) and I felt the as though I was laughing with them even though I wasn't physically laughing. I might of been smiling though.

The next day my parents go TV shopping, buy a new set and schedule the delivery for 2 days later. That night, the TV turns on. They meant no real harm, but they were right...my dad is funny when he gets mad/frustrated. His fuse is so short and out fly the obscenities and rosy complexion, haha!

I have heard spirits with my physical ears, and felt a few chills, and smelled things. But I have never physically seen one. I have seen orbs and shadow figures. Stuff just pops in my head. names, dates, feelings, visions, colors, anything. Sometimes I "see" them, sometimes I don't. Maybe they don't want to be seen so I don't push. But I can always feel if it's positive or negative.