Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 06-12-2014, 01:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Spiritual cure for Depression?

Is there a spiritual cure for it? I'm not sure therpy is cut out for me nor is talking it out. Also how exactly are you suppose to mantain it on a daily basis? It'd be cool if people with experince with depression respond but anyone with viable information would satisfy.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Friend

I suffer from Major Depression (the clinical term for it, not my own description.)

I've used SSRI's which in all honesty did help a bit, but there are so many possible root causes of depression from lack of Omega 3 to Unresolved issues in our minds.

What bothers you most about life, as it is?

I think your answer to this could help anyone here guide you toward a path which could be beneficial for you.

Many hugs (if that's your thing).
Old 08-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Master
Reading has been my great teacher all my life. Two books come to mind, Strong at the Broken Places by L Sanford and Women Who Run with the Wolves...so much insight. Sorry if you are a male...this is from my female perceptive.

Spiritual aids for me have been keeping a dream journal and being in nature.
What resonates with you? listen to your inner voice, there is probably something that has pulled at you since childhood, a thing or place you go to for peace.

My depression was from trying to live a life not meant for me, not listening to my that inner voice.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Master
Lacking in purpose was the main cause of mine.

I think that's a very likely problem for almost anyone. Music helped keep me afloat during the worst of it

Main thing I find annoying about this life is how much is kept hidden from us, or how much we've forgotten or had conditioned out of us and how hard it is to get it back.

That said, I do understand our higher selves chose to put itself here to evolve. Let's just say I wished evolving was a bit easier!
Old 08-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsoo
Main thing I find annoying about this life is how much is kept hidden from us, or how much we've forgotten or had conditioned out of us and how hard it is to get it back.

That said, I do understand our higher selves chose to put itself here to evolve. Let's just say I wished evolving was a bit easier!

Your Higher Self is you. You choose to keep stuff hidden from you, or to forget things, or to go through what you do. Try to accept that.. it will make the process a lot easier.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Master
what is it that is causing your depression? or what is it that your clinging to? perhaps you may want to have a serious look into that. acceptance helps, but that is a lot easier said than done. exercise helped me a lot, also writing my feelings out. i use to suffer from depression to the point of contemplating suicide. the root of it is always in your thinking.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:25 AM
Deactivated Account

I am not an expert in this field, probably best to consult with a doc for any affects you are having internally. However, I do want to say as a side note that getting out of the house, taking a walk, breathing fresh air and being thankful for the space outdoors with nature is every therapeutic.

I found that staying indoors all day (be at work or home) as well as being on the computer too long can make the happiest person feel secluded and drained, this I know well. I found meditating near a lake helped so much.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:07 AM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Your Higher Self is you. You choose to keep stuff hidden from you, or to forget things, or to go through what you do. Try to accept that.. it will make the process a lot easier.

I am a wart on the butt of humanity then. Wait, does that make me the butt too? -shuns self-

Seriously speaking though, there's just a lot of concepts for me to wrap my linear, logical, goal orientated brain around. I'll just try a bit harder
Old 09-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator
I would first off not rule anything out. There is nothing wrong with trying a therapist and if it isn't your cup of tea moving on. This said, there are much resources online now that have helped me. There are a couple of psych forums that were pretty informative and there are oodles of books out there. Check out amazon and pick out a few that speak to you. As well on my own I have kept a journal to work out my thoughts. I find it best to write out whatever I am feeling no matter how dark and then try to come back with a counter argument to what I just wrote. The biggest issue I have found with depression is the unrealistic pessimism that comes with it. There is a sense of defeat before we even try. So just keep pushing through and every little small step you take will get you some progress. The other thing I found really helpful was doing dream work. I ask questions before I go to bed and then write down my dreams after I wake up. There are a few sites online that will help give examples of possible symbolism meaning. You do have to be persistent with this avenue as it can take some time for it to work so just keep trying until you notice you start to have good recall of your dreams. But it is important to write them down as you first wake up or you likely will forget. This means I have to have something handy even in the middle of the night even if to just jot down a hint to help me remember. And finally just follow your heart. Your soul knows what you need to get past this. Each of us is different and learning different things. So just listen to that small inner voice that wants to guide you towards love, healing and truth away from the lies that depression puts in our head. As tough as this is to feel when you are depressed you are loved and adored by spirit simply because we exist. We just forget as humans and need help remembering. Best of luck in your recovery and you are welcome to pm me if you want any further information.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:41 PM
Deactivated Account
I just have a comfortable feeling towards therapist though. It's mostly the situation I'm in though that prevents me from seeing one on a regular basis. I also don't like Psychology like I use to, since in my mind I'll read a symptom/sign page from wikipedia and think that is me. Plus it feels like what they call "healing" isn't what I want it to be. Like I'll still be mostly me but I just have to suck it up and deal with it.

Yeah the worst part of it is now I wake up this way. I use to like sleeping, but now I wake up and feelings are there right before I can make breakfast.

Thank you all for the responses, they have taught me something new.