Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 28-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Master
A Deeper Life

With continued meditation on silence a presence builds within, a dynamic fullness different from anything previously felt, and increasingly you live your days quiet and centered inside. There are no opposites in the formless spiritual realm and you learn how to move in complete stillness within your own being, and not get stuck or caught in thoughts and feelings.

My spiritual guide is much more than a guide to me; it enfolds me with a feeling of sweetness, gives me clarity and light to see, protects me from danger in this world and beyond, and most of all it protects me from my own dysfunction, or the ongoing battle which I have had with myself. I, on a deeper level, are my own spiritual guide; the relationship is one which I have with myself. A relationship that took persistent practice to develop.

We often fight against the very thing that would save us. It is all about the relationship which we have with ourselves, as the character of that relationship is what we offer to others. There are many realities that manifest during a day. If so-called “bad” news comes, that’s a reality. If I have responsibilities to take care of, that is a reality. But for all the realities that are ever changing, there is one reality that always remains exactly the same, regardless of time and place, and it is that reality that I must allow to address me and inform me.

It informs me on all of the other ever changing realities that may enter my world. It informs me of the ebb and flow of my own being. This is the reality which I merge with in quiet meditation. It is wise to learn how to master uncertainty and for me that mastery comes in inner silence. This world is ever changing and fraught with uncertainty but it is fortunate that in this uncertainty we can learn and grow from the certainty of our deeper being. Some say “higher Self” or use some other term; it does not matter what we call it, but it does matter whether or not we embrace it; what I call “our deeper being” is actually beyond words and holds no identity whatsoever.

A deeper life, not living on the surface embroiled in the symptoms that come from below the surface; accessing a deeper cause within my own being and not just the superficial symptoms that appear on the surface. Most people believe that because their physical body is on the surface that they need to dwell on the surface but for me that kind of thinking says I really do not know myself on a deep level. That knowing grows with practice and for some it may take more than a lifetime while for others it may be instant; for me in this lifetime the relationship which I now have with myself took decades of inner work to develop. Life is a gift but you have to unwrap the package to truly behold that most precious gift.

My deeper being takes care of me like “the lilies of the field” which does not toil. Opportunities are moved in front of me without my even asking, and my quiet meditation gives me the clarity to see a lot of those opportunities. In the serendipitous flow of life I am clothed, fed, and protected, without giving it much thought. There is a treasure inside our lives; deep within our own being, if we but dig for it and persevere to discover it. It is beyond thoughts, it is beyond words, concepts, paradigms, and ideas; yet we can access it in deep inner silence.
Old 29-03-2017, 03:01 AM
Suspended
Oneness of the source.
Old 29-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Master
You have found a deep relationship with your Higher Self and that can be a very nice experience. I have interacted with my Higher Self on a number of occassions and it was pure bliss. Good luck with everything Starman!
Old 01-04-2017, 06:22 PM
Experiencer

[quote=Starman]
Quote:
My deeper being takes care of me like “the lilies of the field” which does not toil. Opportunities are moved in front of me without my even asking, and my quiet meditation gives me the clarity to see a lot of those opportunities. In the serendipitous flow of life I am clothed, fed, and protected, without giving it much thought. There is a treasure inside our lives; deep within our own being, if we but dig for it and persevere to discover it. It is beyond thoughts, it is beyond words, concepts, paradigms, and ideas; yet we can access it in deep inner silence.

Your words humble me like I haven't been in a long time, and I sooo needed today, and everyday for that matter. Thank you for sharing your deeply earned wisdom Starman ~
Old 02-04-2017, 04:49 AM
Master
Would you please create a practice by which we can have this same experience as you, or a similar one, perhaps through a meditation?

I would like to meet this inner aspect of myself that you've spoken of but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places. How will I know when I'm interacting with him and not a lesser form of my consciousness? What I mean is are there different levels with recognizable traits? perhaps the voice of an early mental incarnation is weak of voice and it's advice is easily forgotten, perhaps a strong and clear memory indicates a bond strengthened by years of practice, etc.

Or perhaps the clarity of the inner vision becomes more and more clear as we develop a stronger bond with this inner force.

Also what exactly is this force? Does it look like us? is it a ball of light?

What does it want? Does it want to talk and converse with us? meditate with us and sit in silence nearby us? occupy the same space as us? expereince our consciousness? Enhance our conscious experience of life?

Like is it helpful, or does it just smile and stuff? because I've met aspects of myself that just smile lol. I met an inner Buddha once and it was just shining light and smiling lol.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Would you please create a practice by which we can have this same experience as you, or a similar one, perhaps through a meditation?
Sorry, but no I can not create and exercise that would work for everyone to have what I currently experience; mainly because each person's journey is as a unique puzzle which they, and only they, can put together. Some will do it by following a certain religion, others will do it by following a guru, others will chant, etc. there are as many ways to build a strong connection with your deeper being as there are people on Earth. My way is to quiet my mind and remain still in complete inner silence, and yes, it happened gradually for me and not all at once, but I am sure for others it may have came instantly; like enlightened gurus who had a greater connection from a very early age.

I would like to meet this inner aspect of myself that you've spoken of but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places. How will I know when I'm interacting with him and not a lesser form of my consciousness? What I mean is are there different levels with recognizable traits? perhaps the voice of an early mental incarnation is weak of voice and it's advice is easily forgotten, perhaps a strong and clear memory indicates a bond strengthened by years of practice, etc. Whatever you encounter in inner work comes from you, and I have learned not to have any expectations because expectations and analysis can halt the growth of your spiritual experience. If you want to experience a deeper aspect of your being, often you have to work through whatever mental and emotional aspects you have put inside of you. The process for me took decades.

Or perhaps the clarity of the inner vision becomes more and more clear as we develop a stronger bond with this inner force. Exactly!

Also what exactly is this force? Does it look like us? is it a ball of light? The force which I speak of is indescribable and may appear formless, as a very strong presence, or as a form radiating love and light, or it may appear in some other way. It can not be pigeon holed into one category of appearance. On a deeper level that force is us. In certain spiritual realms we are transparent beings, crystal clear and with no form; naked and exposed, with no inkling of deception or covering. A state of true honesty.

What does it want? Does it want to talk and converse with us? meditate with us and sit in silence nearby us? occupy the same space as us? expereince our consciousness? Enhance our conscious experience of life? What do you want? We are it and it wants nothing from us; it is that part of our being which supports our physical existence. True love asks for nothing in return.

Like is it helpful, or does it just smile and stuff? because I've met aspects of myself that just smile lol. I met an inner Buddha once and it was just shining light and smiling lol.
It is not anthropomorphic and does not mimic human characteristics. In my opinion if something has form, regardless whether that form is of a Buddha or something else, it is and illusion; a temporary state of being on its way to becoming something else. In my opinion our deeper self, or at least how I experience my deeper Self, is formless. But that is just my experience. Some people see visions of Jesus Christ or the Virgin Mary and I don't want to belittle their, or anyone else, experience, so what I am saying here just applies to me. The main ingredient for me is humility; humble selfless service, quiet meditation, and remaining quiet inside as long as possible throughout the day, but this may be difficult for those who have others at home which pull on their attention. That is one reason why some people move into an ashram or monastery, to be in an environment which is more conducive for spiritual growth. But I am not advocating that a person do that.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Master
Back in the 1970's I did live in an ashram, follow a guru, and received lots of darshan,
which I think helped my spiritual development. But as I said, it will be different for different people.
I will also say that losing my eyesight during the Vietnam war, and being blind for 5-years, contributed
greatly to my conscious spiritual journey; as I was a non-believer agnostic prior to losing my eyesight.

Just about every religion; Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Judaism, all talk about spiritual
surrender or "letting go," and the beginning of spiritual surrender for me comes with humility. It is not
a certain technique which is needed, rather it is a conducive spiritual lifestyle which needs to be developed.

It is more about what we are doing, thinking, saying and feeling, when we are not in church or temple,
or when we are not sitting in meditation, which counts more than when we are doing those things.
We can not let our mind run wild for 23-hours and then expect to experience complete silence when
we sit down to meditate for 1-hour.

Unconditional love comes with humility; live a simple humble lifestyle, and serve others, and your spiritual
connection just may get that much stronger. But have no expectations and be grateful for each breath
which you are able to take. These are the things which I try to live by but I can not say that I am always
on top of it.

If you meditate or pray in the same spot in your home regularly the energies from your humble prayer and
meditation will build up in that spot and make it easier for you to slip into a deeper state. This is what happens
in places of worship where people regularly come to pray or meditate, and when we go to those places there
is usually a very comfortable feeling even if no one else is there but us.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:35 PM
Experiencer

Is a deeper life part of INFINITY?

So much to keep reading in some really good threads (old and new of course) in this forum.

The concept that's always baffled me is the image that infinity doesn't occupy anything. How can this be?!? The fascination of it leads to some real intellectual battles here that go on&on with no conclusion. And the wonder remains the mystery of lifetimes.

Does the nothingness inside our minds take us to this void we each want to go to when we meditate? And for each of us, it is what it is for us alone, because we feel it and that is also just a void too? To reach "it" is just something there are no words for? A mind twister for me.

Any suggestions how to deal with this better?
Old 02-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Master
Joyce, I will share my perspective and may even frame it as “universal” but actually it is just my perspective.
In my opinion there is no such thing as “nothing.” The word nothing actually means no-thing and the spiritual experience,
including infinity, are not things; as things have an outline, they are objects.

We can say that outer space is a lot of nothingness with planets and stars floating around in the blackness of that nothingness,
but space is filled with hydrogen molecules and other microscopic matter which our human eyes do not allow us to readily see.
It is the same with our inner experience of emptiness or nothingness.

We must refine our feelings in order to experience the presence of nothing. Silence has a very rich and thick presence if we are
astute enough to tune into that silence and feel its’ presence. Silence is everywhere; it is in the background of noise. When we
talk about “anything” and “nothing” we are talking about the concept of things. Infinity is not a thing, emptiness is not a thing.
Things are finite with boarders. How we define something will determine how we approach it. Everything, including us, exist in the
midst of infinity. Infinity has an unfathomable breadth and depth.

There is no place where infinity does not exist as there are no gaps in infinity; if there were gaps in infinity then it would not be infinite.
I understand infinity as the absence of space and time; it is the absence of space because it occupies and permeates all and everything,
and it is the absence of time because it is everywhere at once. The human mind can not imagine infinity because thoughts are framed
like pictures with borders and words are limited, restricted, to their meaning. Thoughts are finite and can not encapsulate infinity.

We interpret reality with our limited senses while animals can hear things and sense things which humans can not. There is a reality
beyond our 5-senses and that reality exists in the here and now simultaneously right with us at this very moment. It is just a matter
of us refining our senses, which is what the process of quiet meditation helps us to do. I hear things much clearer when my mind is quiet, etc.
This is my perspective.

When I came into this world I was fine, very, very fine, and then I started defining things and lost my fineness. So I went searching for
that fineness and I found it right inside of me and now I’m fine again; very, very fine. We call that fineness “nothing” or emptiness until we
have refined, or re-found, our feelings towards it. That fineness is the softest and subtlest experience which human beings will ever encounter.
A baby is born in that fineness; that which we call emptiness or nothingness. The spiritual process is a process of refinement.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Infinity has an unfathomable breadth and depth.
This is exactly my delima. Don't breadth and depth have borders?
Quote:
There is no place where infinity does not exist as there are no gaps in infinity; if there were gaps in infinity then it would not be infinite.I understand infinity as the absence of space and time; it is the absence of space because it occupies and permeates all and everything,
and it is the absence of time because it is everywhere at once. The human mind can not imagine infinity because thoughts are framed
like pictures with borders and words are limited, restricted, to their meaning. Thoughts are finite and can not encapsulate infinity.
And this makes total sense to me, yet my human mind absolutely can't fathom it. So it's unfathomable. Okay so I accept or not be fine. That's the road to a joyful life: to accept that which we cannot change: the most difficult human task I think. There I go again: thinking
Quote:
When I came into this world I was fine, very, very fine, and then I started defining things and lost my fineness. So I went searching for
that fineness and I found it right inside of me and now I’m fine again; very, very fine. We call that fineness “nothing” until we have
refined, or re-found, our feelings towards it. That fineness is the softest and subtlest experience which human beings will ever encounter.
Starman, did you put these words together yourself from your life experiences? So in other words, since I wish to define (((which I'm certainly going to consider letting go of the need))) the idea that infinity is nothing (as I'd already imagined) just goes on and on forever and is incomprehensible because we can't imagine or define it? And this is one way to get closer to being fine? Yes it is Joycie,. I realize this, because without the need for the concept to be defined I am fine because I no longer need to wonder. Wow, so much to let go of; yes and each time I get closer to fineness. This is amazing.

I've always attributed my fineness to being loved. I don't know how to let this go. I actually posted a question on some relationship thread today; and I never thought I would. Yet I lead myself there for an answer to why I am as I am. Again needing to define fineness. What a nasty catch-22

I must say good-day and go meditate with peace. Thank you for your time; you are very wise.