Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-11-2016, 02:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Well no that is not Buddhism. Must be some other "guru's" teachings. I've never heard of spiritual or religious teachings that mention the "nervous system."

The term "nervous system" is from biology and is the network of nerve cells and fibers that transmits nerve impulses between parts of the body. But then anything goes as far as what people teach.

They all do Ryan.

The sushumi, the central channel or Lung in Tibetan being Buddhism are all examples of the central nervous system.

Energy practices are common in various traditions.
Old 27-11-2016, 02:45 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
bliss and silence. That is the real. That is the only common denominator. And part that matters.

Well everybody can follow any path they want. I would say the opposite. Experience is worthless, silence is worthless, bliss is worthless. What matters is how you treat others and yourself. In the end, all that will matter is if you created suffering in yourself and others or eliminated suffering in yourself and others.

Unconditional love, selflessness is the only common denominator.

But really if you are a true path, you become selfless, more caring and compassionate, full of non-judgement, empathy love etc. So one doesn't give up one for the other. Silence can be lack of ego, or some experience someone selfishly seeks..so it's really up to the person what they get out of teachings.
Old 27-11-2016, 02:56 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
They all do Ryan.

The sushumi, the central channel or Lung in Tibetan being Buddhism are all examples of the central nervous system.

Oh I don't follow Tibetan Buddhism. Has no appeal to me. That's where the belief in a "rainbow body" comes from too. I stick with Zen and Buddha's words pretty much as far as Buddhism goes. So yea no "nervous system" stuff.
Old 27-11-2016, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Oh I don't follow Tibetan Buddhism. Has no appeal to me. That's where the belief in a "rainbow body" comes from too. I stick with Zen and Buddha's words pretty much as far as Buddhism goes. So yea no "nervous system" stuff.

Tibetan Buddhism is tantric, zen like a few other traditions is Mahayana based.

It believes in direct transmission of the natural state a bypassing of needing to do any energy practices. Yet still a very direct use of energy.

Yes many traditions believe in a rainbow body or the different Buddha bodies.

Daoism believes in becoming an immortal for example.

I don't think you really understand what the vajra body represents.
Old 27-11-2016, 09:45 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Well everybody can follow any path they want. I would say the opposite. Experience is worthless, silence is worthless, bliss is worthless. What matters is how you treat others and yourself. In the end, all that will matter is if you created suffering in yourself and others or eliminated suffering in yourself and others.

But really if you are a true path, you become selfless, more caring and compassionate, full of non-judgement, empathy love etc. So one doesn't give up one for the other. Silence can be lack of ego, or some experience someone selfishly seeks..so it's really up to the person what they get out of teachings.

Sure. I waz speaking about what they all have in common. Weather that has value or not is up to the person. Being right and living right. To specific standards is your way. Perhaps start a thread on rightiousness. Im not being sarcastic its just why such a long conversation about what is enlightenment? When your interest is in rightiousness.

The bliss and silence is non judgemental. And makes being compassionate and so on much easier. Cause the power of the shakti and the silence in the mind are always bringing one into joy and contentment through like a gravitational pull. Being centered in the heart probably has a lot to do with its development. But what is right is a matter of the mind through its programming of conditions. Imo

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4

Last edited by running : 27-11-2016 at 12:13 PM.
Old 27-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Guide

Quote:
It is about desire, longing, for the desire for a thing in the belief it will make one happy.

At some point, also after enlightenment, one has to do stuff. Now for reaching enlightenment ego disattachment is crucial. A desire isnt said to make one happy but simply what somebody wants to do.
Old 27-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
They all do Ryan.

The central nervous system is the brain and spinal cord, it is the physical level, while the sushumna is a subtle channel, not physical, it cannot be seen by x-rays or on the operating table or post mortem as the brain and spinal cord can be. Lung is a Tibetan reference to an energy that can flow in the subtle channels, translated as 'wind', again Lung is subtle, and cannot be seen on the physical level.
Old 27-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Master
Quote:

Experience, silence, bliss, they can all be driven by ego and attachment, and they can all continue to feed the ego, so I agree they are not an indicator of enlightenment or spiritual attainment.

To me enlightenment would have to include unconditional love and profound intuitive knowledge though.
Old 27-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Guide

Im basicly referring to when the guru feels a true connection with a "student". I agree they should not seek for sexual pleasures with students. And yes can simply let sexual energy pass by. But the same goes for a normal job.
I read it all also a bit as in a seeker should not eat meat and such. Which isnt true as well.
Old 27-11-2016, 03:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krosser
I just want to see your definitions of it.

You should be enlightened in what you have heard. This is a living example, can you relate to it. There are levels and all is enlightenment, yes or no.

Here's something you may want to do. Begin a journal and date it. Write what you see today. Return 20 years later and rewrite the subject written about before with a new date and then compare. And repeat.