Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 09-04-2019, 05:41 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Yes sound advice.

Really? It sounds like a fearful person afraid to love, afraid to live.

Like many of us perhaps, but that is not real love.

I think, Honza, the problem is that most people don't know what love is. For one, love is not an emotion.

Hard to grok, I know ..

Peace be with you.

JL
Old 09-04-2019, 05:49 PM
Deactivated Account
I replace love with respect, but feel free to call it love if you want anyway. I sincerely believe that respect must be earned, not given as a free gift. Otherwise you will find yourself attracting all sort of nasty people you don't want to deal with. Exactly the same with this thing called 'love' if you happen to feel it for someone. Be careful who you're giving it to.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee

I think, Honza, the problem is that most people don't know what love is. For one, love is not an emotion.

Hard to grok, I know ..

Peace be with you.

JL
….I agree.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee

Hard to grok, I know ..

Peace be with you.

JL

' To love without knowing how to love wounds the person we love.'

So true, most don't know what love is.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:50 PM
ImthatIm

The Divine Love is the goal.
Once we find the source of this Divine Love by uncovering it in our BEing and it fills us inside.
We can then let the overflow spill on to other folks.
In this process the more we give the more we get from source.
This is a one way flow from source/God to our true selves and then to others and if it is reciprocal from others fine but if not fine.
Divine Loves radiates.
Earthly Love that we may have grow up in and around usually looks for reciprocation.(twisted)

^^^
Old 09-04-2019, 08:50 PM
Master
Fear is the energy that contracts, closes down, draws in, runs, hides, hoards, harms. Love is the energy which expands, opens up, sends out, stays, reveals, shares, heals - Neale Donald Walsch
Old 09-04-2019, 09:58 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Fear is the energy that contracts, closes down, draws in, runs, hides, hoards, harms. Love is the energy which expands, opens up, sends out, stays, reveals, shares, heals - Neale Donald Walsch

Love it.
Thanks
Old 10-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Where does the "love of others" fit into the scheme of things? From personal experience I have found that one can actually lose themselves if they love others too much. Has anyone else found this?

I loved others, but the deal breaker was that I forgot myself. I got lost. I know lots of other people who are the same. Somehow loving others can lose you and initiate you to forget yourself.

One needs to remain centred.

I don't think you can ever love others too much, however it is important not to lose yourself. Sometimes it just means shifting ones mindset and keeping perspective in order to love while remembering that self love comes first. Otherwise one doesn't really have the capacity to love others.

Sometimes it's a tough balance when one finds themselves giving so much attention and time away. There will always be those that say life is too short to spend the bulk of it on others, but it is the love of others that enriches life. Certainly ones own interests, hobbies, time in solitude are all important as well. In the end, it's a matter of balancing life so that both oneself and others are equally loved. It's tough sometimes, especially when family matters (or friends) take the front seat. It's important to remember though that taking care of yourself, with all that means, isn't a selfish act. I only find it to be selfish when those (such as parents) put all of their needs and interests before the necessary and crucial care of their children. Those younger developmental years are so important to building a healthy sense of self and self esteem for the child.

Another thing though is when others take advantage of your love to the detriment of your well-being, it's ok to say, "No."

Last edited by blackraven : 10-04-2019 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:45 PM
janielee

Agree with blackraven - I don't think we can love "too much" - is there such a thing?

But that would assume or mean we would first have to clarify what love is.

That's the really tricky thing, in my opinion. Most of what goes via love in this world is just conditional emotions and attachments. In my opinion.

JL
Old 11-04-2019, 12:40 AM
Master
To me there is only love, and it doesn't matter, toward a person or a blade of grass, it is the same.