Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-02-2012, 08:04 PM
angelwhispers

thinning of the "veil"?

what are your thoughts ... do you think as a person gets closer to their death the veil between this realm and the other side begins to thin? i do. my grandfather has been seeing people who have passed since summer and he doesn't believe in that kind of stuff. he's now in the hospital with chf and there isn't much that can be done. when he went into the hospital he told us he had a dream he was dying and then started counting but he couldn't get past the number18.
Old 28-02-2012, 08:08 PM
angelwhispers

he had a bad reaction to a med they gave him and was incoherent for 24 hrs. he told my mother while this was going on he kept asking margie for help but she told him she couldn't. margie is my grandmother, his wife who died in 2004.
Old 29-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Confere

I do think that the spirit realm comes to the living on those that are dying. It makes sense, that as your body dies, your spirit soars.
Old 29-02-2012, 11:43 PM
walkingbacktogeorgia

Same thing

My grandfather passed last March, and he experienced some of the same things. He was incoherent also for a while, and one day he just snapped out of it. I believe the veil thins right at the end. He had a dream that he was in a small church in a very small town that he grew up in. He said he kept looking at all of his dead relatives (and there were a great deal of them he was close to on the earth plane). He kept asking them for help and when he would, that person would look at the next person and it kept going. He said he kept asking my grandmother for help (she has not passed), but he said that she could walk really good (she had a stroke about six months before and lost her entire right side). I think it is our relative's spirits coming to us in a way that we will accept. My grandfather was also not one to believe in much of anything, but through his dreams his loved ones reached him and he was at home with them all again. They also found a way to give him peace regarding my grandmother which is why they showed him she could walk really well. He was really concerned about leaving her behind. The veil thins, I believe, right when our spirit needs it to. I found out after his passing from a friend of mine that he was incredibly psychic but he didn't know what to call it.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:01 AM
Celeste

I work with the aged, and a lot of the times I can see when they are halfway in this world, and halfway into the other. They are very psychic then. I think that's another way of saying the veil is thinning.

Forever after my mom died, my daughter and I were seeing hearts. I shared this with one of my residents, who wasn't too long for this world, and she said, "why it's the Sacred Heart of Jesus" who helps those who have been through a lot. Of course I said, I don't think He would take the time to come to little ole me. Then she went home with her family for the Thanksgiving weekend, and just before the game came on, she saw a heart on the screen and thought, now I'm seeing that girl's hearts! She wasn't with us too much longer, after one day saying to me that she was tired of fighting. That after she said bye to her family, she wold be gone. Saw her one more time, in a coma, and she squeezed my hand.

That's why I love my job so much. It puts me in touch with spirit world all the time; a very nice and peaceful place. And then there are the friendly ghosts . That's a whole other story.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:47 AM
angelwhispers

i agree and also think they are being comforted by loved ones that have passed perhaps to make the transition easier.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Experiencer

Very definitely so.