Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-09-2011, 01:00 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Billions of souls believing in something spiritual, beyond the physical. Beats the days when we spent our time bashing each other over the head with jackal jawbones, just for something to eat.

you talk as if there wasn't religion or civilization before jesus.....

"billions of souls believing in something spiritual, beyond the physical" was happening before jesus - it happened after jesus.
Old 20-09-2011, 01:08 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Do you think Krishna and Buddha were also fundamentalists? I don't understand your question here.

well what do you think is the difference between a fundamentalist and jesus going around saying everone elses interpretation of the torah was incorrect and his was the correct one?
Old 20-09-2011, 01:18 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
No, it's called looking at things objectively. Jesus the master had nothing but wisdom to offer. Fundamentalists who twist his teachings into something manipulative and ugly is an entirely different matter.

and looking at it objectively - jesus twisted other peoples teachings into his own.

you cant say you are looking at it objectively and put all the good after jesus died to him - but blame the bad on others. that is subjectively.

his life (like anybody elses) created ripples that go all ways - not just to the good.

not a lot changed with him existing and not. people were people before - people were people afterwards.

besides you only know jesus through the fundamentalists that wrote the bible - decades after he died - according to the myth anyway.
Old 20-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle
besides you only know jesus through the fundamentalists that wrote the bible
Not at all, there are many non-religious, esoteric writings on the master Jesus available to anyone who has an interest in exploring the occult side of his life and purpose.
Old 20-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Master
Quote:
well what do you think is the difference between a fundamentalist and jesus going around saying everone elses interpretation of the torah was incorrect and his was the correct one?
You know, I've heard a lot of people write off Jesus and his teachings for one reason or another. But I've never heard anyone accuse him of being a (Chriistian?) fundamentalist. That's a new one on me.

Jesus, the original fundamentalist... Has a ring to it, I must admit.
Old 20-09-2011, 01:46 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Not at all, there are many non-religious, esoteric writings on the master Jesus available to anyone who has an interest in exploring the occult side of his life and purpose.

interesting - when were they written? who wrote them?

did any of the writers meet jesus in person?
Old 20-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
interesting - the fish symbol only started meaning the definition of union of human and divine because of the greek word for fish was an acrostic spelling of jesus christ, of god, the son, the savior. it didnt mean that before.
In occult terms the fish is a symbol of physical matter merging with the spiritual (water). Symbolic of the initiated human being united with Christ-consciousness.
Old 20-09-2011, 01:56 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
You know, I've heard a lot of people write off Jesus and his teachings for one reason or another. But I've never heard anyone accuse him of being a (Chriistian?) fundamentalist. That's a new one on me.

Jesus, the original fundamentalist... Has a ring to it, I must admit.

i do not write off his teachings - they are good teachings.

again - there was life before jesus so he was not the orignal fundamentalist.

nope - he was not christian - as christainity is based on the worship of him. he was if anything a jewish fundamentalist - strict adherance to his interpretation of the torah.

to say that jesus was spiritual and not tied down to one religion - ignores the actual living breathing man that followed the torah - in his own interpretation.

see even now people are changing religions of the past to adhere to modern day society - thats how christianity came to be in the first place. taking the existing religions - changing the deity to suit modern day beliefs - and creating a new religion.
Old 20-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:
did any of the writers meet jesus in person?
Given all the info out there regarding akashic records, meditative states, and levels and planes of consciousness and awareness, why do you believe someone has to be there in person in order to know and experience another reality?
Old 20-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Master
Quote:
interesting - when were they written? who wrote them?
Seek and ye shall find. Google and away you go.