Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 11-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Master
Gosh there is a book out there that I hvae two copies of because I think it's rare...this man goes around to different trees and talks to them and each have a message it's a shortish book but it really opened me up and made me realize that I was not crazy when I could hear trees talking to me. I'll try remember the name of the book or look in my book cases one of these days.
Spiritlite.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
Reposted from another thread:

Trees are pretty smart

Don't know if this has been discussed anywhere but I communicate with plants and trees a bit.

They're a bit like an iceberg in the sense that most of their intelligence is not in the physical plane. They have a collective consciousness and are almost completely unattached to their physical counterparts.

Their IQs might be around 80, but their wisdom definitely surpasses that of the human race.

I'm sure enough of this to state it as fact although there may be exceptions such as young/smaller plants not being as connected.

another very interesting post!

I can't really postulate much about trees but they are quite a wonder. even the simple fact that they keep us alive is fascinating.
sadly I've noticed some discolorations and holes in leaves on trees recently.. it made me think of the state of the world and the people in it..
hopefully soon man and nature will really reconnect
Old 14-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Laksh

this discussion about trees is so interesting! Cool, i'm going to try out the tree pose every morning (:

But i've a question - How do you talk to trees? or rather how do you listen to trees? Because whenever I go walking, i feel comforted by their presence, but while i talk to them (in my head hehe), i also want to hear them. Is there anyway to do this? Any insights guys?
Old 14-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I love trees I remember my youngest memories of admiring and talking to and sitting under trees.....

here is something I read one time about trees in a book I can't remember but I saved it...here it is

Trees grow up through their branches, and down through their roots into the earth. They also grow wider with each passing year. As they do, they shed the bark that served to protect them. but now is no longer big enough to contain them. In the same way, we create boundaries, and develop defenses to protect ourselves and then, at a certain point, we outgrow them. If we don't allow ourselves to shed our protective layer, we can't expand to our full potential.

Trees need their protective bark to enable the delicate process of growth and renewal to unfold without threat. Likewise, we need our boundaries and defenses so that the more vulnerable parts of ourselves can safely heal and unfold. But our growth also depends upon our ability to soften, loosen, and shed boundaries and defenses we no longer need. It is often the case in life that structures we put in place to help us grow eventually become constricting.

Unlike a tree, we must consciously decide when it's time to shed our bark and expand our boundaries, so we can move into our next ring of growth. Many spiritual teachers have suggested that our egos don't disappear, so much as they become large enough to hold more than just our small sense of self--the boundary of self widens to contain people and beings other than just 'me'. Each time we shed a layer of defensiveness, or ease up on a boundary that we no longer need, we metaphorically become bigger people. With this in mind, it is important that we take time to question our boundaries and defenses. While it is essential to set and honor the protective barriers we have put in place, it is equally important that we soften and release them when the time comes. In doing so, we create the space for our next phase of growth.

Spiritlite

In my current opinion , a tree same as Mr Siddharta , same like Dalai Lama , same like Osama Bin Laden , same like pen on the table , same like the dog in the street , same like the cancer virus ................. is always a great learning source to learn , to understand , to discover our ownself ................thats my understanding of Buddhism