Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-03-2020, 05:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Exactly, but I'm not holding my breath for an explanation

I've asked this before in bible study groups and they quickly change the subject....

This is the second time I've ask this question on SF as well. Didn't get answered last time.
Old 17-03-2020, 05:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
This is the second time I've ask this question on SF as well. Didn't get answered last time.

And you won't be getting one
Old 17-03-2020, 06:24 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
And you won't be getting one

There is no Loving answer to this question.

Too bad so sad, doesn't cut it either.
Old 18-03-2020, 01:10 AM
Master

another answer to the question is, things just don't work like that and that particular doctrine is wrong as stated literally, as our human logic and intuition suggest - that doesn't mean it's all wrong, but gets some things right and some things wrong
Old 18-03-2020, 01:26 AM
Master
Quote:
And the tribes people with little or no contact with the outside world. Past and present day?

Those who claim they are doing the preaching work, claim they have preached to almost every one.

One might say "Almost!"

But then, after the preaching work is done, the 'end' comes.

The 'end' has not come yet.

If you look at the number of people being preached to in 1920, I think most people will agree that the number today is approaching 'every one'.

But then...... if you look at the scripture dealing with preaching, it does not say everybody will be preached to. It says the preaching will be preached thru out the World.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-03-2020, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
another answer to the question is, things just don't work like that and that particular doctrine is wrong as stated literally, as our human logic and intuition suggest - that doesn't mean it's all wrong, but gets some things right and some things wrong

...I agree.
Old 18-03-2020, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Those who claim they are doing the preaching work, claim they have preached to almost every one.

One might say "Almost!"

But then, after the preaching work is done, the 'end' comes.

The 'end' has not come yet.

If you look at the number of people being preached to in 1920, I think most people will agree that the number today is approaching 'every one'.

But then...... if you look at the scripture dealing with preaching, it does not say everybody will be preached to. It says the preaching will be preached thru out the World.

Countless numbers throughout history have never been preached to.
People born through no fault of there own in the middle of the jungle for one.

"I think most people will agree that the number today is approaching 'every one'." Do they?!
Old 18-03-2020, 07:34 AM
Master
Quote:

"I think most people will agree that the number today is approaching 'every one'." Do they?!

I don't agree in ' Everyone ' but it's an excuse I've heard before
Old 18-03-2020, 08:58 AM
Master
Quote:

Reread what I wrote with emphasize on the last sentence which reads "But then...... if you look at the scripture dealing with preaching, it does not say everybody will be preached to. It says the preaching will be preached thru out the World."

Then read Matthew 24:14 which reads:

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

That scripture does not say everybody will be preached to. It says the preaching will be done world wide (preached in the whole world ..... as a testimony to all nations).

Then look at Mark 16:15 which reads:

"And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."

In this scripture, it emphasizes that it is the gospel that will be preached and implies worldwide.

Note that in Matthew 28:19-20 the New King James Version (NKJV) reads:

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen."

emphasizes more of the same points.

I hope this answers your questions.
BigJohn

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-03-2020, 09:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Reread what I wrote with emphasize on the last sentence which reads "But then...... if you look at the scripture dealing with preaching, it does not say everybody will be preached to. It says the preaching will be preached thru out the World."

Then read Matthew 24:14 which reads:

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

That scripture does not say everybody will be preached to. It says the preaching will be done world wide (preached in the whole world ..... as a testimony to all nations).

Then look at Mark 16:15 which reads:

"And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."

In this scripture, it emphasizes that it is the gospel that will be preached and implies worldwide.

Note that in Matthew 28:19-20 the New King James Version (NKJV) reads:

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen."

emphasizes more of the same points.

I hope this answers your questions.
BigJohn

No it doesn't answer my question. And the fate of the ones that have never been preached to?