Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 11-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Experiencer
Acupuncture for resetting the circadian rhythm (biological clock)?

Is there such a thing? If I go to an acupuncturist, and I ask him about his.. is he going to do acupuncture for insomnia?

I can't sleep unless it is 5-7 AM,, yes AM..and although I sleep for 6-7 hours, I feel how I am dying on the inside slowly. The awful mood you get from skipping a good old night sleep is becoming more and more the 'new normal' for me, although it's neither new nor feeling normal at all. I feel like my body and mind needs a day that has 30 hours, not 24. I usually can fall asleep easy when I am mentally and physically tired, exercise and put my brain to work. But to do this, I need to be in shape, not in the s*itty mood I am. Really depressing and it sadness me, I feel incapable, lost and with a mental block.

So I want to ask, if I go and he starts his work on me, is that going to make me feel sleepy all day because of acupuncture or is there such a thing precisely for my thread's title? I really want to wake up in the morning, but please believe me when I say that I know all the tricks in the book and nothing is sustained for long. Could it work? I'm not even sure what I'm asking here.

Pic related:
imgur . com / 7Y5ibHe

I think I am going to get really bad diseases from this bad habit. I'm 27.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:25 AM
Newbie ;)

In Chinese medicine we work on insomnia all the time. Most cases are at least *helped* by acupuncture and herbs, but many get resolved with regular acupuncture for a while. And no, acupuncture should not make you feel sleepy all day though you might feel sleepy after your first session. And it is during that first session that the acupuncturist will go through your history and habits to try to find the best treatment plan for you.

And to your question, we don't treat "circadian rhythms" per se, because that's a specific Western term describing something that was not known in ancient times. We actually have our own diagnoses and way of looking at the body/mind.

I don't know where you live, but maybe there is some "community acupuncture" near you. You'd be treated in a room with others, but it would be much cheaper for you.
Old 13-02-2016, 02:04 AM
Experiencer
Thank you for your reply man I appreciate it!!
I'm gonna see what I'll do, as this insomnia not only that gives me poor mental skills but also increases the perceived tinnitus that eveyrbody has...
Old 13-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Experiencer
I think it's best to use acupuncture as a complementary aid towards my any other efforts to fix my sleep and not just rely on it like it would be a magic pill. If I'll do it, I'll come back here with a report :)