Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 26-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Master
I went to a practitioner for tennis elbow about 18 years ago as I didn't fancy corticosteroids. It sorted it out pretty quickly so I asked her if she could help my asthma too. I changed my diet and started nose breathing etc but it was only after the treatment that I ceased using my inhaler after 8 years of 4 vtimes a day. I was elated to say the least. Since then have had great results doing it myself with the Healthpoint electro-acupuncture device. Highly recommended and even deeper and more powerful than paid for needle treatments in my experience.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 26-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Master
Hey VctorG3... I was curious about that electro-acupuncture. I almost asked for that today. It temporarily got rid of my carpel tunnel but last Saturday I worked in the yard from 9 a.m. until 10 p.m. planting trees, cutting some trees mixed in with a row of pines...raking, burning...constant work with my hands and wow, I've been paying ever since with the carpel tunnel back with a vengeance. :-(
Old 26-04-2016, 11:04 PM
Master
Precisely why having one at home is worth it as you can work on it more often Sarian. I've seen them give instant and total relief to severe back pain and a dislocated patella. Each time the pain returned they treated the problem again until it didn't return. The affects are nothing short of miraculous really and the surprise on the sufferer's faces is worth it's weight in gold. I was actually quite chuffed when one family member phoned me on the way home from work that they couldn't continue the day and were grimacing with every corner turned as it gave me the opportunity to remove their suffering and scepticism in a literally a few buzzes.

After treatment they could have returned the next day if they'd have taken the device with them but work insisted they have one day off at least. I've spoken to the manufacturer and we were both agreeing how incredible the devices are and he was talking about how he doesn't mind hard selling them cos he knows they'll be glad he did.

About the best preventative medicine out there. In days of old that's what acupuncture was used for: to prevent you getting ill in the first and not for when it had happened, though both are relevant for treatment. Arm wrestle? ;)

Mine cost £2.50 from a car boot sale and instantly removed a stitch in the liver that I'd be putting up with for a couple of years. It returned but another quick zap and gone for another day or so and eventually completely.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 27-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Master
Hi VectorG3. I didn't know you could even buy one.

The acupunctured helped *some* yesterday but it's still affecting me today but the pain is gone...just the annoying tingling and other odd sensations. Hopefully, when I go back again in 2 weeks, it'll work better. I think Ill ask him to put a charge on it lol
Old 27-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Master
I went for migraines - my acupuncturist did about 30 minutes of massage and heat compress on my back and head, the acupuncture therapy, cupping, and supplemented with Chinese herbs and tinctures.

I had the initial appointment - was told to follow up in 1 week, then 1 month then as needed.

I did as I was told, she gave me cinnamon patches for different pressure points to help with the pain as well as took my herbs religiously.

I didn't have so much as a touch of discomfort in my head for over 3 years.

After the actually appointments though I always had a horrible migraine... it was like all of the horrible energies leaving my body.

She also explained to me why the pain was happening - she asked so many questions : color of your tongue, color of bowel movements, frequency of bowel movements etc... it turns out that my pain was caused by too much upper body heat - I handle my stress in my shoulders. She gave me some dietary suggestions which was probably the biggest help...

Triggers for higher upper body temp:

alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, spicy food

needless to say I was not too thrilled but everything in moderation!

I would suggest to anyone thinking of it to find a practitioner that is well-versed in all facets of Chinese medicine. My practitioner was a doctor of Chinese medicine.

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 28-04-2016, 02:14 AM
Master
Hi Moon Glow...the man I see has been practicing for over 25 years..or 30...can't recall now. The appointments last an hour or more. he does cupping but I've never had that done. he does the acupuncture on several areas of my feet, my ankles/chins...my hands, arms, near the elbow. My ears and neck and my forehead and top of my head, abdomen so far. Seems to add more each time. He use heat as well and moxi something or other...moxibusion? He checks my tongue. I get herbs. There is one or two other practitioners as well. One is Chinese. The place has been around a long time.
Old 19-06-2016, 05:05 PM
Deactivated Account
I have found it reduces the severity and frequency of my migraines.

My mum reports great success with it for her arthritis.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:00 PM
Master
Worked for my carpel tunnel...he also uses it to boost my metabolism and while I do feel more energy, it's not really doing much to help me lose weight. Lost 10 pounds and that's it. Now he's treating me for sciatica. Only twice now for that, with electricity and then electrode pads...anyone else have that done and did it work???
Old 14-08-2016, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator
I haven't tried it yet for the sciatica. (Sciatica and I hold a strange relationship! I blithely pretend it isn't there, while it likes to remind me it is -most days when I wash the dishes or walk down the lane in the evenings -no other times!)
I haven't tried electrode pads for it (yet)

I had 100% positive experience with acupuncture for a muscle spasm which was trapping a nerve in my arm many years ago. It had been like that for a week, and within 5 minutes of the acupuncture it was totally gone! I hugged the acupuncturist!
Old 22-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Worked for my carpel tunnel...he also uses it to boost my metabolism and while I do feel more energy, it's not really doing much to help me lose weight. Lost 10 pounds and that's it. Now he's treating me for sciatica. Only twice now for that, with electricity and then electrode pads...anyone else have that done and did it work???

Sarian...
How's it going with the sciatica?
I'm using acupressure for my (scaitica) pain, it does bring relief, but I'd prefer having it applied by someone who knows what they're doing instead of myself, haha....better than nothing, though:/