Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 19-11-2015, 05:44 AM
Deactivated Account

Acupuncture

so far,i love it and find it very healing. Has anyone else here had great results trying it?

"Change is the only constant."
Old 20-11-2015, 12:55 AM
Master
I haven't had a lot of it, but I enjoying it. it's so relaxing!
Old 06-12-2015, 11:50 PM
Administrator
I was involved in a car accident 8 years ago I was a passenger three kids in the back my sister in law was driving,i went to see a doctor where my sister in law lived they wanted me to go into hospital I was the only one injured.i didn't go as it was only 6 weeks since my husband passed away,i was told to go for Accupuncture this I did ,it did nothing for me nothing at all I was sent to see a private doctor who told me I needed a decompression operation on my shoulder I had it done 6 months later I was sent for more acupuncture again it did nothing, yet others get great results from it,it just didn't work for me

Namaste
Old 07-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Master

I had it and am having it - it helped with menopause symptoms and it is relaxing but it is not shifting the pain I have with my sinus.

we have pain for a reason.
Old 17-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Master
I've got an hour and a half appointment next Tuesday. I hope it works. I don't want to seek a reg dr. and get on BP meds. I have sleep issues too. So hope it works and not wasting money..
Old 17-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Master
For whatever reason it won't let me edit my above post...but this guy I'm going to has 30 plus years experience and great reviews, but what I'm reading a lot here and in researching, I sort of fear I'll be wasting money..
Old 27-02-2016, 06:47 AM
Newbie ;)

Sarian, how did your appointment go?

If I understand what you wrote correctly, you're hoping acupuncture will help with high blood pressure and sleep problems? The acupuncturist will probably defer to the doctor and medication for the BP, while still treating you.

Sleep can be tricky, but often responds to frequent treatments, like twice a week, depending on how bad it is.

Whatever you go in for will likely take multiple treatments which, I know, can get expensive. It would be great if you found a "community" acupuncture clinic near you...they'd be cheaper.
Old 27-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Master
Hi Brian, thanks for asking. It was okay...I rather enjoyed the experience but I did not detect anything out of the ordinary right afterwards. I thought perhaps more energy but it may have just been my good mood. I suppose I have slept better than the norm but I still woke up, but not as much. Yes, it can get expensive. I will go back in 2 weeks. I'll give it a couple months and see if it's worth it or not. He's going to try some other things as well. I've heard nothing but good about the acupuncturist and he's got a very gentle, calming way about him.

I really do not want to get on medicine for high bp.

There is a college about 17 miles from me that is a chiropractic college and eastern medicine college. I forgot all about that. Someone brought that up to me. I should research that a bit. I remember at one point I wanted to apply for college there for the eastern med. But never did.
Old 23-03-2016, 07:30 AM
Newbie ;)

I have seen it work incredibly well for about 90% of anxiety, 85% for pain, and about 70% for fatigue. It depends on the practitioner, their style of acupuncture, and how receptive you are to the treatment. :)
Old 12-04-2016, 11:13 PM
Master
Hi Joehall. So far it's working about 95% for the carpel tunnel...sleep issues...eh....I still wake up a lot but I don't stay away (unless I'm stressing about something)..My energy is a lot better but he recently had me start some herbs as well...kind of a stimulant.... My bp has gone way down. I had it checked yesterday and was blown away. It was almost near normal what it used to be...I am thrilled about that...it was not high at all.