Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 05-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Seeker

What's your experience with amber?

Hi, all you good people!
As the thread title suggests, I am curious to know your experiences with amber, since it is technically not a crystal, nor a stone, but fossilized resin from trees.
Please share your experiences and anything else you want to say about amber!

Someone suggests that it needs no cleansing. What do you think? How do YOU usually cleanse and charge your's?
Old 05-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Experiencer
I feel it expands my energy field and also makes me feel extra confident. IMO all crystals need cleansing at one point, some need it faster than others since some accumulate energy very fast while others do it very slowly. I see them working like filters and like filters, it eventually needs to get cleaned to get rid of all the build up. I do energy work so I just channel energy to my crystals to cleanse and charge, to me that's the easiest way since most of my collection consist of bigger pieces and other methods are not as fast or convenient for me.

When it comes to Amber, there's a lot of fake ones out there; even retail stores sell synthetic Amber. I suggest buying a handheld UV light (black light) to test your Amber, real Amber will have a fluorescent glow under UV light. I have tested it on my pieces and sure enough the ones I suspected of being fake didn't glow.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Kamila

Im not sure ive been wearing an amber necklace for 12 yrs so im probably attuned to it or cant feel its effects /energy.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Master
* Gotta remember Selbor's tip! * Remember you mentioning this before, had already forgotten it * blush *

I don't have amber myself, almost bought a piece a couple of times. I find the feel a bit odd. As it isn't crystal or stone, it feels different, not cold, just a different overall feel. Then my brain kicks in and tells me that a piece of tree sap holding energies is nuts, lol. I know, I know, blasphemy, lol, especially since I feel closely connected to nature and know full well that everything has energy.

At the mo I do need crystals for my 2nd chakra, so who knows ... I do find it very intriguing! To feel, touch, look at. Maybe one day, I will buy amber
Old 08-05-2015, 12:34 AM
Knower
I can't say I have much experience with amber either.
Some years back I did buy a little amber pendant from Ebay (when I say little I mean, think about the size of your pinky nail little). As adorable as it was, and so cool with little bits of stuff in it, I never sensed anything from it. Not like I do with stones and crystals.
It's a bit embarassing to admit that, during the whole time it was in my care, I ended up feeling more from the little metal bale (the connecting piece that you can use to hang the pendant from a necklace) than I ever did from that little bitty amber.

I would've loved to haved sensed something from it, but even now when I look at pieces of amber, I don't really feel much of anything from it.

However, who knows? Maybe someone else out there in this forum has more experiene with it <3
Old 09-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Cscotty

When I first found mine, I found it felt very warm when I held it in my left hand, which is the one I use to sense them. Haven't used it much but definitely felt a sort of warm glow coming from it (I think!)
Old 10-05-2015, 09:34 AM
Knower
I recently bought a baltic amber necklace for myself and also one for my girlfriend. My one has mainly golden amber but also some butterscotch and is cut and polished. It opened up my sacral chakra a lot when I first got it. Would feel it burning all day when wearing it. My girlfriends necklace is raw butterscotch. I wear it sometimes also. It opens my solar plexus chakra. The energy feels different. More direct than the polished amber. It's much smaller than my own necklace but the energy is just as strong if not stronger. Never done any meditations with them yet so can't comment on that.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Master

I love my amber and though it isn't a crystal I certainly can feel its energy signature.

To me its top quality I feel is its warmness, followed by its softness. It isn't though as soft as rose quartz and seems to have more substance in its energy rather then being as light as rose quartz's energy is. It's cozy.

I also find it is balancing on my energy. It's a little bit stabilizing on me. (I find the stronger stabilizing crystals too harsh and its got a "very slight" grounding affect on me).

I think thinking back that the amber was one of my surprise buys. I went into a crystal shop to get something else and picked it up and was like "oh wow, this feels good, I need this".
Old 10-05-2015, 05:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscotty
When I first found mine, I found it felt very warm when I held it in my left hand, which is the one I use to sense them. Haven't used it much but definitely felt a sort of warm glow coming from it (I think!)

warm glow :) yes, that is what I feel too from it.
Old 19-09-2018, 06:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflk
Hi, all you good people!
As the thread title suggests, I am curious to know your experiences with amber, since it is technically not a crystal, nor a stone, but fossilized resin from trees.
Please share your experiences and anything else you want to say about amber!

Someone suggests that it needs no cleansing. What do you think? How do YOU usually cleanse and charge your's?

Amber is a stone just as much as fossilized wood is a stone. She can be cut and faceted to become a gemstone. You might be surprised she has a decent refractive index which is used to enhance her beauty.

She can help you with past lives and for journeying into the far past.