Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 23-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Kiran65

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
I'm sorry this thread has pained you obviously you have still inner healing still to go through over this subject. Unfortunately not talking about this subject doesn't help people either.. it probably taboos this topic further where there should be no shame etc around it. Any subject around death is hard.

People die of cancer every day but things like cancer still gets talked about and I don't think no one should feel guilty talking about cancer.. suicide isn't shameful, I can understand someone who's lost someone not liking this subject but I don't understand why it should be a taboo subject in the way this thread is discussing.. I hope this thread could be helpful to someone.. I myself do know people who suicided, though I must admit I wasn't very close to them. One of my neighbours who lived opposite me did 6? years ago and others I've known have (I have a serious illness and some have around this and being severely disabled). Someone I knew suicided only about 5 weeks ago, he was a great guy, a funny guy at the main forum I hang out in for my illness who liked to make people laugh and I cried at hearing he was gone (and since then someone else did but I didn't know the other though many at the forum did).

So this topic and its spiritual implications is a very relevant one to me in several ways.

I brought this topic up as I'm trying to seriously understand this subject more with its deeper spiritual implications and I hope this thread isn't making light of it in anyway. I really appreciated you shared. (would it be a good idea not to read the posts in this thread if this topic is too painful??)

Though many people are going by their religious views of it, I'm hoping that there are some seeds of inner knowing also coming out through this discussion.... some deeper truths. Thanks to those who shared their past lives on this and how they feel about it and this topic now, maybe we have a lot to learn a lot by those experiences.

I hope this thread can stay open though Im sorry it has distressed someone.

It wasn't that talking about this subject pained me, it was the things said about people who had commited suicide had. The thought of someone, especially my husband, having to suffer for having done so, was horrific to me. And that someone looking for comfort from such a post would stumble upon this, as I did, is quite troublesome to me.

I did not read this post expecting to find this. I read it thinking it would 1--either offer me comfort, or 2--I would be able to offer comfort or perspective to someone who might be going through a situation similar to what I did. I never!! expected to read what I did. But I think you are right, I think I will stop reading the rest of the posts here, I think all it can do is bring me further anguish. Thank you.
Old 28-04-2015, 03:01 AM
Experiencer
"And who is to say the suicide was not a plan in that person's life-plan. Eh?"

I have thought this for awhile. I was emphatically told by a medium that date of death is the one thing that is unchangeable. So if that were true, are suicides meant to be exactly for learning both from the person doing it as well as their loved ones? Interesting to think about.
Old 28-04-2015, 04:11 AM
Knower
Souls who commit suicide usually reincarnate quickly. Their guides usually insist upon this. They usually go back into a similar life they just left to re-tackle the problems they did not resolve.

As one soul noted in a book I read about reincarnation, remembered through Between Life Regression, no one in the spiritual world looks down upon someone who commits suicide, but at the same time, no one comes up to you to pat you on the back for a job well done. The only regret, oddly enough, is usually from the soul who committed suicide because they realize they left an opportunity to experience and learn, but there is no stigma from having committed suicide.

A good friend of mine has had many thoughts of committing suicide throughout her life and attempted to do so one one occasion when she was 19 years old, but failed at that attempt. While unconscious she spoke with her guides and they revealed to her the number of times she committed suicide in her recent past lives and it was many. She then realized that after each attempt, she returned to a life that was similar to the one she left. The lessons/experiences she was running from were simply repeated. As she stated to me, "The lessons I was afraid to face were still ahead of me. Committing suicide to avoid them does nothing but postpone the next attempt."

Oddly, the soul ages, if you labeled each one (as written in the Michael Handbook), would be, in order from young to old: baby soul, infant soul, young soul, mature soul and then old soul. Its the Mature Souls that usually experience suicides. What marks this difference is that Mature Souls are starting to look inward, at themselves, whereas the younger souls are still exploring themselves externally, being more concerned about their place in the universe, thinking about what people think of them, than actually focusing on improving who they are. Once we start to look inward, we start to become spiritual, and are now Mature Sous. Often, that is when we do not like what we see in ourselves. We suddenly start to be our own worst enemies, finding faults in ourselves, and we can become destructive. This doesn't last too long, but it will last a few lifetimes.

I have no memories of having committed suicide in a past life, but I strongly feel most souls go through this. Nothing good or bad about it. It just is. Its another milepost.

PastPilot
Old 28-04-2015, 01:05 PM
AliceR71

I had a reading once with someone who told me that around the fifteenth century in Romania, I committed suicide because all my family were murdered during a large mass murder which occurred. She then told me that I returned to a more peaceful life as a buddhist monk in Italy. In this present life, I have often awoke terrified that my children have been taken away from their beds, I say often, it happened a lot more when they were much younger, less so now. I don't know if this means I have yet to experience such a thing because I committed suicide, unless of course, I had a similar lifetime later on between now and then.

Saying that, I don't really know if I believe I had such a past life, how does anyone know if a life they have had recorded, read or regressed to really was a former life?
Old 30-04-2015, 01:31 AM
Carnelian72

I believe all is choice, lessons learned in every situation whatever choices are made. If there are consequences, they are self inflicted. There is no judgment.
Old 30-04-2015, 01:45 AM
DayLight1555

Where do you guys get all these ideas that suicides leave scars and all?

Suicide is leaving earlier than when life randomly pushes you out. So how could it really matter?

Let's say you plan to come on Earth. You are then subject to Earth's randomness and you could die tomorrow from a car accident which was not planned. Or is someone saying that the souls know the future and know when a car accident will happen?

So if you had a mission to accomplish and you exited earlier, well, that shouldn't leave a "scar" thing. So you didn't finish your mission. So you'll do it next time.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:33 PM
coolchic101

i think it takes courage to live life and it also takes courage to commit suicide. i'm kind of in between. i have thoughts of suicide because I suffer from depression because of my life experiences (long story) and i ask "God" and "my guides" for help and then I feel my vibration being uplifted. it's a good feeling that there are beings on the other side who care about our welfare and that we're never alone (even though we think we are). i wish more people can feel and experience this. you know earth is one of the toughest schools to be in. it's not uncommon that people just want "out" before they graduate.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:34 AM
Ravenspirit

Yes, I think so. More than once too. It wasn't a negative. It was just necessary. First time it was either kill myself or be violated and likely killed anyway. The nunnery I was in was raided. The other women below me were already being violated. I was hiding but it was useless and I was soon spotted. It was only a matter of time and I didn't want to be next. Better I go by my own hand than like that. Second time was something similar. I wasn't going to survive anyway. I just chose to leave with dignity, to choose the moment. I don't and never have viewed all suicide as a negative thing. It's just part of life. It's sad, but it happens.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Everly

I am appalled at the ugly ideas about suicide. Dying by suicide is no different from dying from cancer or Parkinson's or ALS or being murdered or...anything else. These horrific ideas seem to be the result of some foundation in religiosity and/or duality.

Suicide is a sad result of misery so deep that others cannot comprehend it. Major depression isn't a myth or something that people can just get over. It is as physiological as the flu or cancer or cystic fibrosis. Why would anyone be punished for being sick? (<-- And that assumes a belief in the absurd notion of punishment.)

To anyone who has lost a loved one through suicide: Rest assured that all is well. There is absolutely no rule or even generality about anything regarding about how someone dies and their return or anything else. It's all -- ALL -- an individual thing with absolutely no judgment or punishment attached. We all learn from each incarnation. Just as there are those who preach that we don't reincarnate for X number of years, there are those who preach that if we die a certain way we will reincarnate in Y years. It's all hooey. We return when it's right for us to return, regardless of how we die.

Another way to look at it is that the person has complete all s/he needed to in this life. Done. Over. Time to move on for reasons only the person and her/his soul can know. As painful as it is for those left behind, try not to judge the person who's passed. Who's to say what, if anything, has been left undone? We cannot know that for another person!

Rest easy. The loved one who chooses suicide is just fine on the other side. S/he is learning things, just as we all do when we make our transitions to that other level.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:36 PM
AliceR71

I suppose all does depend on the reason why the suicide took place. I had an uncle, who I never met who killed himself at the age of just 17/18, the reason was because the girl who he was infatuated with didn't want to go out with him. This seems like a trivial reason compared to reasons why some people may do it. Perhaps he will live future lives with learning on dealing with rejection. Not sure if anyone should be judged on why they do it, it is just where they are on their path I guess....