Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 14-05-2014, 01:36 AM
laura~ann

Acupressure Mat

I was prompted to get out my acupressure mat last night before bed. Gave my back about a 10-minute treatment. Could feel the meridians responding all the way down my legs. I slept really well and my low back pain was gone today.
Old 24-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Seeker

Those things look scary lol, but I guess I should pick one up and try it out.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:23 AM
Pathfinder

They are amazing. You'll never use ice or heat again. I use it for knots in my upper back mostly, but since I've been using it I have less knots. I get knots from working out, the mat eliminates them sometimes overnight. Anytime anything hurts now I drive the area into the mat as best I can and it's yet to fail me. I lay on it every night just to relax before bed.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Master
Are you talking about those mats that look like yoga mats with tiny plastic points on them that you lay down on and supposedly work like acupressure? Because I think that I have seen them before, but questioned it. Do they really work? Because that would be great for me if it does.
Old 31-08-2014, 10:55 PM
jaminhealth

I just looked at the Amazon accupressure mats and believe I'll buy the ProSource as a starter mat...it's only $16 and it did get good reviews.....

Could use it for my back and shoulders and feet too....some use the head roll on their feet.. when sitting on sofa watching tv....read the reviews, sounds pretty good.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Master
jaminhealth...please post once you get it and give us your opinion on it. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it. Thanks!
Old 15-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Seeker

Well I finally bought one. I took a nap with it under a cover, and slept with it most of the night. I slept very well, and had very vivid dream activity. I still need to work my way up to using it directly on my skin, but I am impressed so far.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:56 PM
mindanalyzer

I bought this acupressure mat (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) for $45

I am going through serious discomfort in back and neck these months. I have been checked for structural problems before (x-rays & MRI) and my problems seem muscular. I do 200 miles weekly on my racing bikes (very fast cycling club here in Miami) which my back does not take very well and in my neck I would think the pain is caused by stress and working position (computer programmer in front of a PC for 8h a day)

I am using the acupressure mat every day before bedtime, at least 15 mins. Sometimes I lie on the mat and read something for 30 mins or so; when I stand up my back and neck are full of indentations and the whole back is very red and itchy (I guess because of blood circulation), and I would feel a strange sensation for 3-5 mins. I also doing core strengthening: planks, bridges with weight, pushups, stretching, etc

... Hopefully this helps me with my situation.

PS: I also own an inversion table (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1, $325) and I will force myself to spend at least 15 mins a day doing inversion therapy, although I am not sure if it would help with muscular problems
Old 12-03-2017, 06:00 AM
Newbie ;)

hi
I read your experience about Acupressure Mat its really amazing , I also share some tips about it , Our backs are important, and when they hurt we just can function like we want to. Use this set to relax tense muscles, relieve pain, and promote healing.

10 min neck position
10 min bottom position
5 min left hip position
5 min right hip position
10 min back position
try this

thanks