Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 09-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Master
Any Trigger point therapist's here?

Hi all I was just wondering if there are any Trigger point therapist's here on the forum or anyone who has tried TPT.

I have just enrolled online on this course with Neil Asher and looking forward to learning more about the subject.

Love GA x
Old 12-06-2017, 02:58 AM
Master
Oh that's neat. I wish you well. I have enrolled to do Marma point therapy myself, I need to get motivated and get into it, maybe we can motivate each other through our study. I need it..:) I am already doing this kind of work through my reiki, energy body work, intuitively.. it feels so natural to me to open and allow the guiding energy to take me to points in the body that call me to work there. Attending a chiropractor for 24 years and learning through his techniques and kinesiology training have given me some good hands on awareness of this too. So I feel the theory will really consolidate this for me in ways I can integrate and build more awareness. I have booked myself in to do a hands on learning course for the indian head massage which is part of the theory and practice for marma point therapy, which is coming up in august.

Tell me a little more about trigger point therapy?

Quote:
Energetically, marmas are extremely subtle points where the physical and divine energetic realms intersect in the human body. They are where vata, pitta and kapha doshas come together. There are 107 marma points that are most commonly used, # 108 being the flow of prana throughout the circuit.http://ayurveda-sedona.com/knowledge...point-therapy/

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 15-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Master
Hello naturesflow and thank you for your reply ;-).

Oh I wish you well with the marma points, I too would like to go more in. depth with that, but one thing at a time lol, I find it hard trying to learn all thing's I am interested at once ha ha ha. I too do Indian head massage along with other holistic therapies that I am trained in, I think you learn more and go in depth when working with clients, so I wish you well on the course.

Trigger point therapy so far from my understanding is working on area's of pain where the fibres of muscles become tight, or taut, when working on them through massage techniques and exercises we release the pattern of pain, releasing all the toxins and allowing fresh blood to circulate the area & muscles where the pain has been trapped releasing endorphins.

I have had numerous re-lapses with a bulging disc in my lower back to have attend physiotherapy and exercise to push the disc back in, I was referred to Pilates classes which help's with my pain, then I heard about Trigger point therapy and thought not only helping other's would help myself too in the process.
The thing that I love about this course that I have enrolled on, is there is no time limit to complete and take the exam which is brilliant.

Do let me know how you get on, keep me posted ;-)

Love GA x