Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Acupuncture & Acupressure

Old 09-04-2017, 01:37 PM
Pathfinder
Exhausted after acupuncture

Hi everyone,

I got acupunture a few days ago with a new therapist. She told me I was low on Chi and gave me a nourishing treatment. As it was the frist day of my cycle she said she wouldnt go too heavy with it, and warned me that I might be tired afterwards.

It's been three days now, and I've been feeling "off" ever since. I feel really tired, and waves of sadness crash over me intermittently, but I cant cry. I'm guessing this is normal, or did she do too much?

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Guide
This happened to me last year, I went when I was feeling tired and out of sorts and the acupuncture wiped me out for several days.

So what you experienced is within the normal reaction. I would say that with the emotion you're feeling the therapist released something. Make sure you drink plenty of water to flush this through your system, get plenty of sleep and rest, good food. Be kind to yourself and let yourself recover.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
This happened to me last year, I went when I was feeling tired and out of sorts and the acupuncture wiped me out for several days.

So what you experienced is within the normal reaction. I would say that with the emotion you're feeling the therapist released something. Make sure you drink plenty of water to flush this through your system, get plenty of sleep and rest, good food. Be kind to yourself and let yourself recover.

Thanks Patrycia-Rose <3
Old 10-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator
Whenever I have had acupuncture I was always advised by the practitioner to rest and 'take it easy' for the remainder of the day. Not to do any physical work or go for a strenuous walk etc. And to make sure I kept hydrated properly; to drink water or herb teas.
I never actually felt exhausted but certainly a bit 'dreamy' and not very energetic. Maybe for a day or two afterwards as well. I accepted the feelings and knew they were part of the treatment and didn't mind.
But once, an acupuncturist told me a patient had fainted immediately following the treatment. That person was fine after they had laid down a little while in a quiet room.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Master

It sounds like overstimulation where you hit your bodies limit of feeling good, and instead drop into a feeling of offness (haha is that actually a word). Like when you eat too much, the meal that was awesome at first now make you feel tired and dull.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator
I think with many of us it takes a little time for our bodies and systems to adjust when there is a sudden energy-shift. I think that's maybe quite natural and we should allow for it.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:15 PM
Pathfinder
Thanks Tobi; yes she warned me of that too, and she did say I might have an emotional release...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
It sounds like overstimulation where you hit your bodies limit of feeling good, and instead drop into a feeling of offness (haha is that actually a word). Like when you eat too much, the meal that was awesome at first now make you feel tired and dull.

Hah, definitely adding "offness" into my lexicon :)

I think you hit the nail on the head Melahin - whatever she did was overstimulating. She actually said she was giving me a gentle treatment, but I guess she overestimated how much I could handle (I'm extremely sensitive).

I'm trying to decide if I should go back to her... I kinda feel like she should have known how far to go, but...
Old 10-04-2017, 11:57 PM
Master

I remember when i started doing yoga i began to feel better, but when i went from going twice a week to three times i got sick. I thought that was a normal reaction to me opening up more energy in my body, when really it was me hitting a self imposed limit to how good i would allow myself to feel. And i think many think that it is a normal reaction to doing good to yourself like yoga and stuff as part of the growing path into more. When in reality it is not. It is you limitting yourself from feeling good due to some underlying issues you have picked up a long the way (most likely in ones childhood).

I agree she should have known better, it might just be that she has never been taught this or realized it, that feeling off is not a natural reaction to doing good.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:03 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
I remember when i started doing yoga i began to feel better, but when i went from going twice a week to three times i got sick. I thought that was a normal reaction to me opening up more energy in my body, when really it was me hitting a self imposed limit to how good i would allow myself to feel. And i think many think that it is a normal reaction to doing good to yourself like yoga and stuff as part of the growing path into more. When in reality it is not. It is you limitting yourself from feeling good due to some underlying issues you have picked up a long the way (most likely in ones childhood).

I agree she should have known better, it might just be that she has never been taught this or realized it, that feeling off is not a natural reaction to doing good.

I agree with you - I read before that the difference between a healing crisis and a simple crisis is that in a healing crisis you have a deep sense that what's happening to you is healing you. I have experienced both kinds of crisises after healings before, and unfortunately this time I feel like it's the latter. I feel like I've hit a big road block and it might take me a few weeks to process it.

It's nearly a week later and something is shifting now (skin looking brighter) but I'm still exhausted. She wanted me to come in for weekly treatments (which I got the sense was more about her financial situation than my health) so yeah... I think I might cool the jets on acupuncture for a while

Thanks for your feedback Melahin!
Old 12-04-2017, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator
Ocean....ask her directly why she thinks you need weekly sessions. Listen to what she says. Then tell her exactly that your body/energy system needs to progress at a slower pace, and that you feel that instinctively.