Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-10-2018, 12:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I used to be into nature, but now I'm all about the concrete jungle. I have a taste heavy metal and powerlifting which is blissful for me.

power lifting is awesome. so is heavy metal. the other day i was in vegas and wished i lived there because of how it felt. when it comes down to it for me anyways the earth has power everywhere in various flavors.

i think my passion for nature helped me open to her power. i dont really know? i started this thread because i spent a couple days driving through the rain. yesterday i was literally clobbered by her power in growth. growth for me is becoming like plastic man because my system has to stretch way out to handle it. that is growth in my world. stretch. the system gets acclimated. then becomes a deeper over all feeling of joy and silence.

i liken it to lifting weights. hit the weights. heal. become stronger.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 21-10-2018, 03:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
power lifting is awesome. so is heavy metal. the other day i was in vegas and wished i lived there because of how it felt. when it comes down to it for me anyways the earth has power everywhere in various flavors.

i think my passion for nature helped me open to her power. i dont really know? i started this thread because i spent a couple days driving through the rain. yesterday i was literally clobbered by her power in growth. growth for me is becoming like plastic man because my system has to stretch way out to handle it. that is growth in my world. stretch. the system gets acclimated. then becomes a deeper over all feeling of joy and silence.

i liken it to lifting weights. hit the weights. heal. become stronger.

I guess it's all about going to the limits, and then exceeding that limit, so the stretch, recovery and adaptation is the way of things. I also think it's useful to know what you're working on so there is clarity on what gets stronger. With the weights I don't lift as much as I can, so I don't even know my upper limits, but I can estimate by taking 3 reps to maximum and estimating my 1 rep max from that, but I'm crystal that I'm working on strength, and lifting my heaviest every time isn't the best way to do it. Still training at the maximum I can recover from, though, just not maximum loads.
Old 21-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I guess it's all about going to the limits, and then exceeding that limit, so the stretch, recovery and adaptation is the way of things. I also think it's useful to know what you're working on so there is clarity on what gets stronger. With the weights I don't lift as much as I can, so I don't even know my upper limits, but I can estimate by taking 3 reps to maximum and estimating my 1 rep max from that, but I'm crystal that I'm working on strength, and lifting my heaviest every time isn't the best way to do it. Still training at the maximum I can recover from, though, just not maximum loads.

not much different in my practice. i have extra time on my hands over the weekend. stuck 1600 miles from home without a load tell monday.

so i have time to push things as far as i should. yesterdsy and today. beyond what i should and i actually wont get as much progress. yesterday i sorta took it to the edge. i meditated for two hours on some basic drums and such. not isolating anything. then put on harmonics that isolate my third eye and went through the third hour on that.

after the total meditation my mind was facing its obstructions. unknown issues and what not. to clear through all that brought into my space i did another exercise. literally. i ran for twenty minutes while doing pranayama. using my breath while running to blow everything out the top of my head. also opening everything up more. and while doing this i usually feel my heart expand and grow a bit.

so i used meditation to bring my obstructions into my space to about my limit. used physical exercise in conjunction of a breathing technique to then blow it all out.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 21-10-2018, 11:26 PM
Master
Quote:
not much different in my practice. i have extra time on my hands over the weekend. stuck 1600 miles from home without a load tell monday.

so i have time to push things as far as i should. yesterdsy and today. beyond what i should and i actually wont get as much progress. yesterday i sorta took it to the edge. i meditated for two hours on some basic drums and such. not isolating anything. then put on harmonics that isolate my third eye and went through the third hour on that.

after the total meditation my mind was facing its obstructions. unknown issues and what not. to clear through all that brought into my space i did another exercise. literally. i ran for twenty minutes while doing pranayama. using my breath while running to blow everything out the top of my head. also opening everything up more. and while doing this i usually feel my heart expand and grow a bit.

so i used meditation to bring my obstructions into my space to about my limit. used physical exercise in conjunction of a breathing technique to then blow it all out.

Sounds excellent. In my practice I bring the attention to the body sensation, so I'm present with 'what is', and let it be 'as it is'. The limitations for me are the same, though. When the experience starts to get extreme, I can only take so much. It's been a long time since I did any serious meditation because it takes a few days of retreat for me to fully settle in and to reach potential I have to get away from social life and life stress so there is no distraction or other things to deal with. Having a couple of days to dedicate to spiritual life would be great.
Old 21-10-2018, 11:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Sounds excellent. In my practice I bring the attention to the body sensation, so I'm present with 'what is', and let it be 'as it is'. The limitations for me are the same, though. When the experience starts to get extreme, I can only take so much. It's been a long time since I did ant serious meditation because it takes a few days of retreat for me to fully settle in, and to reach potential I have to get away from social life and life stress so there is no distraction or other things to deal with. Having a couple of days to dedicate to spiritual life would be great.

my compay told me since they couldn't get me a load back tell monday to just drive home. 1550 miles home empty. lol. i said no. that couldn't be profitable. i will wait tell monday. a couple days to myself is just fine. loss of pay for the two days isn't good right now. cause i got my moms taxes on her home to pay. and California isnt exactly kind when it comes to taxes. things will be a bit tigher but will be ok.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 22-10-2018, 04:05 AM
Master
Quote:
my compay told me since they couldn't get me a load back tell monday to just drive home. 1550 miles home empty. lol. i said no. that couldn't be profitable. i will wait tell monday. a couple days to myself is just fine. loss of pay for the two days isn't good right now. cause i got my moms taxes on her home to pay. and California isnt exactly kind when it comes to taxes. things will be a bit tigher but will be ok.

It'll work out, and even if it doesn't, what can ya do?. You're pretty positive because you take the delay as an opportunity, and you know, you just do what you can with what you got, and that's what you seem to do - and then you share your real-lived spiritual experience in the proper way, so that's better for all of us.
Old 22-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It'll work out, and even if it doesn't, what can ya do?. You're pretty positive because you take the delay as an opportunity, and you know, you just do what you can with what you got, and that's what you seem to do - and then you share your real-lived spiritual experience in the proper way, so that's better for all of us.

thanks for the kind words Gem

Wherever I May Roam