Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 22-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Ascender

Tarot Gemstone Correspondents

While I've studied gemstone healing meanings, I realized that I have more difficulty working from meanings and to the stones. Like, I feel a spiky fiery energy from red coral, but when designing a grid of different stones to emanate fiery energy I have to really strain to work backwards. Since I didn't have this problem with the tarot-- on my personal diary, I can easy write, "It's been a five of wands kind of day" instead of struggling and sifting through the deck to wonder which card matches up. I thought to use the tarot major arcana to organize gemstones in my mind.

So far, I figure that Clear Quartz corresponds to The Fool. I've read of others using Pyrite (Fool's gold, get it?) and I'll include that for more the "trickster" aspect of the Fool rather than the "innocence" aspect.

The Magician can correspond to Tiger's Eye.

The High Priestess corresponds to Amethyst.

...That's about as far as I've gotten. Anything you'd like to throw in is appreciated!
Old 22-01-2013, 03:24 AM
Iseke

Wow! That is so cool! I really connect with both gemstones and tarot, so this is a great idea!

Here are my thoughts:

Empress: Moss Agate
Emperor: Sodalite
Hierophant: Bismuth
Lovers: Kunzite
Chariot: Orange Aventurine
Strength: Carnelian
Hermit: Howlite or Iolite
Wheel of Fortune: Labradorite
Justice: Scheelite
Hanged Man: Shiva Lingam
Death: Jet
Temperance: Snowflake Obsidian
Devil: Hematite
Tower: Moldavite
Star: Chrysoprase
Moon: Moonstone
Sun: Sunstone
Judgment: Fuchsite
World: Phenacite

Actually, I have the opposite problem: I'm pretty comfortable with crystals but am still working on getting familiar with all the cards, so coming up with these was helpful to me too. :) I really like the idea of meditating with a crystal that corresponds to a certain card whose energy you are trying to embody or work with!
Old 22-01-2013, 04:03 AM
Guide

I actually have crystal tarot Cards if You would like To Know which card coresponds With which crystal let Me know :)
Old 22-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iseke
Actually, I have the opposite problem: I'm pretty comfortable with crystals but am still working on getting familiar with all the cards, so coming up with these was helpful to me too. :)

I'm glad to hear that. The thing is, with tarot, I can look at the big picture first: how the suits relate, the number value, and then maybe let the photo speak for itself to my intuition. The tarot is systemic and self-contained, and mostly abstract/theoretical.

With rocks, though... trying to mentally organize them by crystal habit or elemental composition or Moh's hardness scale or specific gravity or color streak... is a little intimidating to me. Maybe it comes with more experience? I haven't had the privilege of working with two thirds of your listed correspondents thanks for providing a springboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelove23
I actually have crystal tarot Cards if You would like To Know which card coresponds With which crystal let Me know :)

Ooh, yes, that is indeed very interesting to get as many associations and points of view on this as possible.

Thank you both muchly.
Old 22-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Likes2Read

I combine stones and Tarot in a different way. I work with stones that will boost my ability to perform the reading, by heightening my awareness and perception (the clear quartz sphere I wear springs to mind), and ability to communicate clearly and openly (the piece of Moldavite I store with my working deck).

I haven't really worked through the idea of picking 78 separate stones, one for each Tarot card. That's a daunting task.
Old 23-01-2013, 01:31 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2Read
I combine stones and Tarot in a different way. I work with stones that will boost my ability to perform the reading, by heightening my awareness and perception (the clear quartz sphere I wear springs to mind), and ability to communicate clearly and openly (the piece of Moldavite I store with my working deck).

Yeah, that's more on the energyworking side than the categorization side. Although, I have been attempting to design a grid that would be like a portal to the Akashic records for the tarot cards to be charged with. I should include moldavite in that grid!

Quote:
I haven't really worked through the idea of picking 78 separate stones, one for each Tarot card. That's a daunting task.
Whoa! Yes, daunting. I want to stick to 22... not only because it's a less intimidating number, but so that it doesn't come off as if the minor arcana stones are limited to a specific function or less powerful somehow than the major arcana stones.
Old 23-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Experiencer
Although I agree to a point of incorporating the crystals with/while using or preforming tarot readings.. I can't imagine wanting to use every possible stones for ever card.

I tend to stay within my means using only those stones which are more/most common. Once one ventures out into unknown stones or crystals.. one can/could become confused to if you are really using what one has told you.

Here is what I mean.. and this is where I have gotten into allot of trouble (in the past) I've attempted to bridge the gap between science and the metaphysical world of stones and one can live without the other.

Yet when I've confronted the scientific side, they tend to have scoffed at my statements and beliefs of what a stone or crystal can offer us as for its properties. Yet The metaphysical side tends to use any and all stones available to them in the hopes the stone can offer unchained or unseen benefits.

The object of this whole experience is to use on that which one can relate to, use more than this and one may end up making more trouble then its worth. Stay within your means and the limits of the basics.