Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 31-01-2017, 07:42 AM
iorek65

Lightbulb Some Thoughts on Qi Gong and Meditation

A thread to share some thoughts and reflections about Qi Gong and Meditation

Meditation and calmness can be all the time. Meditation can be during great physical motion and doing many things. Why look at meditation as something that is only sedentary?

Qi Gong can be about motion and stirring energy in motion -- it can be about movement and aliveness. It can have no stances.

Healing and results can require dedicated experimentation and repetition without shortcuts/magic/exaggerated or fantastical expectations. The body as an energy map containing the energy of emotion, physical, mental, spiritual and sexual energies can be examined in a logical approach that uses experience and observation.

Any practice or practitioner using an approach that has not produced a movement and acceleration of calmness, clarity and self healing in him or herself cannot produce such healing lasting efficacy in others.

A "healer" cannot heal you alone-- he or she can only help you heal what you are willing to look at and embrace in yourself honestly. The greater the denial and mental filtration of inner perception, the less helpful any external methodologies of emotional/spiritual healing will be.

Nevertheless, the miraculous presence of the unseen energy is very real in its variety of expression and application.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iorek65
Any practice or practitioner using an approach that has not produced a movement and acceleration of calmness, clarity and self healing in him or herself cannot produce such healing lasting efficacy in others.

The greater the denial and mental filtration of inner perception, the less helpful any external methodologies of emotional/spiritual healing will be.
Not a cheat or shortcut to enlightenment, but nonetheless a higher awareness understanding regarding intent, and the manner in which we express that intent:

A practitioner who has produced a movement and acceleration of calmness, clarity and self healing in him or herself, is able to produce such healing lasting efficacy in others.

The greater the acceptance and mental filtration of inner perception, the more helpful any external methodologies of emotional/spiritual healing will be.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iorek65
Healing and results can require dedicated experimentation and repetition without shortcuts/magic/exaggerated or fantastical expectations.
I've been doing Qi Gong off and on for five years. I always feel more alive when I'm done.

My experience is different than what you've described. I feel invigorated every time I do Qi Gong. Even if I miss a week. And for me there is in fact a fantastical, magical aspect to it. I can feel energy. And I can feel energy outside and inside, moving and uplifting energy. That's fantastic stuff. Magical really.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I've been doing Qi Gong off and on for five years. I always feel more alive when I'm done.

My experience is different than what you've described. I feel invigorated every time I do Qi Gong. Even if I miss a week. And for me there is in fact a fantastical, magical aspect to it. I can feel energy. And I can feel energy outside and inside, moving and uplifting energy. That's fantastic stuff. Magical really.

Of course you feel more alive because you are collecting ' Chi' from heaven and earth and storing it in your Dantiens, it is magical.
What form do you practise ?
Old 03-02-2017, 05:43 AM
iorek65

Definitions of Words

I don't think your/my experience is different than what I described.

I think the difference is what you are articulating in your interpretation and expression of the words fantastical and magical.

If I redefine my meaning to match yours (which in this context is the magic and fantastical experience of feeling the energy move) than we have the same experience.

However, the definition of those two words I was communicating was contexts where people interpret it as a "super art" -- creating levitation, super strength, etc. -- Hence my choice to articulate an important point (which you yourself have highlighted in this response): 1. Miraculous things can happen, but not delusional ones.
2. Qi Gong takes repetition and persistence to work. It doesn't do anything if you try it for 60 seconds and then toss it out the window.

You and I could be having identical or completely different experiences based on the interpretations of the words I used. From my observation, it is a pretty similar one (because the feelings are indeed, miraculous and magical).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile

Old 10-05-2017, 04:36 AM
Knower
I practice chi gong twice daily, morning and evening. During practice I get into a chi gong state of mind where I feel the chi flow and where the chi will actually move my body. It's not just about movement it's about the state of mind and breathing. I'm following the Shaolin school of medical chi gong for health and vitality.