Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 25-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Ascender
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
It's used to treat depression and trauma. It's what I'm receiving right now.
Can't say I've ever heard of the Sedona method. It sounds interesting.
Old 26-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Ivy

As Lilith said, it is cognitive behaviour therapy.

Cognitive is how we have learned to understand ourselves and the world, and ways we have learned to live (behave) in it.

If the emotion occurs because of the learned view that the individual holds, then releasing the emotion as it occurs will help temporarily - but it will continue to re-occur. If one can let go of the thought/idea that gives rise to the emotion, then the emotion will naturally evaporate.

That's why I feel that if there is a relatively simple (although no less upsetting) event that the emotion has arisen from, then I can understand how this technique alone can be of use. But when the emotions arise though a more complex psychological make up, then I believe a more holistic approach is necessary.
Old 26-05-2014, 09:03 AM
LeoJeo

Has anyone heard of the University of Sedona? Its supposedly the biggest Metaphysical school in the USA.
Old 13-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoJeo
Has anyone heard of the University of Sedona? Its supposedly the biggest Metaphysical school in the USA.

A friend of mine got his degree there.