Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Pathfinder

How did you start your astral projection journey?

Hey guys. I'm always fascinated to hear how people got involved with astral projection. If you have an interesting story in that regards I'd love to hear about it.

For me this all started around 5 or 6 years ago. My first experience was a combination of sleep paralysis and a out of body experience. Before that I had never heard of either one, so for me it was basically a earth shattering morning.

It was around 5am one bright sunny summer morning. I naturally wake up at that hour nearly everyday. The difference between this and any other morning was, as soon as I woke up I had a very strange feeling something was in the room with me. I looked down at the end of my bed to see a black swirling tornado type cloud at the end of my bed. It was moving towards my side of the bed. Before it could turn the corner to get close to me, I took the covers and pulled them over my head. For some reason the paralysis didn't hit me until I was completely under the covers.

My mind was racing, and for the first time in my life I understood what true terror was. In fact I didn't know I was actually paralyzed at all. I thought I was frozen in fear. I had only been under the covers maybe 30 seconds when I could feel sweat just pouring off my face and head.

Suddenly I had the feeling that what ever that thing was, had left. But I decided not to move a muscle for another few seconds. Till the sudden realization came to me that it might have left to attack my 5 year old son (he's 11 now). Well old papa bear rose to the top of my consciousness and I leaped out of bed as fast as I could and ran to my bedroom door.

My sons bedroom door directly faces my door. I froze in my doorway as I watched this black swirling cloud pass through my sons closed door. I went to go in behind it to try and protect my son when I realized I was completely frozen in fear. Not my proudest parental moment.

Now Im in a complete panic trying to muster the courage to face this thing. By instinct, and really my only hope, I then put my hands together and prayed out loud "Dear God". Those were the only words that came out of my mouth, before I saw a huge spark jump right off the floor maybe two feet from where I was standing. That spark turned into a flame. Keeping a perfect circle it began to grow quickly. As it did I found myself lifting right off the floor. Through the ceiling. I keep going up till I nearly reached the clouds. From that POV, I watched that fire spread through my house, then through my property. It kept on going till it was so far away I could no longer see it. All of this feeling as real as you reading this right now.

Next thing I knew I was standing back in my door way. This amazing peace seemed to fill the whole house. I had never experienced such extreme polar opposite emotions within the same time frame. Terrified beyond what I ever knew was possible, to complete tranquility.

Now this whole time I had no idea I was out of body. I thought I was going completely bat **** crazy. In fact right after I went back to bed, so I never had that waking up from a vivid dream feeling.

It took a long time for me to talk with anyone about it. When I finally did, I had chosen to post the story on another web site I know of. Lucky for me there were people there who not only knew what happened, but could deeply relate. I learned all I could about AP at that point.

It took almost a year from there to have my first intentional astral projection. Its been a up and down ride, but I never looked back.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:10 AM
Experiencer

I was able to astral travel from birth, so I don't really remember my 'first time'. But I did what you'd expect most kids to do; and I'm talking 2 - 12 year olds... fly around school, visit friends, and spend time with my spirit friends. After my teenage years, I stopped astral traveling naturally, and never really got the hang of doing it intentionally.

I'm starting to develop this skill with some success.. but it's been difficult. Now I miss how easily / spontaneously it happened.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:17 PM
Seeker

I was about 21 years old, and the catalyst to this astral projection was "anger." I was dating a girl who was in college, but home for spring break; we were on the phone and she was telling me she was about to go out with her friends, and she'd call me when she got home. Doesn't sound too bad right? Well, it was 11:30 PM and I also heard the voices of multiple males in the background as well; I played it off like I wasn't bothered and told her to have fun. Already in bed, I'd begun to "go-to-sleep" with the thought of her cheating on my mind--and right when I was on the event horizon of sleep and wakefulness; I shot up with the intention of calling her to confront her about it, only to turn around and see my body sleeping in bed.

The strange part about it was the fact that I was 4 feet shorter, and felt as if I'd weighed 500 pounds. It was extremely difficult to move, and I couldn't fly or do anything I normally could do within a lucid dream; I could even hear my grandmother snoring downstairs, I tried to go see her but I just couldn't move very far. I tried jumping but it seemed as if I couldn't even leave the ground--after about what felt like 30 seconds I'd fallen weak and drifted off into a lucid dream.