Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-01-2016, 05:06 AM
Newbie ;)

wow, what a great story - thanks for sharing
Old 14-01-2016, 05:24 AM
Master

Colorado, don't ever be ashamed of your gifts. It's too bad that your family think it's evil.......it isn't evil, of course and many people have precognitive dreams and receive signs/messages from people who are passing. I can understand why it might have scared you with the bell being so loud and all, though.

During the second World War (I don't know about the first World War, but probably during that time too) it was documented that many, many people at home saw, or received some sign from their brother/husband/lover at the time their plane went down or their ship sank or when they died in the trenches.

I've had experiences like this all through my life. There really isn't anything to be scared about - these people are reaching out to you because they love you and to let you know what's happening - that they're passing over.
Old 14-01-2016, 05:44 AM
Guide

Thanks Jenny...we will have to talk some more. I literally have nobody to talk to about these things. There is two other people on my mom's side who claim that these things happen to them...but I am not close to her family. Nobody on my dad's side of the family has these experiences, they are very religious...or atleast think they are.
Old 14-01-2016, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
No....I don't ever try to communicate back. I have always been particularly frightened when paranormal things happen to me. I also have precognitive dreams, and from what I gather...clairvoyant experiences from time to time. I wlil see pictures above people's heads or around their faces, although this doesn't happen a whole lot now, it happened a lot more as a small kid. I use to sit quietly and watch pictures form around the adults in the room. It almost looks cloudy, like a colorful cloud forming a solid picture. The best way I can describe it is, you remember those old 80s cartoons where a character would have a thought and it would form above his head, so you could see what he was thinking & up to? In a funny, similar way, that is how it has always happened for me, except it is real pictures. The last time it happened was 2 years ago.

I have asked God to take this away, after a few upsetting experiences. I don't know if he has...but I know I have shut down a lot more. I try to keep myself grounded & only look to scientific things that can be explained & so I took up agnostic religion. Ive always been in denial about it. Im one of those people who could write a book & at the same time...Im ashamed & embarrassed, so Ive always denied it, like it never happened. There is a very good scientific reason for it...I guess in a weird way, this validated that I was normal, and not weird. The very few times I tried to get help or share this with my family, I was told it was in my head or made fun of...they also believe its evil, they only believe in the bible. I have learned to keep it to myself. You don't want to be in my shoes...they really will outcast you from where I come from...and label you crazy. I am just now ready to face some of these things that have happened, that's one reason why I have recently joined this board. My mom, who I have never been close to, wants me to write a book on my experiences....the thought overwhelms me, I would have no support.

It does look like you have some abilities yourself. What brought you here...and do you have more experiences, too?

I am sorry you had upsetting experiences and I am sorry you were taught to fear them in the first place. Our parents can mean well but still affect us in good and not so good ways. I wasn't taught that it was evil just that it was my imagination and not real. When I was little I saw spirits flying overhead. Hundreds and hundreds of souls just passing by going this way and that like a freeway. Though some would fly through me or right at me and that scared me because it was dark and they seemed scary to a young child so when I cried out to my parents they would just tell me it was nothing and my imagination. Maybe it was or maybe I was seeing spirit. It stopped at some point and I actually forgot all about it until something someone said triggered the memory and it all came flooding back. And it was like I made this connection that the spirit world is right next to us when I previously was under the impression it was off up in the sky somewhere far away but being right next to us makes sense how our loved ones are all around.

Besides that, other than a couple of precognitive dreams about my neighbors, and the sense of knowing when someone has passed I haven't had too many paranormal experiences but I believe in the afterlife. I suspect there has to be one because otherwise there really doesn't seem to be any other point for us to exist and existence in general plays a big part in my life lesson this time around but that is for another story. Your gifts sounds quite fascinating to me. Not sure I have come across anyone who saw things that way. Pretty cool to me. My gifts are still more in the feeling realm but I am opening up my communications with my guides and higher through oracle cards, dreams and song lyrics. That is usually how I get messages to the questions I ask of them. Why I know it isn't necessarily me is I will get words or phrases of things I would otherwise have no clue what it meant and only see the connection once i look it up online. I think they do that so I don't just brush it off as mind chatter and take it more seriously. I would love it to be more visual like yourself at some point.

I am actually not sure how I found myself at this forum. I was going to others first and think I was led here by something someone said and I stuck around. I have always been very spiritual. Not religious just believing in a higher power. I don't think there is anything necessarily wrong with religion, maybe some of the people preaching about it are a bit misguided in their judgments but for me it was too confining and sometimes contradictory so I just went searching on my own at a pretty young age and never stopped. It's a part of what makes me tick and for what it is worth there aren't too many people in my immediate world who know much about this side of me because they aren't into it so you find yourself at a forum online talking with people who get you. You won't be considered crazy here.
Old 15-01-2016, 03:19 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
I am sorry you had upsetting experiences and I am sorry you were taught to fear them in the first place. Our parents can mean well but still affect us in good and not so good ways. I wasn't taught that it was evil just that it was my imagination and not real. When I was little I saw spirits flying overhead. Hundreds and hundreds of souls just passing by going this way and that like a freeway. Though some would fly through me or right at me and that scared me because it was dark and they seemed scary to a young child so when I cried out to my parents they would just tell me it was nothing and my imagination. Maybe it was or maybe I was seeing spirit. It stopped at some point and I actually forgot all about it until something someone said triggered the memory and it all came flooding back. And it was like I made this connection that the spirit world is right next to us when I previously was under the impression it was off up in the sky somewhere far away but being right next to us makes sense how our loved ones are all around.

Besides that, other than a couple of precognitive dreams about my neighbors, and the sense of knowing when someone has passed I haven't had too many paranormal experiences but I believe in the afterlife. I suspect there has to be one because otherwise there really doesn't seem to be any other point for us to exist and existence in general plays a big part in my life lesson this time around but that is for another story. Your gifts sounds quite fascinating to me. Not sure I have come across anyone who saw things that way. Pretty cool to me. My gifts are still more in the feeling realm but I am opening up my communications with my guides and higher through oracle cards, dreams and song lyrics. That is usually how I get messages to the questions I ask of them. Why I know it isn't necessarily me is I will get words or phrases of things I would otherwise have no clue what it meant and only see the connection once i look it up online. I think they do that so I don't just brush it off as mind chatter and take it more seriously. I would love it to be more visual like yourself at some point.

I am actually not sure how I found myself at this forum. I was going to others first and think I was led here by something someone said and I stuck around. I have always been very spiritual. Not religious just believing in a higher power. I don't think there is anything necessarily wrong with religion, maybe some of the people preaching about it are a bit misguided in their judgments but for me it was too confining and sometimes contradictory so I just went searching on my own at a pretty young age and never stopped. It's a part of what makes me tick and for what it is worth there aren't too many people in my immediate world who know much about this side of me because they aren't into it so you find yourself at a forum online talking with people who get you. You won't be considered crazy here.
Thank you Michelle...those were some real honest and kind words. I think honestly, we stop tapping into those things at a very young age because we learn to not be open or sensitive to it. As we age, we forget that this ever happened. I mean, who really remembers anything before the age of 3-5 years? Even though we forget a lot of things, there is still a knowing on some level deep inside...that comes to the surface during certain moments where we still feel it, even though we have lost touch with it & can't remember logically exactly what it is. I do remember things, because I was sick & in the hospital for the first two years of my life...so I was ripped away from my mother & put into an isolated baby unit with tent & oxygen. Those memories will always stay with me, but those memories also made it possible for me to remember more because it was the same time frame that I had these other memories.

I do understand the messages in songs. Right after my husbands grandpa's funeral...we were crying together...and that song "Dont Worry, Be Happy" came on....my husband & I knew it was from him. My husband is not a believer in this stuff...the only thing he has for faith, is what he has saw me go through & tell him. He knows that I am not one to make up stories & plus, he was there the night my great grandpa died & witnessed the whole bell story.

I can tell you are very spiritual...and you have a lot of faith. You are very open to these things. I did that for awhile, but I shut down because of shame, not being believed & really thinking at times, that if I kept it up....I would end up o meds..cause they would make me go get on them, lol. They would start out somewhat fascinated & then quickly turn against me...but, they arent very happy people in general...so it was just a way for them to attack me at their worst, too. There was a complete resistance to anything I said after that, and they would band together & preach the bible...like there own little coalition against me. lol, yet at times they would come to me for help if they had anything out of ordinary that happened to them. It would eventually be dismissed, like it never happened. I think the part that hurts me most, is that I shared this information with a certain level of trust, from one family member to another...expecting at the very least, to be respected enough to not go around telling everyone. My gifts are now known by enemies to be exploited/hyped up(jealous old friends & old exes) I know this came from the same family members that I confided in...because I never told anyone else. Another reason for me to shut down, I am a very private person...and my family knows this. I don't even have an account on social media...but just knowing what a few family members have done...just pushes me further away. Then again, maybe this is where I am suppose to be, idk...

I also wanted to say, looking back...there was a lot of signs & messages that I missed because I didnt realize at the time, thats what it was. We get signs, very subtle signs....that we dont even pay attention to. In hindsight, I now see a lot of very important messages that were subtle..if I had paid attention...things would have turned out better for me. I chose not to listen or looked over it. Also, these things will drive you crazy if you are always looking for signs. We can ask for things, but we shouldn't always be looking for signs...but we should pay attention when we notice something & not rationalize it away. Its there for a reason.

I really enjoy listening to you & reading your posts....you have a gift with words & being able to really understand other people. It makes a person feel good just to read your posts, even when they are not directed at me personally & I am reading someone else's post you are responding to, that I couldn't have expressed or said better....that kind of wisdom, sincerity & expression really affects us all...directly & indirectly. I am thankful you are here...Thank you, Michelle for taking the time out of your day to listen & respond, unbiasedly & honestly.

Last edited by Colorado : 15-01-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 15-01-2016, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
I really enjoy listening to you & reading your posts....you have a gift with words & being able to really understand other people. It makes a person feel good just to read your posts, even when they are not directed at me personally & I am reading someone else's post you are responding to, that I couldn't have expressed or said better....that kind of wisdom, sincerity & expression really affects us all...directly & indirectly. I am thankful you are here...Thank you, Michelle for taking the time out of your day to listen & respond, unbiasedly & honestly.

Oh wow, that was a very nice thing to say. It means more to me than you know. I try to always first be kind but I’m not always that way towards myself so it is nice to be appreciated. Life can make you question things so thank you for saying that. Hugs.

I am impressed with your memory. I remember very little from when I was young and absolutely nothing from when I was a baby. You see babies who are isolated like that and hope they don’t have ill effects from the experience but it shows they are more aware then we give them credit. Well seems like you turned out well for not being given that mommy child bonding period in your first few years. They do say if a child isn’t held much in the early years it can have a major impact on their well being for life.

It definitely can be easy to miss the signs. I agree we shouldn’t run around looking for them because it’s like forcing life and then they won’t come. But the more we notice the more they do show up. I had the song the Yellow Submarine stuck in my head day in and day out for a good 5 years straight playing over and over again in my head while I was bartending in my 20s. I was so unnerved by it that I didn’t tell anyone because I really thought my brain had shorted out. I was running from my emotions at the time so trying to act like I was strong when I was a mess inside so mental health was something I dare not look at and a song playing over and over incessantly in your head seemed not normal. Interestingly enough the song stopped once I quit the bar. I kind of see now it was intended to help me look at the world with a bit more compassion because I was getting kind of bitter because the drunk people were giving me a hard time and I was losing my faith in humanity. So the song was trying to help me see we are all in the same boat trying to get along with life.

Anyways the songs stopped for a long time or I stopped noticing them until a health scare with my heart came up and then after that was done they kept on after I fell into depression. They really have been a godsend truly saving my life. And I have opened up to messages from a number of other areas, not just music so it is kind of cool but you do just have to put your questions out there and let them go and then the guidance will just show up and fall into your lap. It’s really magical the way it happens. I do think the more we notice though our soul sees we have caught on and will continue to send messages that way so I would not be surprised if music started to pop up more and more for you. But I do think when we miss things, even if we look back and wonder how or why because it was so blatantly clear, it really just means we may not have been ready to really see things at that time. There was a lot going on with my head during those bar years and I am not sure I was emotionally stable enough to handle looking at things yet so I think the experience was just to prepare me for when the lyrics would really matter. The important thing is you did notice and are open to it now. They are a huge help and will help light the way.

Oh my, sounds like your family is pretty religious and afraid of anything outside that mindset. I will admit that none of the male figures in my life have any clue about my fierce spiritual side. They know even less about some of the things I have experienced and I am ok with that. It just seemed to me easier to keep that part of me private as opposed to my beliefs being discounted. I did take a coaching class once and that sent my boyfriend into a bit of a tizzy at first because I kind of suspect he thought maybe I was going to try and force him to change but once he saw that I wasn’t he let me be. And they do then turn to your example. So I guess I am saying it’s ok to have separate interests from your family. We don’t have to be totally in agreement with everything in our life and have all the same interests for a relationship to work. If I don’t feel like I would get adequate support from someone for my way of life then I’m Ok with keeping it private. You are a very kind caring person yourself from all you have said. You can stand tall in your beliefs and gifts and if there are people in your life who are unable to allow you to be you then just let them be but know in your heart you have nothing to be ashamed about. Anyone who tries to do that is not coming from a loving place and therefore their motives are likely coming from a place of fear which has no bearing on who you are as a person. Even if you can’t share this part of you with everyone you know you found yourself at this forum for a reason and likely it means you are ready to open back up to your spiritual gifts. Sounds like you have many. Hugs.