Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 05-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Mellow

Egyptian Paganism

Hi I'm new to the forums and have a question

I was brought up Christian but never felt close to the religion. I have nothing against it, or any religion for that matter, I just never felt it answered any questions for me.

I've always been a big reader on ancient Egypt and firmly believe in the God's and Goddesses they once worshipped. I began praying to Isis and I feel my life has changed for the better. This religion just makes sense to me. I can't explain it.

Sorry for my babbling but I was wondering if anyone had any good book titles for me to read so I can further my studies of this wonderful religion. As well as ways I can pray and worship the God's and Goddesses.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:28 AM
Animus27

Welcome to the forum!

There's a few modern organizations that focus on the promotion of the Kemetic religion (Kemet being the ancient Egyptian word for their country, meaning 'Black Land' in reference to the black soil of the Nile Valley).

Here's House of Netjer forums, http://www.netjer.org/home/
which are the forums of the Kemetic Orthodox Faith ( http://kemet.org/ ). Keep in mind that K.O is just one form of modern Kemetic religion. But you should be able to learn a bit about A.E religion.

There's also the Cauldron's Kemetic Reconstructionist primer: http://www.ecauldron.net/reconegypt.php It has book suggestions and short essays.

There's also the Cauldron's subforum focused on Kemetic religion: http://www.ecauldron.net/forum/index.php?board=62.0 which has resource lists.

And in since you have an interest in Isis, you might find this website interesting: http://www.per-aset.org/ It's a K.O site dedicated to Aset, who is the purer Egyptian form of Isis.

Finally here's a Wiki created for, and ran by HoN with information about the various deities: http://www.wepwawet.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

I hope that gives you some starting points!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:06 AM
Mellow

Smile

Thank you so much! This is excellent! I can't wait to get started :)
Old 07-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Animus27

Glad to be of help!
Old 28-06-2011, 04:26 AM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow
Hi I'm new to the forums and have a question

I was brought up Christian but never felt close to the religion. I have nothing against it, or any religion for that matter, I just never felt it answered any questions for me.

I've always been a big reader on ancient Egypt and firmly believe in the God's and Goddesses they once worshipped. I began praying to Isis and I feel my life has changed for the better. This religion just makes sense to me. I can't explain it.

Sorry for my babbling but I was wondering if anyone had any good book titles for me to read so I can further my studies of this wonderful religion. As well as ways I can pray and worship the God's and Goddesses.

Hello and welcome my dear Egyptian sister! :)

The Gods of Egypt are truly wonderful aren't they?! I am both Egyptian and Greek, myself - but to me Egypt is where the heart is. And Isis is such a powerful Goddess too, I adore her, and ask her for advice too! I also look up to Thoth during my studies, and Anubis for protection.

If you like, create an alter just for the them! Get statues of them even and incense, make it you little spot to commune with them. :)

All the best!
Old 28-06-2011, 04:30 AM
mattie

Ancient Religions

You’re not babbling.

While this isn’t specifically about Egypt’s religions it covers allot of ancient territory about spirituality. It discussed the ancient religions. Interesting read.

‘The Jesus Mysteries,’ Freke & Gandy- Available free online.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/23310573/T...us-a-Pagan-God
Old 28-06-2011, 04:51 AM
Master
I myself feel that Judaism came from the Egyptians, IS-RA-El.
Old 28-06-2011, 05:40 AM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I myself feel that Judaism came from the Egyptians, IS-RA-El.

Not too sure with the Israel part, but you never know. As the Egyptians were not fond of the one God ideology - Ankhenaten caused quite a stir when he started his one God stuff - perhaps it started from there, but it could have also started by the religions that were around in the Middle East - or maybe it was just always around. As the Jews were known as Hebrews back then with Moses etc. Just never know :)
Old 28-06-2011, 05:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
Not too sure with the Israel part, but you never know. As the Egyptians were not fond of the one God ideology - Ankhenaten caused quite a stir when he started his one God stuff - perhaps it started from there, but it could have also started by the religions that were around in the Middle East - or maybe it was just always around. As the Jews were known as Hebrews back then with Moses etc. Just never know :)
I believe so though, the IS, Isis, the RA, Ra, the EL, El, three gods in one, there are many similarities if you want to check it out like I have.
Old 28-06-2011, 06:12 AM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I believe so though, the IS, Isis, the RA, Ra, the EL, El, three gods in one, there are many similarities if you want to check it out like I have.

Oh, interesting. :) Defiantly not surprised with Isis, her followers became widespread, and flowed out of Egypt.