Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 29-10-2017, 02:13 PM
Master
Spanda is the primordial tremor or vibration of the universe etc etc....
Hridaya-yoga.com
Old 29-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Master
Movement motion or vibration etc etc.
Yogapedia.com
Old 29-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Master
Vibration of divine consciouness etc etc
shivayoga.com

Hundreds more if you care to check. I am not playing your games, back and forth, you say it isn't vibration hundreds or more say it is....

No problem...
Old 29-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Vibration of divine consciouness etc etc
shivayoga.com

Hundreds more if you care to check. I am not playing your games, back and forth, you say it isn't vibration hundreds or more say it is....

No problem...

Thank you sky,

I guess it is to much to ask you to post from the text Spanda Karikas in a thread titled Spanda Karikas.

Again you are missing the depth of the meaning of spand.

Quote:
"Spandana means a somewhat of movement. The characteristic of 'somewhat' consists in the fact that even the immovable appears 'as if moving,' because though the light of consciousness does not change in the least, yet it appears to be changing as it were. The immovable appears as if having a variety of manifestation."

Since you can't be bothered to open the book and comment on it within a thread made for that purpose. Well I guess you spamming the thread is to be expected.

Maybe someone else has some comments?
Old 30-10-2017, 05:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
Ok thanks for your thoughts about it.

I regret somewhat that i brought this up here in a forum thread.

I sometimes make the mistake of sharing my spiritual practices due to feeling inspired. That is not so good. Like revealing your mantra is not supposed to be done.. It disturbs the sadhana.i

She is not my Guru, but I have taken various courses of her online and read and heard of her for some 30 years. Loved and apprecieated for her wisdom and capacity for convey meditative energies to many students.
While steeped in the tantric tradition always updated on scientific issues and modern thought.

I have taken courses with Mark Dycscowski, christopher Wallis and others.
Sometimes the I haven't completed the material due to lack of felt inspiration. Although the knowledge of course were there in these good teachers.

But for me the Shakti hits right through with Sally Kempton's teachings.

Concepts have I read about become clear, and hit the core in me strongly, and the Shakti and bliss is there, in a palpable way in the teachings. This is shared by many others as well.

I will not go into discussion about details about some writings. But I think her writings are relevant and good, as written also by others.

* Just a note on an aspect of your post that may been misunderstood.

Lakshmi's abundance energy written here is not about excess energy, but as an aspect of lakshmi's energy, which IS abundance, as she is a symbol of the abundance energy/shakti of the divine. Not abundance meant as excess....

Namaste

Sharing spiritual practises which have inspired you has to be a good thing, if our great Masters hadn't shared theirs, where would we be...
Old 30-10-2017, 10:55 PM
Knower
Yes

I'm so grateful to even have the opportunity to be on the path.

Thanks for giving me more opportunies for contemplating this...

I am grateful to be able to have the opportunity to come into contact whith such powerful teachings as the Spanda Karikas. Especially now to have the opportunity to be guided by such teachers as Sally Kempton making it accesible to me.
It's exciting.

From Kshemaraja's commentary...

"The same Supreme I-Consciousness of the Lord manifesting within itself
this universe of diverse objects as if moving is here referred to as Spanda
"

Spanda is the supreme Consciousness which we are apart of. creatively manifesting within itself for play the objects of perception. We as individuals are by Shiva's sport made to believe to be limited to a body/mind.

Coming into contact with the text of Spanda karikas and studying it, is a way of the Shakti to wake us up to our real nature, which is unlimited Consciousness/Bliss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma49Yz3Lzls

Lyrics:
Quote:
Samaya refers to a set of teachings to help you towards self realization and preserving your life force energies. Tantra is an ancient body of beliefs and practices which, working from the principle that the universe we experience is nothing other than the concrete manifestation of the divine energy of the godhead that creates and maintains that universe,

Quote:
In the womb of Samay
Mother of us all
Many they will rise up
Many they will fall

Which way do you run to
Are you coming out or in
When one cycle goes around
Another one begins

Raint into the thunder
Thunder into rain
Pain into the pleasure
Pleausre into pain
Watch the lions pass
Hold on to the Name
Because in the daytime I can see many nights
And in the night time I can see many days

In the womb of Samay
Mother of us all
Many they will rise up
Many they will fall

Which way do you run to
Are you coming out or in
Another one begins

Earth water fire
The air and the space
All of creation is only Her face
Who can you turn to
Where can you run
The balance is equal in moon and in sun

In the womb of Samay
Mother of us all
Many they will rise up
Many they will fall

Which way do you run to
Are you coming out or in
Another one begins

Shiva Kali
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE-SNdSFpnc

Old 31-10-2017, 05:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
Yes

I'm so grateful to even have the opportunity to be on the path.

Thanks for giving me more opportunies for contemplating this...

I am grateful to be able to have the opportunity to come into contact whith such powerful teachings as the Spanda Karikas. Especially now to have the opportunity to be guided by such teachers as Sally Kempton making it accesible to me.
It's exciting.

From Kshemaraja's commentary...

"The same Supreme I-Consciousness of the Lord manifesting within itself
this universe of diverse objects as if moving is here referred to as Spanda
"

Spanda is the supreme Consciousness which we are apart of. creatively manifesting within itself for play the objects of perception. We as individuals are by Shiva's sport made to believe to be limited to a body/mind.

Coming into contact with the text of Spanda karikas and studying it, is a way of the Shakti to wake us up to our real nature, which is unlimited Consciousness/Bliss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma49Yz3Lzls

Lyrics:

Shiva Kali
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE-SNdSFpnc

The lyrics in the song are lovely, thanks for sharing

Enjoy your next Sally Kempton Course, she has touched something inside of you which has to be a good thing, there's always someone out there who's words stir us, It's fate that bring us in touch with them, (when the time is right )....
Old 31-10-2017, 05:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The lyrics in the song are lovely, thanks for sharing

Enjoy your next Sally Kempton Course, she has touched something inside of you which has to be a good thing, there's always someone out there who's words stir us, It's fate that bring us in touch with them, (when the time is right )....

Have you listened to ' Turning the bitter into the sweet ' you might enjoy the dialoque.
Old 31-10-2017, 09:30 AM
Master
From what I've read of Sally Kempton's I agree wholeheartedly, I hope you get a whole lot out of it Bindu. Her approach deeply resonates with me and my own practice. Maybe you'd like to start a thread about how it goes, that would be great
Old 01-11-2017, 06:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Anything stand out to you?
Namaste.

I kinda cheated it, in a way.

Not being able to concentrate on written text due to vertigo, brain numbness and pain (why I have been absent from SF for so long), I found something on Youtube I could listen to that took little to no mental concentration on my part:

An Introduction to the Spanda Karikas, parts 1&2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK4pxex9o80
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzST7GICAxA

I uploaded both lectures into MP3 format using my ATube Catcher .flv conversion program, burnt them on two CD-R roms and have played them both every second night for about 2 weeks now.

What I found out...what stood out was the way that it explains the presence of 'Dark Matter' and the Big Bang creation of the universe quite nicely.

I'll go into it in more depth when it takes a lot more for my brain to hurt than it's doing at the moment.

Om Namah Shivay