Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-05-2020, 02:18 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I see what you mean. But actually, man isn't destroying the Earth. Man is only destroying itself, because the Earth will do just fine whitout humanity. Sure, at worst we are capable of making this planet uninhabitable for human life, but keep in mind that the Earth already has been uninhabitable for over a billion years. So whether we kill each other in a nuclear war or not does not matter to the Earth, or to the universe as a whole.
I apologise.. you are right. Because the planet and nature takes care of itself. You only have to look at the beauty of nature, year after year, without any intervention to see how it survives. I am always astounded at its beauty...it's way of survival. Like animals in nature .They too somehow survive. And both do all of this without the intervention of man... In the meantime...man destroys man as much as is humanly possible, and give him time, he will destroy the planet too, and everything in it.
Old 12-05-2020, 02:39 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Well I definitely learned quite a long of things, most of which are rather unpopular facts. But the thing is, I'm pretty much 200% done with it now, yet for some mysterious reason this world ain't done with me yet. Apparently… Otherwise I already would've died from corona if not a simple heart attack, and the latter would be most welcome at this point.

Yes, I know what you are about to say; I'm still a 'pup' compared to you, but it feels like I've been here for much too long. And funny (and ironically) enough, it tempts me to be superstitious regarding past lives/reincarnation even though I have zero evidence for it. Let me ask you something: have you ever attended a party until late at night, and you kinda feel like you've had enough of it and just want to leave? Well, that's exactly what I feel regarding this world. Some people feel like leaving the party earlier, while some are night owls.
What one sees in life is not only dependent on how long they have been looking, but on whether they have their eyes open and fixed ahead, or can only look away in disgust. It can depend on whether one already has something in their eye. A pair of dark sun glasses can make even the bright of day seem dim, and at dusk can make seeing clearly nearly impossible. Of course, we really don't see a world out there at all, only the one our minds create within us. This is true whether one believes only in the physical brain of biological science, or in some deeper form of consciousness that is creating it all.
And yes, most of my life I have wondered why I even came to this party and whether I should stay. Even after all the hard knocks and fascinating lessons life has taught me, there is still a little boy who likes to tug at my pant leg and say "This movie sucks, I am bored, when can we go?" To which I keep responding, "Just a bit longer, I want to see this next part?" We have been playing this tug of war for quite a while now but we seem to muddle through. The plot of the story seems to be a rather complicated one, slow to develop, hard if not impossible to follow, but it does seem to eventually be emerging and to be leading somewhere, though I couldn't begin to guess how it ends. It really is a harrowing and often sad, though also beautiful story. The soundtrack is quite amazing to listen to as well, except of course when my little boy interrupts and talks over it.

Old 12-05-2020, 02:51 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
What one sees in life is not only dependent on how long they have been looking, but on whether they have their eyes open and fixed ahead, or can only look away in disgust. It can depend on whether one already has something in their eye. A pair of dark sun glasses can make even the bright of day seem dim, and at dusk can make seeing clearly nearly impossible. Of course, we really don't see a world out there at all, only the one our minds create within us. This is true whether one believes only in the physical brain of biological science, or in some deeper form of consciousness that is creating it all.
And yes, most of my life I have wondered why I even came to this party and whether I should stay. Even after all the hard knocks and fascinating lessons life has taught me, there is still a little boy who likes to tug at my pant leg and say "This movie sucks, I am bored, when can we go?" To which I keep responding, "Just a bit longer, I want to see this next part?" We have been playing this tug of war for quite a while now but we seem to muddle through. The plot of the story seems to be a rather complicated one, slow to develop, hard if not impossible to follow, but it does seem to eventually be emerging and to be leading somewhere, though I couldn't begin to guess how it ends. It really is a harrowing and often sad, though also beautiful story. The soundtrack is quite amazing to listen to as well, except of course when my little boy interrupts and talks over it.

Beautiful explanation....I need to hear the soundtrack.
Old 12-05-2020, 03:05 PM
ketzer

QUOTE=Elfin "I need to hear the soundtrack."

Yes, I expect that is one of the reason we learn how to compose.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:31 PM
Elfin

Quote:
QUOTE=Elfin "I need to hear the soundtrack."

Yes, I expect that is one of the reason we learn how to compose.
The composure , the soundtrack, the music, the way.
Old 13-05-2020, 10:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
We know that Earth is considered a hard school.

But I wonder about other worlds which are even darker and filled with more evil.

I would like to visit them when I shed my physical body.

I wonder if there will be a prison planet, or maybe a matrix planet?

Fascinating.

What do you mean by 'darker'? Or 'evil'? A darker world doesn't have to be more 'evil'. Most humans sleep at night, which makes us biased to view bright light as 'benevolent', but the worst 'evil' are IMO those that pretend to be of the light. A simply darker world should be less of a worry.
Old 13-05-2020, 11:19 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Fair point about wanting to see the next part. Unless it's all very predictable... I already know how this movie will end and I'd prefer it to stop right now in the middle rather than being forced to watch till the end. And knowing myself better than anyone else, I'm pretty much 100% positive that I haven't voluntarily participated to watch this nonsense movie. Speaking about movies, I'd definitely like to meet this moron who directs it and decides who gets which role. Hypothetically spoken of course, because I'm a total nihilist and don't believe in a meaning behind anything.
Old 13-05-2020, 11:45 AM
Deactivated Account

Why do you want to visit them? They're not worth visiting unless you want to help the inhabitants (and are in a place to do so spiritually).
Old 13-05-2020, 12:26 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Fair point about wanting to see the next part. Unless it's all very predictable... I already know how this movie will end and I'd prefer it to stop right now in the middle rather than being forced to watch till the end. And knowing myself better than anyone else, I'm pretty much 100% positive that I haven't voluntarily participated to watch this nonsense movie. Speaking about movies, I'd definitely like to meet this moron who directs it and decides who gets which role. Hypothetically spoken of course, because I'm a total nihilist and don't believe in a meaning behind anything.

Though I am not a strict LOA guy, I do believe how you think it will go has a lot to do with how it actually will go, on many levels, that includes the physical.

"I'm pretty much 100% positive."
If that were true, I suspect things would be going different. Although it is not always easy to know what the director really wants.

"I'd definitely like to meet this moron who directs it and decides who gets which role." You have, he is also called the observer. He is also the protagonist, and the setting, and the stage, he even writes the script, by himself if it is a one man show, or in conjunction with the others if it is a collaboration.

"I'm a total nihilist "
No, in MBG, you are perhaps just the opposite, otherwise you would not find such disgust with the world you see. A true nihilist would not care at all. From what I can see, you care and are angry that the world is not and does not behave in accordance with your moral code. Then again, IDK, perhaps I am just projecting a part of myself onto you.

Although there is the other definition of a nihilist that perhaps you do fit a bit better.

nihilist; plural noun: nihilists
a person who believes that life is meaningless and rejects all religious and moral principles.

HISTORICAL
a supporter of an extreme Russian revolutionary party c. 1900 which found nothing to approve of in the established social order.
Old 13-05-2020, 02:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Though I am not a strict LOA guy, I do believe how you think it will go has a lot to do with how it actually will go, on many levels, that includes the physical.

To be honest, it may be a surprise to hear this from me, but LOA may actually be true to some extend. However, it doesn't necessarily determine how your life will turn out to be. Rather, LOA is more of a determing factor for who you'll be friends with and stuff like that. But even that is something we have no control of, because our personality is always behind the wheel unless you are a fake person. Usually those who use their charming deception to attract people to them without their victim's knowing, and more than often this is the dark truth about romance and relationships if you add Stockholm Syndrome to it, but that's debatable for a different topic.

I know from experience that the way we think is simply the result of what we have been exposed to, rather than another determing factor for your life and how things will be going. Some random millionaire who won the lottery also didn't think he'd end up the winner, considering the extremely low chance.

Quote:
You have, he is also called the observer. He is also the protagonist, and the setting, and the stage, he even writes the script, by himself if it is a one man show, or in conjunction with the others if it is a collaboration.

Who is this observer guy? Or perhaps you mean higher self?

Quote:
No, in MBG, you are perhaps just the opposite, otherwise you would not find such disgust with the world you see. A true nihilist would not care at all. From what I can see, you care and are angry that the world is not and does not behave in accordance with your moral code. Then again, IDK, perhaps I am just projecting a part of myself onto you.

Oh well, we're living in a world where a narcissistic assclown who kicks a ball for a few hours gets paid more than your average humble doctor who literally works their #ss off trying to heal people and save lives. If you put that on a par with the fact that I feel disconnected from this world and it's societies in which I don't fit in, you can't really blame me, can you?