Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 16-03-2020, 12:11 AM
Ascender
At what point do you let go?

I'm interested to hear your experiences of when you knew it was time to let go of someone you loved deeply. At what point did you develop the strength to leave? What was the breaking point? How many mistakes did it take for you to endure or make before realizing you were outgrowing the love and the lessons? How long did you hold out hope? Did it end on a bad note or was it mutual?
Old 16-03-2020, 12:59 AM
ant

Hi LibbyScorp,

One,i let go of my brother,as he was driven by his ego/false sense of self,but that said,we drifted apart and he stopped calling.

It was mutual,no animosity,no hard feelings etc.

Two,my sister,was in contact recently and had to let her go as well.
Same deal,ego driven and a false sense of self.

I let it be known,that it was pointless remaining in contact,different paths,banging a head against a brick wall etc.

So mutually parted ways,no animosity,no hard feelings etc.

Both saw me as out there being back on the spiritual path,so i'd imagine,they think they know better.

Both are the only human family i have left,apart from another brother i haven't seen in over 20yrs.

I wouldn't say there was a deep love with both or the other,more like a mutual love,just a connection being blood family.

And family,didn't feel like family anyway.

Though that said,i did have a strong bond with my mother,though her,herself,was misguided,but all the same had a large heart.

I think in the now,the hardest part of saying goodbye to my current and true deepest love,would be saying goodbye to my dog,when his time is up.

I guess,i'll learn the deepest of love,is not saying goodbye,but thankyou for the lessons of learning to love again and bringing down the walls of the heart,

Till we meet again,

Deepest lover of light,
Without grudge or sword to bare,
My blue eyed angel of light,
Your forgiving nature,is indeed rare.

Regards authentic and truest of friends.
Old 16-03-2020, 07:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
I'm interested to hear your experiences of when you knew it was time to let go of someone you loved deeply. At what point did you develop the strength to leave? What was the breaking point? How many mistakes did it take for you to endure or make before realizing you were outgrowing the love and the lessons? How long did you hold out hope? Did it end on a bad note or was it mutual?

If it's love and not attachment then it's not necessary to be with them in order to love them. If it's doing neither any good then that's the answer and reason to end it.
Old 16-03-2020, 07:42 AM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
If it's love and not attachment then it's not necessary to be with them in order to love them. If it's doing neither any good then that's the answer and reason to end it.

The question is,do we as humans through the mental ego self attachment construct,draw lines from good and bad,negating nature and the cycle of life.

Hence,negating the very lessons,from the things that are pure and unattached.

Essentially,humans are there worst enemy.
Old 16-03-2020, 08:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elabr8Aspie
The question is,do we as humans through the mental ego self attachment construct,draw lines from good and bad,negating nature and the cycle of life.

Hence,negating the very lessons,from the things that are pure and unattached.

Essentially,humans are there worst enemy.

Decisions need to be made, into actions to create, in order to not stagnate. I think judgements are made all the time, as to whether something is good or bad. I don't think it's helpful in the long run to pretend otherwise.
Old 16-03-2020, 09:41 AM
Master
I've overstayed my welcome a few times. I tend to hold on too long.
But if things have gone too far too many times, and there really doesn't seem to be any change, the other isn't cooperating and unwilling then I eventually give up. At first I still keep trying and trying, but even I reach a point where I am energetically & emotionally exhausted and decide to cut my losses.
In one case the love and respect for him had gone because of what had happened.

I do hope to be able to have better boundaries now to prevent this from happening again. I do find it difficult to let go when I still love them.

And no, there have been no bad breakups for me.
Old 16-03-2020, 09:52 AM
Master
I don't know. At what point do we hold on?

I need to think about this. Not in a relationship sense but in an everyday life sense.
Old 16-03-2020, 06:15 PM
Guide
Interesting subject. I always knew I would not be with my husband long. We had different reasons for being on the planet but there was a reason for us to be together for a while. I was planning a graceful exit when he and my dad forced me to just walk away, leaving everything, including some good relationships I had with his relatives.
Old 17-03-2020, 05:04 AM
Seeker
I am asking the same question right now. Balancing hope that things can be worked out and the gift of walking away. It is not an easy place to be. I feel for you!
Old 26-03-2020, 05:20 AM
Ascender
Thank you for your responses. All good things to contemplate. I am numb but live with awareness that happier days will always come.