Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-01-2020, 12:53 PM
Ascender
Some thoughts on negative vs positive thinking

I think the reason having a positive mindset is looked down upon more often in the world is because it's been conflated with naivety. It's easy to be positive when you're living in paradise and your not worried about paying your bills. Besides, nobody likes to be preached at.

On the other hand having a pessimistic negative attitude seems perfectionist because you find dissatisfaction in most things. No matter what, something is always lacking. You never find satisfaction because nothing is worth caring about and hence forth, worth preserving.

If you fail to see value in anything, no matter how bleak it might seem, you become nihilistic. Life loses meaning and purpose, while you give way to your base impulses.

I think being positive, although sometimes foolish is ultimately better. There is something about falling short of perfection, and still finding value. Even if or when you see the flaws in a thing, you can still love it, or you can still see it's potential. That's got to be a good thing.

Maybe the problem with a positive mindset is about discerning what is and what isn't worth caring about. You don't always have to be passive and positive about everything that happens. You don't have to suppress your negative feelings to be optimistic.
Old 27-01-2020, 01:08 PM
Master
Glass half empty or half full? Are people naturally one or the other? Can a person change from one to the other? Life is happier if there's a positive mindset that's for sure. Always look on the bright side of life
Old 27-01-2020, 01:17 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Glass half empty or half full? Are people naturally one or the other? Can a person change from one to the other? Life is happier if there's a positive mindset that's for sure. Always look on the bright side of life

Yes exactly. Although I do think these expressions lose their meaning over time.
Old 27-01-2020, 03:52 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
Maybe the problem with a positive mindset is about discerning what is and what isn't worth caring about. You don't always have to be passive and positive about everything that happens. You don't have to suppress your negative feelings to be optimistic.
I still haven't had a good answer to this question. Objectively, what makes positive positive and what makes negative negative? Please, be the first.

It's not about a positive or negative mindset, it's about a mentality that will talk about us being here to 'learn the lessons' then label the lesson as a negative experience. Eat your greens and learn from experiences, even though they really suck they're still good for your Spiritual development. They're also character-building and you want some of that as well, don't you? And now you have a two-for-the-price-of-one bonus, how positive is that?
Old 27-01-2020, 07:13 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I still haven't had a good answer to this question. Objectively, what makes positive positive and what makes negative negative? Please, be the first.

It's not about a positive or negative mindset, it's about a mentality that will talk about us being here to 'learn the lessons' then label the lesson as a negative experience. Eat your greens and learn from experiences, even though they really suck they're still good for your Spiritual development. They're also character-building and you want some of that as well, don't you? And now you have a two-for-the-price-of-one bonus, how positive is that?

I don't know if everything works out when you have a positive mindset but what I do know is a negative mindset always leads to destruction and chaos.
Old 27-01-2020, 07:19 PM
Master

I believe in "everybody should do only what they think is right, as long as they obey the laws of the land". So, you want to be positive / negative / undecided? Then do it, but leave the others do whatever they think is better for them!

Anybody wants an explanation why it is better to be positive? It's simple: because all your thoughts will materialize in your life in situations that will perpetuate your thoughts. You want a "positive" future? Then be positive! You want a "negative" one? Be negative!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 27-01-2020, 07:20 PM
Master

Quote:
I don't know if everything works out when you have a positive mindset but what I do know is a negative mindset always leads to destruction and chaos.
Exactly
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 27-01-2020, 07:27 PM
Master
Quote:
what makes positive positive and what makes negative negative?

A good or bad, happy or sad feeling of the individual?
Old 27-01-2020, 10:06 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Realize the source of both positive and negative thinking and then take both with a grain of salt.
Old 27-01-2020, 10:25 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Oh well, I guess I have a wait in front of me then. Still no answer.