Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-02-2020, 09:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi,

I don't think or feel that teachings and perspectives change what is manifested with in the physical formations.

For example; a banana is just a banana as it is created/formed to be. What I may think of it does not alter the banana, just perhaps my perspective of it.

Eggsactly ..

This was my point made about the baby getting sunburnt without having a conceptual understanding of what the sun is or what it can do to the skin .

This is why the laws of the universe or the laws that govern the physical world / reality will always prevail .

We can call a spoon a fork or a banana a pear but it won't change their blueprint / foundations / qualities that are already present .

x daz x
Old 17-02-2020, 08:44 PM
Master
Some of my comments may have been taken out of context.

If someone were to kill Hitler that would not have been murder. Thats assassination. A totally different situation. In fact the person could be regarded as a hero in this case.

Now if you mean killing Hitler before he had a chance to assume any political power in life, well than that's murder.

But in terms of war, politics, and strife of those sorts the laws get a little grey.
John Wilkes Booth was wrong for killing Lincoln. He paid for it in life. But I don't think JWB went to Hell or was regarded as a murderer in terms of his spiritual evolution.

The higher Spirits with God that guide humanity sees things from the clearest pristine level of consciousness. They are at higher plateaus of a spiritual level to judge things accordingly.

The "hogwash" comment wasn't directly about Eastern religions. It was one of the teachings that this physical world is literally an illusion and doesn't matter.

Not all the great revered spiritual teachers were mentally sane. Even in the Catholic Church, many of those so-called saints were schizophrenic, unhinged, and fanatics. They may have had all sorts of mystical powers but those kinds of people tend to be tempted into fanaticism and fundamentalism, especially if they have renounced everything outward and even inward. Most of them were really just Psychics and Mystics (called witches back then), and their gifts were powerfully manifested by the extreme spiritual lifestyles they adopted, but those lifestyles imposed by the Catholic Church did a great deal of damage and trauma to these poor people.

Jesus himself was not an extremist. He didn't even renounce drinking alcohol or meat as some great spiritual figures have done. He most likely never engaged in sexual activity because he had a divine calling. But the Man was very middle-grounded. It's shocking how a tradition founded in his name brought so many fanatics later in history.

Many Eastern gurus were not healthy individuals throughout history. You have to learn how to discern. If something sounds like ** based on your experience, it is most likely **. Just because they had the Vedas and Gita which in some ways was much more advanced in spiritual teaching than the Bible doesn't mean they have the be all end all.

Same goes for Bible thumpers. Yes, they have the tradition that believes that Christ was the One and Only Incarnation of the Divine, but they are the worse when it comes to actually following his message.

Ego is everywhere, and it's no more prevalent than in religion and politics.
Old 18-02-2020, 10:34 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just wondered your thoughts.
If this is a dream, and Illusion - there is no death ever - why would God
care if someone killed another?
Wouldn't He know that they come back again and again?

I'm coming to Gen Beliefs more and more.

Hi Miss Hepburn,

When we are killed we generally lose something e.g. we were on a path, we had a life purpose, etc. We also lose trust in others. We start to fear, etc.

That's why our guide should care about death.

Cheers,
green1
Old 18-02-2020, 11:04 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Some of my comments may have been taken out of context.

If someone were to kill Hitler that would not have been murder. Thats assassination. A totally different situation. In fact the person could be regarded as a hero in this case.

Now if you mean killing Hitler before he had a chance to assume any political power in life, well than that's murder.

But in terms of war, politics, and strife of those sorts the laws get a little grey.
John Wilkes Booth was wrong for killing Lincoln. He paid for it in life. But I don't think JWB went to Hell or was regarded as a murderer in terms of his spiritual evolution.

The higher Spirits with God that guide humanity sees things from the clearest pristine level of consciousness. They are at higher plateaus of a spiritual level to judge things accordingly.

The "hogwash" comment wasn't directly about Eastern religions. It was one of the teachings that this physical world is literally an illusion and doesn't matter.

Not all the great revered spiritual teachers were mentally sane. Even in the Catholic Church, many of those so-called saints were schizophrenic, unhinged, and fanatics. They may have had all sorts of mystical powers but those kinds of people tend to be tempted into fanaticism and fundamentalism, especially if they have renounced everything outward and even inward. Most of them were really just Psychics and Mystics (called witches back then), and their gifts were powerfully manifested by the extreme spiritual lifestyles they adopted, but those lifestyles imposed by the Catholic Church did a great deal of damage and trauma to these poor people.

Jesus himself was not an extremist. He didn't even renounce drinking alcohol or meat as some great spiritual figures have done. He most likely never engaged in sexual activity because he had a divine calling. But the Man was very middle-grounded. It's shocking how a tradition founded in his name brought so many fanatics later in history.

Many Eastern gurus were not healthy individuals throughout history. You have to learn how to discern. If something sounds like ** based on your experience, it is most likely **. Just because they had the Vedas and Gita which in some ways was much more advanced in spiritual teaching than the Bible doesn't mean they have the be all end all.

Same goes for Bible thumpers. Yes, they have the tradition that believes that Christ was the One and Only Incarnation of the Divine, but they are the worse when it comes to actually following his message.

Ego is everywhere, and it's no more prevalent than in religion and politics.

Amen to that.I'm in total agreement.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:26 PM
Elfin

Hi... Just my humble opinion.. I believe God turned his back on us when we turned his back on us... He said " just get on with it.. if you know best... But don't expect me to intervene.."... I think he does care about murder and such like... But he had made his pact. His argument was that humans now had to make their own mistakes!... And who can blame him?... Id be pretty p****d off too if I tried to help someone and they stabbed me in back!!!! Please note these are not my own particular beliefs ... Just what I have heard about.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:35 PM
Elfin

Gosh I made a right mess of that !!!!!!! What I meant to say was God turned his back on us when we turned out back on him!.... Also I realise I contradicted myself in opening line... I meant my humble input for what it's worth... Oh god... I'm just making it worse... But I hope you know what I mean!.... I will creep away now.. !
Old 01-03-2020, 02:37 PM
Elfin

Yep.....and I've still done it wrong!!!
Old 01-03-2020, 02:38 PM
Elfin

I'm sorry everyone... I really am... I only got here by de-fault!!! Like everything in my life.... With or without God!
Old 01-03-2020, 02:38 PM
hazada guess

i know what you mean Elfin.
Old 01-03-2020, 02:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
i know what you mean Elfin.

So do I understand what you meant.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜