Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Fujiwara Kaito

The 10 Commandments - Explained Spiritually

To make it clear why following these bible commandments is the first step to a becoming rich in spirit. I have composed my own explanations of the commandments after meditation.

----------

1. You shall have nothing before GOD.

Firstly, how can you have anything before God? the answer is: you cannot! this commandment is actually a very spiritual message.

Everything in the universe is of God! God is all that is - there is no outside! This commandment is actually a warning ~ it warns us not to think there is anything other than God to put before it!

2. You shall not make yourself a carved image.

There can be no exact symbol for God as God is all that is. Yet almost all religions and societies try to make one even though the holy book says it is impossible.

The most commonly worshiped “image” today is MONEY!

3. You shell not take the name of the lord in vain.

There is more to this than just insulting God! If you take things for granted you are are breaking this law!

Everything must be earned.

4. Remember the sabbath day to keep it holy.

We cannot be lazy but we should not over work yourself, so by law you must take a day off ~ the sabbath day also honors God!

5. Honor your Father and your Mother.

Honer your Father and your Mother, and anyone older and wiser than you, this includes Mother earth.

6. You shall not murder.

Murdering takes away any potential for spiritual growth in said victim’s current lifetime and is against the law. - This includes suicide.

7. You shall not commit adultery.

Sexual energy is the strongest creative energy and should be used for it’s intended purpose and not wasted.

The energy can be redirected to give strength for art and spiritual works of life.

8. You shall not steal.

Everything is earned. Stealing is cheating and hurts the victim.

9. You shall not bear false witness.

Liars should work seriously on breaking the habit! Dishonest spirits cannot advance in the universe. - They are an open book to higher forces anyway.

10. You shall not covet.

It is uncalled for you have or will receive everything you need!
Old 24-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Ascender
[quote=Fujiwara Kaito][center]To make it clear why following these bible commandments is the first step to a becoming rich in spirit. I have composed my own explanations of the commandments after meditation [quote]

but we have to speak from knowledge in order to help those who seeking understand. I notice you didn’t post exactly what Jehovah God had said. You left out one key word, GODS.

1.“Thou shalt have no other gods before me)” You said…”how can you have anything before God? the answer is: you cannot! this commandment is actually a very spiritual message. (this is more than spiritual, God’s speaking literally. Many humans have gods, be-it the God of Israel, satan, money, other humans. even Jesus, and he never taught other to put him before God, or to make him God, (John 17:3 -And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent).

satan through his many ministers teaches that, (2Cor.-11:13-15, For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works).

2.Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth, (we shouldn’t make any images of anyone to worship. It’s not just religions, many people have prayers hands, pictures of what suppose to be Jesus, though it’s a lie, to crosses all over their house). Money isn’t a image of God or man.

3.Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain. (Man would do anything to remove Jehovah’s name). You said “If you take things for granted you are are breaking this law! Everything must be earned”
what?!…earned?, an example would be more like. On money it says…”in God we trust” the government isn’t about God. And when someone says ..”oh my God” to something like…“did you see the outfit she had on?! It’s NOT about, takes what taking God name in vain means. it's not about taking “things” for granted.

5.Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. (you said “anyone older and wiser than you, this includes Mother earth“). Jehovah’s word meant one’s parents. We do have to respect our elders, but we ONLY can honor our parents. Many kids are today very disrespectful. In many cases kids lose their life, because of doing what they want. Being in gangs, doing drugs, which goes against most parents. And “mother earth?!...another one of satan’s little tricks.

7.Thou shalt not commit adultery. (God’s word here is straight to the point), No sex outside the marriage. (“The energy can be redirected to give strength for art and spiritual works of life)”, “Sexual energy”, I’m so lost from you’re saying. I wish you would have explained you're meaning.

9.Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor, (when one does this, it causes the innocent much grief ,pain, even anger. One shouldn’t spread lies against another, yet many do!

10.Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's. (to want something so badly, will sometime cause one to commit a crime, in order to have it, We shouldn‘t be that way). You said…”It is uncalled for you have or will receive everything you need” not true. God never meant we couldn’t buy things we wanted. Because he understand the imperfect human mind. He wants us to enjoy what we worked hard for ,(Eccle.3:13 -And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God). peace[/color]
Old 24-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Master
Under, or within the law of love the commandments are no more, the ten commandments are for when we are still under the illusion of the mind body, or carnal self , Jesus fulfilled the law by love, when we are within the law of love we are free from the law that once bind us., love doesn't need laws, because it just wont hurt anyone in anyway, it wont steal from another, it wont kill another and so on.
Old 29-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Under, or within the law of love the commandments are no more, the ten commandments are for when we are still under the illusion of the mind body, or carnal self , Jesus fulfilled the law by love, when we are within the law of love we are free from the law that once bind us., love doesn't need laws, because it just wont hurt anyone in anyway, it wont steal from another, it wont kill another and so on.

Thanks for the explanation psychoslice. This is my opinion too.

I read an interesting view on the ten commandments in the book 'conversations with god'. It explained a lot for me and helped me open up to God so much more.

It explained that the ten commandments was actually given to Moses when he asked for a sign to guide his people. What was given was not actually commands at all, but rather ten commitments from God when the love of Christ is in our hearts.

These ten commitments from God explain the benefits of living a life with love as the center. We will live this way because of loves presence in our lives. Not a way to earn Loves presence.

Unconditional love is always given from God and merely has to be excepted in order for us to experience such a life promised by God if we let go and learn to love.

I hope that made sense. My opinion in short: Love first and let the ten commandments flow naturally. Let go and let God.
Old 29-12-2011, 04:02 AM
Mary Baker

Yes, indeed, psychoslice and Joshi.

I first experienced God's love for me and accepted it. I was then enabled to reflect God's love, though still being carnal and through wrong exercise of free will have not always reflected that love as I should.

I stumble often on the way, but I am still on the way.
Old 29-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Master
"Saved" means rescued, as by another...and, "Grace", means unmerited favor.
God is Love.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 30-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Kaausti

Fascinating Perspectives on the 10 Commandments. Thank you Fujiwara for putting this on thread.
Old 30-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Master
As soon as you fall out of love with God, you are under the law again, or the ten commandments, when you are one in Christ you are under your own inner law, the law of love which really isn't a law as such. When you finally realize the Christ within you, you then show love towards your fellow men and women, and even creatures, this inner love automatically flows from within, from the place where your Christ was born, from that place where sin has never touched, you could even say, from the virgin within.
Old 30-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Master
To a point I can agree with that Psychoslice, in that Jesus equated Hmself with His believers, and with regard to overall Unity.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Pathfinder
I loved it. A perfect, beautiful way to look at our sacred 'rules'. If only everyone could see them this way.