Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 18-09-2011, 01:30 AM
tooqute2nv

Avalon?

I keep seeing the world "avalon"...Also "crystal", as of late too...But primarily does anyone else know anything about how the myths of Avalon could play into spirituality or such?
Old 18-09-2011, 03:16 AM
glpoisson

Read 'The Mists of Avalon' by Marion Zimmer Bradley. Her vivid imagining of Avalon will give you some answers. Even if you do not care for the story or writing her concept of Avalon is an occluded spiritual space which is shaped by and shapes the minds and hearts of those in the world rings true in most faiths.
Old 18-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Master
Investigating the myths of Arthur and Camelot may have some ideas for you as well as Avalon is featured. I feel it's the world of the "old ways".

Old 18-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Master
The Isle of Avalon or the Isle of Apples does feature in Arthurian legend and is said to Glastonbury. Glastonbury lay in the centre of extensive marshes which flooded in winter, cutting off the area. When the Somerset Levels were built, the marsh was drained. But the legend mentions the Lady of the Lake and the Grail. The grail was said to be hidden in Chalice Well at the bottom of Chalice Hill. The spring which feeds the well is rich in iron and the water has a red tinge to it. Worth noting that Glastonbury was a pagan holy place at least a thousand years before christianity.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Seeker
i dont know much about Avalon bt i do like the lady in the lake
Old 18-10-2011, 01:23 AM
Knower
A new ballroom dance studio by that name just opened in the Phoenix area, but I think many have that name.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Jules

I've just watched the Mists of Avalon on true movies, and it's given so much more understanding. Wonderful.

adding to norsey's account, when you stand at the top of the Tor in Glastonbury, you can see the Isle of Avalon although it is part of Glastonbury and not seperated by any water.

then energy of the place is just sublime
Old 11-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Master
Adding to Jules adding to my account concerning The Tor. It is said that if you walk the spiral paths in a certain manner, you will pass through a portal to the land of the fae. I have "quested" several times but I am still here However, I can report that walking the path with a clear open mind results in a feeling of elation.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Enya

If you think of Avalon as a dorrway or portal into a mystical place of wonder and healing, it might help give you some insight.

Last year, I was inspired to draw a beautiful oval portal with a winged being flying to (or from) it. It was called 'The Gates of Avalon'. I believe it was an expression of the great changes which this universe and world are going through. Our journey into higher realms might be seen as travelling into Avalon...
Old 11-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Adding to Jules adding to my account concerning The Tor. It is said that if you walk the spiral paths in a certain manner, you will pass through a portal to the land of the fae. I have "quested" several times but I am still here However, I can report that walking the path with a clear open mind results in a feeling of elation.
Norsey! how right you are. I tell you what right, you know I've got the illnesses I've got which makes me lose energy prettttyyy quick, I did it for the first time a couple of years ago. Got to the stile you pass over to get onto the hill and the energy you felt was just absolutely incredible. We got to the top in around 25 minutes and all the way up it was just a feeling of sheer bliss. Love that place it's like going home x