Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 24-03-2016, 01:48 AM
Knower
Yes, "Previous Visit" did that, so I used "Previous Day" instead and it still showed recent threads, as I stated above.
Old 24-03-2016, 02:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulsInMotion
Yes, "Previous Visit" did that, so I used "Previous Day" instead and it still showed recent threads, as I stated above.

Ok, so it kinda works. (touch wood).
Old 24-03-2016, 12:23 PM
Pathfinder
I think it has something to do with the cookies. The menu item, I believe, is merely a shortcut to a search term. Once it has been used, it expires, and becomes unavailable.

I don't know how it works, but that seems to be it. I have bookmarked search terms and they behaved in exactly the same way.
Old 24-03-2016, 01:14 PM
Knower
It caches a search id, even though the link says "getnew" it still tries to get the old list of results using that id, which expires on the forum but not in FF apparently. Previous Day always works because it's returning results from a specific period of time rather than brand new results.
Old 24-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Ok, so it kinda works. (touch wood).

Gem, I am wondering, do you ever look at the threads off line and not signed in? This could possibly be a reason threads will not show up as new when you log in. I noticed this on my end, it's abstracting the visit whether I log in or not just as long as I am "clicking" around. So, this could be as someone mentioned earlier, a cookies thing

The browser Safari doesn't work as well with the forum. When the sight went dysfunction, forget it. Pointless to even log in.

Chrome works the best for me. I rarely ever have a problem with it. I didn't update to the new windows either.

Last edited by Clover : 24-03-2016 at 03:55 PM.
Old 24-03-2016, 03:13 PM
Suspended

OMG...yeah Safari sucks so bad...when the site went down I couldn't connect to the forum at all on Safari....I had to download Firefox and was able to get back on here...
Old 24-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Gem, I am wondering, do you ever look at the threads off line and not signed in? This could possibly be a reason threads will not show up as new when you log in. I noticed this on my end, it's abstracting the visit whether I log in or not just as long as I am "clicking" around. So, this could be as someone mentioned earlier, a cookies thing

The browser Safari doesn't work as well with the forum. When the sight went dysfunction, forget it. Pointless to even log in.

Chrome works the best for me. I rarely ever have a problem with it. I didn't update to the new windows either.

No, I'm always logged in.

It's certainly a 'cache thing'. I clear cache and it's right as rain.

Chrome has no drop-down window for new posts at all so I presume it just shows posts from previous visit. it has no 'Quick Links' either
Old 25-03-2016, 02:26 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
No, I'm always logged in.

Chrome has no drop-down window for new posts at all so I presume it just shows posts from previous visit. it has no 'Quick Links' either

Ah Ok. Well, mystery solved.

Yeah, I just click "New Posts" although, my panel as a mod is a tad differen. I thought the drop down menu was a mobile feature, so interesting to know that. I only like to use Chrome. Firefox was a favorite of mine in the mid 00's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnia
OMG...yeah Safari sucks so bad...when the site went down I couldn't connect to the forum at all on Safari....I had to download Firefox and was able to get back on here...

Oh Yeah for sure. I don't use it for much. I have Chrome downloaded on my iPhone. I like it specifically because it ties to my email and youtube accounts, among other things..
Old 25-03-2016, 02:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Confirm for Firefox (v45.0.1). Clearing only the cache (not cookies or other history) makes it work. Doesn't matter if I am already logged in or not.
Old 25-03-2016, 08:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Confirm for Firefox (v45.0.1). Clearing only the cache (not cookies or other history) makes it work. Doesn't matter if I am already logged in or not.

Yep - that's what I do.