Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Closed Thread

Old 23-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Suspended
Disappearing Threads

Hiya guys and gals

I'd like to put forth a suggestion. When a thread disappears, would it be possible to let members know whether it's a temporary or permanent removal?

Two threads in the past week or so have gone *poof* that I had been posting in...and to remove the entire thread because of, say, one or two members breaking forum rules seems a bit OTT. Would it not be prudent to warn those members, remove their posts, but keep the thread alive for the enjoyment of the rest of us?

I can appreciate that a thread may have been moved to the moderators' section for 'cleaning up' or discussion. And if this is the case with either/both the threads I'm talking about (The Endless Poem and In My Pants), it would be appreciated if you'd let us know. Just a quick post in the Announcements section would suffice. You don't have to go into any detail whatsoever.

I know you've got a lot on your plates and work tirelessly and endlessly to keep these forums safe, clean and in good working order. And I understand that you are zapping spam left, right and centre. I think it's fair to say that I can speak for most, if not all, the members here in that we fully understand how much you do and appreciate it more than you think.

I thought I'd get that above paragraph in before you staffies do!

So what say you? A small heads-up to let us know if there's a chance our threads might return one day?

Squatch
Old 27-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Suspended
*small bump*

in case this has been overlooked.
Old 27-01-2012, 03:02 PM
iolite

I would like that too. Disappearing threads have been bothering me too. I wish that if possible that the thread stay and the offending messages be removed rather than just deleting the whole thread, if possible.
Old 27-01-2012, 03:50 PM
midnightstar

Yeah same here Squatchit and Iolite, I agree with what both of you have said
Old 27-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Deactivated Account

Very simple answer ~ there are GHOSTS on the forum !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 29-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Suspended
*bump*

*knock knock. Anyone home?*
Old 29-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Master
Threads that get pulled the creator of the thread gets a pm about the closure of the thread. For time issues it's not always possible to send a pm to every person that has contributed to a thread.

Would it be nice if no thread got pulled? Sure. It would also be nice if people read the rules upon signing up before they send me a pm asking why they can't edit their profile.

And in some cases the thread in question just does not belong on the forum and will not come back.

Those are usually rare, but it does happen. Most times a thread that gets pulled gets cleaned and comes back into the forum. Sometimes we just close it and ask the members to return to the topic at hand if its stayed to far. Some times that is ignored and a thread gets pulled. Hopefully it can just be cleaned up and put right back. Other times it is to much of a mess that it can not make it back on the forum.
Old 29-01-2012, 09:16 PM
midnightstar

That's fair enough IMO innerlight
Old 29-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Shabby

One of my threads got pull and I was notified which I thought was very nice.
Old 29-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Suspended
Thanks for responding inner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
For time issues it's not always possible to send a pm to every person that has contributed to a thread.

I wasn't expecting you to do that, nor did I ask for that.

Quote:
It would also be nice if people read the rules upon signing up before they send me a pm asking why they can't edit their profile.

Well yes, but that's not what this thread is about.

Quote:
Most times a thread that gets pulled gets cleaned and comes back into the forum.

OK. I will look forward to the two threads I mentioned returning to the forums shortly.

Thanks again.

Squatch
Closed Thread