Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Ascender
Home..Your own meaning of it and direction to it

Home.
Lately, I have been thinking about home.
I am not talking about a house on a ground or a physical place.
I am talking about HOME.

I personally do not know where my home is...
My recent trip to my birth place and early childhood place made me to rethink about 'Home' even deeper... because I certainly did not find my Home there neither.
I feel that I am drifting farther out and no longer know which direction to follow anymore.
I am uncertain if finding my Home is even important..
Maybe none of us really find the Home and our journey is to continue searching until the end.
Home may be the other side of this incarnation where our true home waits.

I googled "spiritual home" and I found the following definitions.

"Your spiritual home is the place where you feel that you belong, usually because your ideas or attitudes are the same as those of the people who live there". (Collins dictionary.com)

"A place where you feel you belong, although you were not born there, because you have a lot in common with the people, the culture, and the way of life". (Dictionary.cambridge.org)

Truthfully, none of these definitions are satisfying to me..
Since our feelings of belonging change as we changes.
To me, Home is where I always feel safe to be me and feel belong, even with differences and with constant changes.
Maybe I already found my Home within me and I should not expect anymore.... and just be content with it?

But I am curious what all of you think about this subject.
So, here are the questions:
1. Do you agree with the above definitions?
2. If disagree, what is your own definition of your home?
3. Where is your Home?
4. How do you find your Home?
5. Have you found your Home?
6. How important is it to find your Home?
Old 27-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Home.
Lately, I have been thinking about home.
I am not talking about a house on a ground or a physical place.
I am talking about HOME.

I personally do not know where my home is...
My recent trip to my birth place and early childhood place made me to rethink about 'Home' even deeper... because I certainly did not find my Home there neither.
I feel that I am drifting farther out and no longer know which direction to follow anymore.
I am uncertain if finding my Home is even important..
Maybe none of us really find the Home and our journey is to continue searching until the end.
Home may be the other side of this incarnation where our true home waits.

I googled "spiritual home" and I found the following definitions.

"Your spiritual home is the place where you feel that you belong, usually because your ideas or attitudes are the same as those of the people who live there". (Collins dictionary.com)

"A place where you feel you belong, although you were not born there, because you have a lot in common with the people, the culture, and the way of life". (Dictionary.cambridge.org)

Truthfully, none of these definitions are satisfying to me..
Since our feelings of belonging change as we changes.
To me, Home is where I always feel safe to be me and feel belong, even with differences and with constant changes.
Maybe I already found my Home within me and I should not expect anymore.... and just be content with it?

But I am curious what all of you think about this subject.
So, here are the questions:
1. Do you agree with the above definitions?
2. If disagree, what is your own definition of your home?
3. Where is your Home?
4. How do you find your Home?
5. Have you found your Home?
6. How important is it to find your Home?

I'm not sure why I didn't see this before...

well it has come to my attention that probably we were kicked out of a place which in english we call eden... and long to go back. Likely, many of the things we do today would not make sense if we were living in eden, and other things we frown upon today would be beloved. And there are likely to be physical differences, the way we look and feel seems all wrong as well.

So it is kinda like, a place where we are more free to be who and what we are and we don't have all the pain in the myriads of ways it is found here.

Where it is I dunno. I haven't found it. I have guesses as to how to get there but it seems pointless to go somewhere if I both have to be alone when there and I'm just going to be dragged back from it again as soon as I die anyway. Although I suppose the books say I'm supposed to be able to figure out where the tree of life is if I keep going the way I'm going and at least that would be *something*.

It isn't so important any more. I used to chase around after it until I got tired of being prevented from finding it.... now I dunno about the wisdom of trying to go somewhere one isn't already at. Even though there is something missing here...

Of course all that is only true supposing that the things that came before eden aren't even more compelling than eden! This thinking thing, you go around and around in circles always trying to go somewhere you are not and never get anywhere other than where you are anyway!
Old 28-09-2018, 02:24 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
.... This thinking thing, you go around and around in circles always trying to go somewhere you are not and never get anywhere other than where you are anyway!
I know..
This is very frustrating.
Old 28-09-2018, 04:19 AM
Master
I had to think about the question Home, where is home for me?
Some have suggested, home is source, this is where we came from and will return at some point.
Yet, this is a long way out, this galaxy will collapse by than.
My development was in a galaxy you might know as the southern pinwheel.
Home? No, even so I return there when ever I can.
My higher self said, you are a wanderer, this (uni)verse is your home.
Old 28-09-2018, 08:24 AM
Suspended
Home is where the heart is.
Old 28-09-2018, 10:04 AM
Master
Quote:
I know..
This is very frustrating.
What that is, is attachment. Frustration is merely the emotional response to being uncontrollably caught up in the attachment.

Home is a human concept (and attatchment). "Longing for home" and the belief that "Spirit is our home," are human emotional responses. These emotional attachments have no reality in Spirit. When you dream, you return to Spirit. Do you, while in that dream state, have a conscious and continious experience of feeling you've returned home? No. The experience is simply one of having entered an alternative reality, one that is different than our physical-material reality.

I would say Rah nam's comment is the spiritually (as opposed to emotionally) accurate observation. We are ever-evolving souls. We are eternal wanderers.
Old 28-09-2018, 06:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Home is where the heart is.

Old 28-09-2018, 07:02 PM
Master
Home can be anywhere, it's a feeling rather than a place.
Old 28-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Ascender
All are good answers..

'Eden' by Falling is the origin theory based on bible. But if someone who is not a christian, it can been other state of origin. We just do not know what origin is... Where is this 'Eden'? Can we get there again?
Does the tree of life hold the key to its truth/direction to Home? maybe..
The tree of life probably already resides with our higher self or souls, perhaps? Not any where in the spiritual outer space?

Rah and Baile's statements - "we do not have "home" but it is rather our longing for attachment... We are eternal wanderer.. "
Accepting the possible truth of 'being eternal wanderer' is sad to me.
Because it means that we will never rest. There are not a place where we can just stay w/o having to leave again.
It is so tiring to just wondering around, even in this incarnation. Knowing other incarnations, it is even more exhausting.

Nature's statement on "Heart = Home". Where and what is Heart? Heart in this context is not a part of one's cardiovascular system. It is in spiritual sense, right? Does Heart=Love? I don't think Love by itself is enough to call home. Maybe for some people.

Sky's "Home can be anywhere". - I don't know. If it is anywhere, why can we not feel it. There must be somewhere that we feel home? maybe?

So, we ponder more...
Old 28-09-2018, 11:50 PM
Master

Quote:
All are good answers..

'Eden' by Falling is the origin theory based on bible. But if someone who is not a christian, it can been other state of origin. We just do not know what origin is... Where is this 'Eden'? Can we get there again?
Does the tree of life hold the key to its truth/direction to Home? maybe..
The tree of life probably already resides with our higher self or souls, perhaps? Not any where in the spiritual outer space?

Rah and Baile's statements - "we do not have "home" but it is rather our longing for attachment... We are eternal wanderer.. "
Accepting the possible truth of 'being eternal wanderer' is sad to me.
Because it means that we will never rest. There are not a place where we can just stay w/o having to leave again.
It is so tiring to just wondering around, even in this incarnation. Knowing other incarnations, it is even more exhausting.

Nature's statement on "Heart = Home". Where and what is Heart? Heart in this context is not a part of one's cardiovascular system. It is in spiritual sense, right? Does Heart=Love? I don't think Love by itself is enough to call home. Maybe for some people.

Sky's "Home can be anywhere". - I don't know. If it is anywhere, why can we not feel it. There must be somewhere that we feel home? maybe?

So, we ponder more...

I shouldn't have said anything, i guess.

I agree with how tiring it is to do anything here.

Problem is I think there IS a home somewhere but that we are blocked from going there. Because a lot of us feel a loss, and there has been a lot of activity to try to get rid of that feeling. But we are clever, and tend to find the things we look for in earnest. The fact that we haven't found something as compelling as a 'home' means to me we are being blocked from doing so... The eden story at least tells the how and why of that happening... BTW in the eden story the tree of life is IN eden... it isn't part of any path for getting there.