Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 02-06-2014, 06:13 AM
Master
Curious to Christian fundmentalism is avocation of "Salvation", and then also that there are certain requirements which need to be accomplished. Jesus faced this also during His ministry and sojourn here on Earth, involving the Jews.

"Saved", means Rescued, as by another. "Grace" means, "Unmerited favor", according to Webster's Collegiate.

Very often the scripture stating that, "God is Love" is forgotten, or ignored, in fundamentalist thought and practice.

In all spiritual disciplines though, the advocation is also made that we need to come "out of the world", concerning focus on the material, and physical, and, to set ourselves apart.

Being, "In" the world, but not, "Of" the world, as is stated. Whether it be in Christianity, or other.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-06-2014, 05:34 AM
kumarjitghoshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnnn1
Fundamentalist Christians have really messed my head up big time. Im am worried about going to hell and have a sickening fear of death.

They have also told me that Jesus will come and send all other religions to Hell.

I hate this fear, is Christianity and the bible the only real truth?

:) i am from Sanathan Dharma .... and i love Jesus .... if he comes to send me to hell , i will gladly accept :) ........ if i love god , shouldn't i love his plan for me !
Old 08-06-2014, 12:41 PM
elisi

donnnn1

yeah, it's hard to get 'de-programmed' after having been conditioned in a belief system.

i believe most churches use fear to get you to 'obey'. that is not natural. one should be happy and stress free.

i would suggest you listen to your gut and realize you are a special and worthy creation and creator isn't going to burn you in hell for any infractions.

on your search perhaps you could also study reincarnation.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
donnnn1

i believe most churches use fear to get you to 'obey'. that is not natural. one should be happy and stress free.
It's interesting that you said that, there was a study that showed religious people were among the happiest in the UK. People aren't usually happy if they're in fear and stress.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:35 PM
elisi

on the other hand, perhaps some people ARE happy to allow someone/thing to tell them how to think and act. takes the pressure off.

just a thought.........
Old 08-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Master

Quote:
on the other hand, perhaps some people ARE happy to allow someone/thing to tell them how to think and act. takes the pressure off.

just a thought.........

Or, since their faith is based on love maybe that's what makes them happy. Maybe that's also the reason they do so much charity work to help others.

The Christians I've know were some of happiest people I've ever met. There was this inner peace they had that transcended this world. I've also seen it with those in the Buddhist religion.

It's very popular to be against religion these days, so as far as letting people tell you how to think...
Old 08-06-2014, 04:56 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:

just a thought.........

Much easier than having to (say) accept personal responsibility for one's own decisions. LOL
Old 09-06-2014, 06:26 AM
Master
Quote:

just a thought.........
It's stepping stone to the individual enlightenment path. We've all been there, we've all relied on others' guidance. We still do in truth, just in different ways.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
Much easier than having to (say) accept personal responsibility for one's own decisions. LOL
The anti Christian sentiment has been made very clear. Hate isn't really spiritual though.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:36 PM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra

my karate sensei had a pretty bawdy lifestyle. (i used the nicest word i could). :)

he was also religious. (so he said) always telling others they were going to hell.

i asked him how he could say he was this church going religious person and be so self righteous but live the life he did.

he said 'no problem-as long as he repented god forgave him.

although i suspect he didn't really mean it-but it gave him an out.

no, not everyone is like that-but too many are.