Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 16-07-2018, 09:11 PM
Seeker

Part Native American and feeling lost

I feel kind of lost because I know I am part Native American but I don't know which nation.

My family were very mixed, ie Egyptian, Asian Indian and Native American, and I grew up being influenced by all these cultures. But I was never told much about the family background and it was never brought up which nation the Native American side of the family was. There is nobody still alive that I could ask.

I have done some research about the family history but didn't get very far because records were really only being kept in Western countries, so I could only trace part of the family and only back to the late 19th century, but that's for the non-Native part of the family.

So I don't know much about my heritage and have no way of finding anything out.

I am proud of what I am but it would help if I knew what nation I am and I find it sad that I don't know.

Anyone in the same situation?
Old 16-07-2018, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator
I have Native blood in me my family went to patigonia in the 18hundreds.then they went into Arizona.
my grandmother told me some things.but mainly it was teaching me the Native ways. my grandmothers sister always used to say I looked like the family still in the states. from what they told me I was from the eastern band Cherokee.you would be best going on to a site that looks at geanology some go by blood count.

Namaste
Old 17-07-2018, 11:24 PM
Experiencer

Ankhesenamun,
You can always do a DNA-test if you dare and discover who your Native American cousins are and where they come from.
Family Tree DNA - Autosomal Test = “Family Finder”

DNA evangelism:
I always knew (within) I am part Siberian (and since I also have a past-life memories from there), but had no proof of it.

I always knew (within) I am part Saami, but had no proof of it.
During Reiki 1 initiation I went into a lucid dream – state. I was flying over a landscape and then zoomed in a place within that landscape to examine it more thoroughly.
When I got home I painted the landscape of my ‘vision’ and drew the place.
Sometime after I got visitors who had lived in Lapland and when they saw my painting, they immediately recognized it as *such and such* landscape/place.
I didn’t believe them so I never looked it up on the net to verify.

Years later when I did my DNA-test and discovered where my Saami cousins come from, I looked the place up on the net and hello – there was my painting staring right back at me. There was also a photo of the place (within the landscape) I had drawn.

My grandparents surely knew this, but chose to go silent about it.

I always knew (within) there was a Native American connection there somehow, but had no proof of it.
Now I know it is our Malta connection, which I share in 20%:
https://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/21/s...n-siberia.html
Asian Indians also share a great deal of this ancient dna.

And ‘our neck of the woods’ Mesolithic ancestors:
https://genetiker.wordpress.com/2015...-from-karelia/

So the DNA-test validated what I already knew intuitively and put all these questions I had had to rest.