Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 30-01-2019, 02:49 AM
Guide

Things your parents told you... LOL

I thought this could be a kind of funny thread about things our parents told us in order to stop certain behaviors. Perhaps even what you tell your kids.

For example, my mom hated when I would bite my nails. So when I was little she told me biting my nails would give me worms. So I was so grossed out I stopped biting my nails.

She also told me eating dry instant noodles would give me worms.

I also used to put my long hair behind my ears and my mom told me if I kept doing that, my ears would start to stick out.

Then there were other warnings like don't go in certain areas or leave the yard or else the bogeyman would get me. That was one of my grandmas actually.

Or if I ate my beets, my cheeks would get rosy. That one never worked because I hated beets.

I'm sure some people have some really funny warnings their parents gave them.
Old 30-01-2019, 03:46 AM
Deactivated Account

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when you will get in an accident and go to the hospital ... Thats an super oldie

Where there is dirt, the Devil lives *catholics*
Old 02-02-2019, 01:57 AM
Master
(mother) a woman can do anything a man can do! Just watch me! She was tough woman. (Father) keep going your almost there. Sorry I don't have anything funny or cute on this topic.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:47 PM
Master
lol I bet there are many more I'll be able to think of later.. for now a couple

Before Christmas we were told that the candy canes hanging on the tree or elsewhere as decoration were not real until Christmas so we wouldn't eat the decorations up beforehand hehe

We also had one of this little Billy the Brownie figure puppets hanging around the house and were told he was watching us for Santa.. or St Nick who came around the 6th of December

I can't think of more right now but I know my parents had fun messing with us besides just around the holidays lol. good thread topic idea
Old 10-02-2019, 02:58 AM
Guide

The candy cane trick is hilarious! LOL.
Old 14-02-2019, 01:52 AM
Newbie ;)

My parents told me to stop annoying them. :)
Old 14-02-2019, 06:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul123
My parents told me to stop annoying them. :)

lol likewise.

I'm pretty sure there are a few things my parents said. I can't think of much right now. I was one of those kids that didn't listen. I still don't listen.
Old 15-02-2019, 12:21 PM
Experiencer

Don't look in the mirror after eating or it will distort your face.

Some people die because they forget to breathe.

Eating mango with milk results in death.

If you cross your eyes and the wind blows in your face you will remain that way permanently.
Old 16-02-2019, 12:47 AM
Master
Don't know if this will translate, but just before dinner as we asked our mom what's for dinner: "It's really good!"

This to avoid disclosing whatever healthy food she was making, that she thought - rightly - we would protest:

So "Really good! " became code for "Go eat at a friend's house asap!"

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 16-02-2019, 12:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordnael
Don't look in the mirror after eating or it will distort your face.

Some people die because they forget to breathe.

Eating mango with milk results in death.

If you cross your eyes and the wind blows in your face you will remain that way permanently.

Oh my...! <3

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3