Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 23-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Master

Hi annabelle239 - totally agree with you about fun and me I love my wine! I spent the last few days either drinking or planning the next escapade. Well, not quite but you know what I mean. This time of year encourages it and there were people to catch up with.

I also think a little alcohol is good for you but I think my "little" is a little out of synch with what medical experts would prescribe.

That said, i don't drink much for medical reasons.

This thread is more about alcohol and psychic awareness - perception to me is altered which is why I have in the past been "NO" about it but reading the above I'm reconsidering.
Old 23-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Deactivated Account

yeah,but i feel like i've had accidental third eye chakra opening experiences from alcohol..though,admittedly maybe it wasnt third eye opening but something else and maybe it wasn't the alcohol but something else. but,it was a positive the experiences i've had in every way. i bring it up because i had pondered this question recently and wondered what it was exactly. still haven't found my answers,but that's ok.
Old 23-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Deactivated Account

i guess it breaks down the barriers of the subconscious and conscious. which can open you up to a portal which enters you in a certain sort of flow.
Old 25-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Patricius

well... i smoke some weed, like every day and sometimes i drink a beer or two. i doesnt feel bad about it. even i can feel my energy flux in "my" vessel without meditating. I am on the way to complete. Further days i am not going to drink coffe and alcohol. On the 20/21.12.12 i've taken some psilo mushrooms, it was my personal death and resurrection. To sum up, its a great time ahead for us :)
Old 01-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Knower
There is absolutely nothing wrong with drinking, or going out partying. As long as you have a good time and you're causing no harm, then just do what you want to do.

I can think of better aids to help open up the mind in preparation for a spiritual journey though. I think alcohol closes it in the long run.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Patricius

Having a good/bad time is personal relative, in my case it is all about experience and ''the gold that stays after operation''.

Well i used to drink, like at weekends but therefore a tremendous amount, which i am sorry for because my vessel does not like this kind of threaning. But i changed my habbits and im not having the same party style anymore ;) Greetings
Old 03-01-2013, 02:51 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
We're human and were meant to be imperfect and have fun.
We're meant to be a lot more perfect than we are but that's another thread.

Alcohol interrupts our spirituality, is hard on the liver and potentially quite toxic.

Few of us are pure enough that becoming teetotal will make a lot of difference and you can transmute a lot of the toxicity of alcohol using Reiki.

It's very unlikely that alcohol is helping one's third eye.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 AM
Deactivated Account

i do not know how to explain my experiences yet in words. i will just say i've definitely had experiences happen regardless of alcohol in my system.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Raven Poet

Hi. I found this discussion around consuming alcohol during/before spiritual practices interesting.

Due to the development of a gluten intolerance, I very rarely drink beer anymore, or if I do, it will be nursing one on the deck at a BBQ. (More than one upsets my digestive system too much and that's not fun.)

Interestingly, I've discovered for myself now, it is the type of alcohol I consume that has different influences on my higher consciousness.

Now when I do drink, I choose wine or cider. It's easier on the stomach, and I've realized that beer used to heighten my senses - get me too wound up to feel grounded or receptive - whereas a small amount of wine relaxes me. So when I do meditate or "spirit write" (an self-guided form of automatic writing I engage in when I'm asking for spiritual guidance), I find the relaxing influence of wine - in moderation - can help more the receptivity and depth of messages.

I would not say I "need" wine in order to connect; I've been able to do fine without it. But sometimes incoming thoughts/messages have been clearer/stronger when I've had a few glasses. Small quantities have not had undesired effects for me when I want to get in touch with guides/helpers.

Of course, if I consume too much, then it fogs everything up. So I am careful how much I drink before or during these practices and will limit my intake so I'm not foggy (or get the other nastier physical aftereffects!)

Before landing on this spiritual path I now walk, I admit I used to use alcohol to numb emotional pain or relieve social anxiety. Now that I've been enjoying a stronger relationship with the Spirit world, I now find practices such as meditation, prayer, and ceremony are much more powerful tools to work through and soothe my hurt or confusion. And I abstain from consuming before I attend a ceremony, because, as its been explained to me, alcohol interferes with the beautiful connections with Spirit that can take place during ceremonies. In my opinion, why go to ceremonies which serve as powerful conduits to the Spirit world when I've blocked my awareness with effects of alcohol? To me, it would be like putting up a mail box then duct-taping the door shut!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Master

Hi annabelle - why don't you keep a record of how things are with alcohol and your experiences. I'm not disputing your experiences at all, at least I hope I don't come across that way. It's not something I'm familiar with and largely it is contrary to what I have learnt. But, I am not the oracle of all things spiritual and always curious to learn more.

Raven Poet - I agree a little in moderation does create a relaxation that I don't normally feel within the self and it dulls the voice of skepticism. It also allows a freer flow of energy. But, moderation is very very key and I hate self-control! I don't go to group thingies and when it comes to healing, I make sure I'm stone cold sober for 24hrs ahead of the healing.

I've also requested a life between life reading and I'm remaining sober until that comes through.

These are just personal preferences.