Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-10-2019, 09:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Maybe I'm having an Identity Crisis

You should pray for me instead of always criticising, wouldn't that be what Jesus would have done , or you could look at it another way like only God knows what's in my Heart.....

' God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the Heart '

So you see WP, ' Don't judge a book by it's cover ' could be a very valuable lesson for the day.....

I think Sky's mercurial meanderings are mostly within the broader definition of Christian. I would miss her if she decided to withdraw to a buddhist commune without an internet. her best posts are the ones that are more Christian as well, the others hold no interest to me, because I'm only interested in Christianity, nothing else.
I suspect Sky's job is working in education, probably a primary school teacher, i mean she sounds like a teacher so maybe she is one?
any-way, glad i got chance to give Sky some support on here, you can thank me later Sky!
Old 09-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Maybe I'm having an Identity Crisis

You should pray for me instead of always criticising, wouldn't that be what Jesus would have done , or you could look at it another way like only God knows what's in my Heart.....

' God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the Heart '

So you see WP, ' Don't judge a book by it's cover ' could be a very valuable lesson for the day.....

perhaps you might consider your words
Old 27-11-2019, 12:55 AM
Master
To become a Jewish priest, you had to be at least 30 years old. Jesus met that requirement.

Most claimed he died 3 years later.

Others believe he did not die. They claimed Mariam-i-Isa spared him and he continued to live to the age 120.

One of the books that mention this ointment is Qaraabadin-i-Rumi.
This text was compile about the time of Jesus' time period.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-11-2019, 07:19 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
To become a Jewish priest, you had to be at least 30 years old. Jesus met that requirement.

Most claimed he died 3 years later.

Others believe he did not die. They claimed Mariam-i-Isa spared him and he continued to live to the age 120.

One of the books that mention this ointment is Qaraabadin-i-Rumi.
This text was compile about the time of Jesus' time period.
Where exactly did you find where it says he lived to be 120? I need to read that entire story to see about something please
Old 27-11-2019, 07:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
Where exactly did you find where it says he lived to be 120? I need to read that entire story to see about something please

Fourth Hadith: Jesus’ age given as 120

"Aisha (God be pleased with her) said that, in his illness in which he died, the Holy Prophet said: ‘Every year Gabriel used to repeat the Holy Quran with me once, but this year he has done it twice. He has informed me that there is no prophet but he lives half as long as the one who preceded him. And he has told me that Jesus lived a hundred and twenty years, and I see that I am about to leave this world at sixty’."

(Hujjaj al-Kiramah, p. 428; Kanz al-Ummal, vol. 6, p. 160, from Hazrat Fatima; and Mawahib al-Ladinya, vol. 1, p. 42)

Also in many other Muslim Scriptures.

https://www.muslim.org/islam/deathj-4.htm
Old 27-11-2019, 09:20 AM
Master

Quote:
Fourth Hadith: Jesus’ age given as 120

"Aisha (God be pleased with her) said that, in his illness in which he died, the Holy Prophet said: ‘Every year Gabriel used to repeat the Holy Quran with me once, but this year he has done it twice. He has informed me that there is no prophet but he lives half as long as the one who preceded him. And he has told me that Jesus lived a hundred and twenty years, and I see that I am about to leave this world at sixty’."

(Hujjaj al-Kiramah, p. 428; Kanz al-Ummal, vol. 6, p. 160, from Hazrat Fatima; and Mawahib al-Ladinya, vol. 1, p. 42)

Also in many other Muslim Scriptures.

https://www.muslim.org/islam/deathj-4.htm

I don't think the muslim sources are to be believed, why were not they called christians if they talk about Jesus and how they can know Christ better than His own disciples? To me, this is a big fraud.
Old 27-11-2019, 09:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I don't think the muslim sources are to be believed, why were not they called christians if they talk about Jesus and how they can know Christ better than His own disciples? To me, this is a big fraud.

And they might see Christianity as a big fraud
Old 27-11-2019, 10:05 AM
Master

Quote:
And they might see Christianity as a big fraud

who knows, they seem to like Mary a lot, The only woman named in the Quran
The fact she is in it, makes me automatically respect the Quran for that reason

Theres also some sayings of Jesus preserved in arabic tradition
my favourite one is a story. Jesus and his disciples are walking along a road and pass a dead animal. They say to him, teacher how it stinks! He replies "But how white are it's teeth!"
This is a parable surely about the 'pharisee' archetype that thinks they're something special its great
Old 27-11-2019, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
who knows, they seem to like Mary a lot, The only woman named in the Quran
The fact she is in it, makes me automatically respect the Quran for that reason

Theres also some sayings of Jesus preserved in arabic tradition
my favourite one is a story. Jesus and his disciples are walking along a road and pass a dead animal. They say to him, teacher how it stinks! He replies "But how white are it's teeth!"
This is a parable surely about the 'pharisee' archetype that thinks they're something special its great

I know very little about Islam except what I hear from others, what I do know personally is that some of the Hadiths are beautiful to read....
Old 27-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
The Qurʾān references Jesus (Isa) name more then anybody else.

Muhammad's name is mentioned only 4 times.

One of the reason Muslims are not called Christians is that Muslims believe in one Allah (God) whereas Christians consider the prophet Jesus (Isa) as part of the trinity. If you look on this site, many seem to have very little scriptural understanding of Jesus whereas Muslims are very well knowledgeable on the subject. Many Christians do not look for the return of Jesus whereas Muslims do.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.