Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-10-2019, 05:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I would say theology is not science.

And I would say that theology is also not necessarily spiritual.

The word science comes from the Latin scire (to know) and sciens (knowing).

So spiritual science is knowledge which comes through spiritual attainment. This seems as valid a use of the word as the more conventional meanings of science.

Peace
Old 13-10-2019, 06:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
So we should be cautious in trusting the scientists' consensus in any given field, because the scientific "truth" isn't decided democratically, by vote ... :)
I can imagine we should be cautious. At times technical things can go way over my head. I tend to go by "feel" vs. what is "written". Science goes what is written. It takes all types to make the world go round.
Old 13-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
In that spirit, I want to know what you believe.
"Spirituality is the 'What?" and science is the 'How?'"
Nassim Harramein

The question is, how Spiritual would we be without form? No forgiveness, no empathy, no sympathy, no learning of lessons, no Spiritual development. Love could be pretty mundane because everybody would Love everybody......
Old 13-10-2019, 09:09 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
So we should be cautious in trusting the scientists' consensus in any given field, because the scientific "truth" isn't decided democratically, by vote ... :)
And in the Spiritual sense the truth is relative to one's own agenda as one creates one's own reality. Spirituality has a propensity for taking words and understandings from other fields and changing their definitions to suit- Spirituality does the same for Spiritual words.

A lie is the truth if you believe it to be.
Old 13-10-2019, 01:36 PM
Master
Hello,

Science; observes, evaluates, suggests and considers possibilities, through these comes up with how the pieces go together and inspires to explore more.

Some of what science presents is taken as true and can be experienced. Some of what was thought to be true has been shown to be not the case.

Perspective seems to be in some fields according to being here on Earth, what is understood, where we have been, and where we may be going.

Some scientist may say thier way and or perspectives are facts, while other may say they are potentials/possibilities. Some may be humble enough to say they don't know.

In comparison to what may be termed "spiritual" is there much difference? Perhaps in the approach and focus?

Just some thoughts.