Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 08-04-2011, 01:16 AM
jason the ?

help ?

ok dont wanna be a parasite but i really need some help here. it seems i am really glued to the couch or chair. like i shouldnt even b typing this right now, i should be cleaning my apartment. its as if some sort of spell has been cast on me , it goes way past simple laziness. i have addressed a lot of issues
in my life, mental and spiritual (or so i think), but lately i cannot gather the motivation to do anything for myself other than watch a bunch of youtube videos on esoteric thinking, which i lap up due the oversteer from a fundamentalist christrian upbringing. so i sit here and every time i even think about doing anything good for myself (like clean up my apartment,exercise, or do my taxes already) i become MORE glued to the seat. dont know what to do anymore, it's in God's hands now, so i hope someone out there is well enough connected to the Grand Ethereal Divine to find words that will make the right thoughts so any healing can begin, for now i am stuck it would seem. PLEASE HELP? love n light to all...
Old 08-04-2011, 01:30 AM
Master
It can be hard to find motivation sometimes. When I get into these funks, I start using a timer. Five minutes is enough time to empty all the garbages in the house... so I set my microwave timer and that's what I do. You could find a 5 minute long youtube vid to listen to while you do what you need to do - maybe that could be 5 minutes worth of some exercise you enjoy.

Just a few thoughts.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:40 AM
jason the ?

hey thanks my brain doesnt seem to throw up any red flags if its only five minutes . good, thank u. i will trick my monkey brain .. let u know how it works.....
Old 08-04-2011, 01:43 AM
jason the ?

and good call with the shovel quote Kaere. guess i have to learn to love the shovel, but that doesnt sound quite right either. my feelings have always benn sorta benign regarding shovels. ;>
Old 08-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Master
Ha! Well they can be deceptive - one minute they're sitting there and the next minute you've got a hole in the middle of your backyard! Hard to love something so sneaky.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:55 AM
Master
Hi what I do is this, at 9am I'm going to stop what I'm doing and go and clean the bathroom, then I can relax for 2 hours after and then at 12pm I'm going to get up and work on my taxes for an hour and then I'm done for the day.
Set small goals for yourself....hope this helps a little.
Spiritlite.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:24 PM
jason the ?

ok i still cant move..... i'm dying here ..something has slowly come over me that pins me down..i know everyone has their problems and they all must be duly considered. i have given much in my life, given my money away, always ready with a smile, always trying to upbuild.. not saying that i am owed, but i have tried.....i cant move tho and its about to really affect my life negatively. i havent worked for 4 months ( ive lived off savings not the gov) now its time to go back to work and i cannot move...PLEASE HELP
Old 08-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Master
Get up and open a window. You can do that. Stand there for a minute and breathe some fresh air.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:31 PM
jason the ?

thanks again kaere its slowly working went for a walk and met a homeless man (there s some perspective) avoided cigs as much as i could, got some superfood and managed to work for a half hour or so. i'm a dumb gorilla that thought my constant self generated negative affirmations would never catch up with me, but they have... i have to start being nice to myself, i know. One lesson ive learned is that u cant know what its like to be totally mentally paralyzed till it happens.... if someone ever says they are stuck ill take it very seriously from now on... ive always been compassionate (except to myself), but that takes on a whole new meaning today.... i could have very easily become the homeless man i saw today.....
Old 08-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Master
That's twice you've referred to yourself as a simian - as having a monkey brain and as a dumb gorilla. I'd say that would be a good place to start being kinder to yourself.

30 minutes of work this afternoon is 30 minutes more than this morning! That's excellent