Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-05-2013, 06:33 AM
Master
The True Enemy

We need to be honest more on these forums and realize the real issues at hand.

The true enemy is not your ego-self. Can we get this clear? Your ego-self is the self that needs to be transformed. Of course your own self can be your enemy, but it doesn't have to be. The false self is only false because it is limited. Eventually it expands with your true self. It doesn't die.

Lets start embracing our WHOLE self more these days. - stop cutting your self into two halves as if your Higher Self is all you need. The inner-higher self may be your perfect self but it also needs the imperfect self to experience Life.

Then what is the true obstacle that we face everyday? And I am not talking about the so-called "hot sins" like playing with yourself, having sex before marriage, etc. I am talking about those things which makes us unwholesome and unkind to our neighbors?

The true obstacle is in fact what the Jews called in the Book of Job- Satan.

I don't mean the guy who rebelled against God and wants us all in hell. I am talking about being Unconscious. I am talking about Unawareness.

I am talking about that part of us which is ignorance and when enacted upon produces errors thus causing guilt thus enabling us to accuse ourselves before the Source.

Satan- the self accusing force in and around us. This spirit of rebellion or what I would call "regression", comes into manifestation anytime we say or do an unkind thing to our fellow neighbor. When we recognize our faults, we become "conscious". But once this happens we accuse ourselves and grow ourselves further away from the Supreme Consciousness (God)

The world will be an Eden-like place once we become full of consciousness, full of awareness of others and self, and move passed guilt and separation. Then the Violence, the imperialism, and the social injustices will come to an end.
Old 26-05-2013, 01:25 PM
LedByTheNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
We need to be honest more on these forums and realize the real issues at hand.

The true enemy is not your ego-self. Can we get this clear? Your ego-self is the self that needs to be transformed. Of course your own self can be your enemy, but it doesn't have to be. The false self is only false because it is limited. Eventually it expands with your true self. It doesn't die.

Lets start embracing our WHOLE self more these days. - stop cutting your self into two halves as if your Higher Self is all you need. The inner-higher self may be your perfect self but it also needs the imperfect self to experience Life.

I used the above framework when I first began inner work; I'd visualize 'growing up' the 2-yr-old brat who was insecure, fearful and ignorant. However, I no longer feel sorry for the Archons who are deceitful beyond all measure who reside in my heart.

Circumcision from the Self by the Sword of the Holy Spirit is an actual experience when I become aware of a 'bound point' and do the work.

I agree completely that Awareness and Willingness to do the work is essential for the process. What I refuse to see can't be healed. Today, I use the framework of a DNA strand. The Self Coin is on the left with all the 'rungs' attached to me (Will) in a myriad of places. My Will was bound, not free.

The biggest surprise on this journey was discovering that positive and negative self esteem were actually two sides of the Ego/Self Coin. It made me *think* I was making 'free' choices and all the while I was stuck in a closed loop with the enemies. ((As an expanded framework, I see the Zodiac as 6 'good-thought' archons and 5 'bad-thought' influences; or see the 7 planets as a combo of 4-3 for pos and neg archons. However, this framework is a work in progress based on a saying from the Gospel of Thomas.))

When I become Aware and desire to turn from the Self-Nut in some area, I confess to another person (not a priest - Bible: "confess to one another") my previous participation in a behavior/belief. The Sword of the Holy Spirit then 'circumcises' and I'm set free to become 'hooked' to the Holy Spirit on a corresponding 'rung' of the DNA ladder. It's a process that keeps moving as long as I'm still willing to become *all* the way free. Free Willy <g>. Or would that be Free Willa? <s>

Turned out that the Holy Spirit was behind me my whole life - I just didn't know about 'taking the leap of faith' and turning around, trusting the True Light would be there with open arms. "My Peace I leave with you."

"When you come to all you know to think, do and say...take a leap of faith and trust that you will either land on solid ground or be given the ability to fly."

I don't fly yet, but I feed Hope.
Old 26-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Guide

From my personal perspective, I would say that the concept you consider to be the enemy of life is more specifically the mind consciousness systems that we are integrated within and as, through which we experience ourselves in our present reality. This begins with our divided point of perception, as extended projections of our spirits, experiencing ourselves as separate through and as the mind consciousness systems, and extends to every experience we have as such, as systems that seek truth and validation outside ourselves, within the unified field of conscioussness that connects all consciousness mind systems and integrates them with the implanted white light construct, from which we as systems are controlled in a pre-programmed environment designed to prevent us from ever realising who we really are, by keeping us forever participating within and as the mind consciousness systems.

The hard fact is that this practically encompasses the entire experience of our lives within this creation, including what we perceive as enlightenment, spiritual awakening, or ascension, because these are indeed but programs of the mind consciousness systems, placed into existence by the white light. In that sense, everything we experience is indeed but one side of a coin, where we either entertain or resist the programs, depending on our belief systems.
Old 26-05-2013, 04:05 PM
amy green

My understanding of the ego and its place within the spirituality framework, is not that it is an enemy but that is needs to be kept in check in order for our spirit to shine through. Having a big ego gets in the way of this. When we are full of ourselves then we become more selfish, more self-centered. Being spiritually focused involves (amongst countless other factors) consideration of others.
Old 26-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Master
there is NO enemy! ;)
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 26-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Master
Yes there is. We can not ignore these issues anymore! Even if we can't physically do anything we must raise everyone's consciousness about:

The genocide in Africa
The murder of homosexuals cross-culturally
The suicidal rates among the young
The unequal rights of homosexuals
The control and dominance of women in Middle East
The victimization of the female in the United States
The imperial aspects of USA (ground troops across the world)
The Wall Street mentality of the Vatican
The Pedophile Cases in the Church
The Abuse of Children

Have you noticed that all the victims and suffering of history have been: Gays, Women, Blacks, Jews, and Children? Why is that? They are scapegoats in most cultures and civilizations. And of course the average person is a victim of the System, capital S, the system and matrix we all incarnate into.

So what is the enemy? Yes it is the Mind-consciousness. If you read Eckhart Tolle or anyone on this matter, when the mind developed millions of years ago and our ancestors began using "thought" the problems began. Thoughts were seen to be "voices of the gods". The person couldn't believe where it was coming from since the human species had just evolved from hominids (class of ancient apes). When the Mind (masculine) is out of balance with the Body (feminine) we tend to have the problems nowadays.

Basically the fall of the Feminine and the rise of the super-Masculine imbalanced Mind is when the problems began. The Bible calls Satan the "god of this world" "the blind god". The gnostics called it "the demiurge- the false god of the world". These metaphors symbolize the Mind of the this world, the Mind of the system, the imbalanced Mind, the egoic Mind, the Carnal Mind.

The METAPHOR oF Genesis explains how Eve (the emotional Body-feminine) fell when that part of us gave into the "serpent" and wanted to Know everything. And then the Adam part of us also gave in and the human species became imbalanced. The point is to restore our dual parents, and overcome the serpent (self-aggrandizement, selfishness). Once we restore ourselves, the world at large restores itself by example. Ignorance is finally overcome by Awareness.

I am not saying the mind is evil. I am saying that when the Mind is not in union with the Body, and the Body isn't in union with the Mind, our souls can not express our true nature. And collectively mankind projects a false nature, a false perception of Reality (God) etc.
Old 26-05-2013, 05:30 PM
amy green

Amilius - the examples you give in the above post are not directly about ego as the enemy but various issues involving oppressive cultural regimes/conditioning, abuse and more pertinently value judgements. I see the problem springing more from when the ego overrules our spirit (rather than the body and mind not being properly aligned).
Old 26-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Master
Well the ego itself is not bad. Its either the ego inflated or ego deflated.

When the ego is out of control, self-aggrandizing and selfish then the person is blocking the Spirit

When the ego is deflated, self-worthlessness, self-accusing, which is my issue- is also an issue that blocks Spirit.

So yes the ego either "self-aggrandized" or "self-hating" are the two sides of the same coin. These are our enemies.

But I believe that these enemies when not watched, and not when we try to transform it tends to lead to all the things I mentioned.

We kinda commit all these crimes in so way in thought or words, not always actions.

Those who have identified with their faults, attachments, and become ruled under the ego-consciousness they can commit atrocities. Mental imbalances formulate, bad habits, and impulsive actions.

I should have been more specific. I meant that the "objective" true Enemy is what I mention above. Those things which manifest evil.
Old 26-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Master
The mind body organism is just that, its just a blob of energy, within this blob we dream all sorts of things and call it life, our whole dream means nothing to the Cosmos. Also within this blob we have allowed other blobs, and we call these ego, love, happiness and so on, when this blob burst, its gone, just like bubbles on the head of your beer.
Old 15-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Like your thread, Amilius77.