Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 02-10-2017, 11:59 PM
Master

Tarot Moments From Real Life Game

This is a game to help people connect real-life experiences or feelings they've had to cards (instead of picking up cards and trying to assign abstract definitions to them). The idea is that the more you can link cards to real life (whether yours or someone else's), you'll have a stronger grasp of what the cards may be trying to say when you do future readings.

You don't need to look up any card definitions unless you're a total newbie and need some places to start.

As the game progresses there will be some card repetitions; this is totally fine, the cards are only a starting point and there are an infinite number of stories we can share about them :)

Person 1 will pick a card (reversals permitted)

Person 2 will identify a real-life example of a) when that card may have come up, or b) how they could have related to that card in retrospect.
Person 2 then picks a card for the next person.

Example:

Person 1: 5 of Swords reversed.

Person 2: I had a 5 of Swords reversed moment recently, when there was some ridiculous stuff going on at work. As pictured in the cards, I actively avoided the other people... I knew there was no way we would see eye-to-eye and we were better operating apart and interacting as little as possible.

Next card: Temperance

First card: Temperance
Old 03-10-2017, 01:38 AM
Deactivated Account

Temperance: bit of tumultuous day with current events, but after 2 hour gym session, I got it all out of my system, energies Balanced

King Of Swords:

(rofl, this card is speaking to someone *cough tealily*)
Old 03-10-2017, 01:46 AM
Master
Ooh excellent, another great game, thanks. I never tire of these games

Temperance

This card reminds me of when my husband Tony was sick. I seemed to be incredibly strong for him, having to make some massive changes, feeling that everything will eventually be ok, that although the path is long and difficult, the sun will shine again at some point and looking for meaning in it all from a spiritual aspect.

Queen of Wands reversed
Old 03-10-2017, 02:52 AM
Master

Oh lord, I can relate to both of these right now.

King of Swords is my current vibe; I have a slightly hectic work situation where there's lots of political drama, I need to watch out for attacks/being taken advantage of etc. I'm really having to dig my heels in and advocate for myself; it's actually getting to the point where certain situations I can't and I'm having to fly the "I need to clarify this with my superiors" flag. It's kind of like Ultimate Strategy and feels a bit Game of Thrones. Ugh. But I'm learning to play the game.

KoS is also about long-term strategy, ie having a plan. A more enjoyable narrative is the start-of-year "meetings" my dance teacher and I used to have at the start of each year, where we would catch up over coffee/tea and a cake at a cafe near her house and discuss what I wanted to work on that year. How many competitions? Which events? What skills to be further developed? It was a delightful entry into year-ahead strategising that still sticks with me today.

Queen of Wands reversed is also a card that relates to me at the present time; this is a strong card for lack of confidence, not willing to let the full light show through (or not being able to). This is me right now with my confidence/motivation low. I know I'm capable of LOTS more, but am choosing at this time to keep things under wraps and only do a much lower level of work because I don't feel I'm valued enough/not motivated enough to try harder. Usually this card would also signify low self-esteem because of a lack of external validation, but here I feel my self-esteem is actually fair; I'm holding things in because I'm not valued in the workplace. It would be higher though if I was in a place where I definitely felt valued

Another more enjoyable narrative: Queen of Wands reversed was definitely a moment I had several years ago after a bad breakup, where I was so afraid of failure that I sent myself into a slight tailspin of anxiety and wasn't being the best version of myself. I wasn't performing particularly well in life, whether academically or professionally at the time because of this. It took a lot of work (meditation, exercise, regaining faith in my ability to function outside of that relationship) before I rebuilt my confidence enough that I felt successful and bright just as "me" --> the upright version of Queen of Wands.

Next card: Ace of Coins (or Ace of Pentacles)
Old 03-10-2017, 04:25 AM
Master
Ace of Pentacles

This card makes me think of not that long ago when I was in a whole heap of hurt financially after Tony died, as there was no income coming in. None whatsoever. A very good friend sold our camper trailer, which basically saved my bacon. It was just like an enormous pot of gold dropping from the sky, right at the time when I need it.

8 of Cups
Old 03-10-2017, 06:59 AM
55Degrees

8 of Cups
This is me leaving for work every morning. Leaving the home life dramas behind to focus on the work place drama. Dang......I'm just so tired.

4 of Pents
Old 03-10-2017, 07:27 AM
Master
4 of Pentacles

This card reminds me sooooooo much of Tony's mother. She is the most miserly person I've ever known. I remember when we were in the UK a few years ago when Tony's father was dying and I had just done the washing at his father's but he didn't have a dryer that worked. I had no jeans to wear (it was absolutely freezing over there) so we took a pair to his mother's to use her dryer. But she wouldn't let me use it because it was too extravagant. So we had to find a laundrymat to get them dry. I had never met anyone who was so well off and yet so tight with money. Oh happy days!

2 of Pentacles
Old 03-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Master

2 of Pentacles
I went through a lot of this in university, where life just seemed an endless cycle of following cray-cray. Really, the only way through was to roll with the punches (literally, being like the up-down ships in the classic RWS deck). I grew to become very fond of the waves in the background of the card; it gave me a visual reference for what it might be like to go up and down, but still be on course. I used to spend a lot of time at the beach watching waves roll up and down for similar reasons, and it's still a memory I cherish because it seems like such good life advice. Every peak is followed by a trough, every trough is followed by a wave etc. Things go up and down and that's the natural cycle of life.

High Priestess reversed
Old 03-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Master
High Priestess reversed
This card reminds me of myself in regards to my current situation with A. It just feels I was thrown into it against my will, and I had a serious disconnect from source. All things were unhappy, even when he was lending me kindness, it felt like torture/ manipulation to me, it still does. Like his emotions held a strange unhealthy possession, control about it. And our frequencies are so different. This person made me seriously unhappy. I don't feel happy being reminded of this person.

Four of wands reversed
Old 03-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Master
4 of Wands reversed

Definitely last Christmas. All the family coming to our place for Tony's last Christmas. It was a mixed occasion, celebrating but also knowing that it would be his last Christmas. There was also some disappointment and upset which made the day more stressful because Tony's son chose to have Christmas lunch with his girlfriend's family, rather than his father's.

Page of Swords reversed