Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 01-10-2011, 02:48 AM
not human

....I agree with that.......
Old 01-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
....I agree with that.......

I see, well that could mean one of two things: Either great minds think alike or we're both idiots, but I'm not sure which one it is... though that would imply the latter.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:37 PM
not human

...I certainly don't feel my mind is that great......but I don't think we are idiots ...what else have you got ?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:04 PM
not human

.... I know in the words of that famous 20th century thinker Floyd Pink .... A Momentary Lapse of Reason....
Old 02-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:
.... I know in the words of that famous 20th century thinker Floyd Pink .... A Momentary Lapse of Reason....

I still have occasional bouts of sanity... even now
Old 02-10-2011, 12:08 PM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I still have occasional bouts of sanity... even now

Bravo...I haven't got much of a yardstick left these days.....so far I've managed to stay on the streets
Old 04-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Bravo...I haven't got much of a yardstick left these days.....so far I've managed to stay on the streets

I think the general human tendancy is to resist facing what really hurts them, and humanity as a whole doesn't take an honest look at the superficiality of our desire based supply and demand ideology.

The human is valued on a societal basis by being compared to the status quo and placed in a certain class and woe betide me if I'm 'left behind'... so I swim and swim coz if I stop lose everything and wander the streets murmering to myself, and become invisible coz humans don't want to see the blights.

On the personal level, and because we are such deeply feeling beings, there's much heartache and pain to living this live and we develope a huge aversion to these unpleasantries, coz 'soldiers don't cry, nancy, wimp, sissy, pussy... and showing such 'weakness' just attracts the sharks who are in a permanant feeding frenzy.

On the other hand we develope an enormous desire for pleasure sensations and emotiona elation, and it is desire, that's why sex sells, and marketing promotes our most primal desires, encourages them, and it all gets distorted into abject greed.

All the guns are there to protect the global markets and the bulldozers don't appreciate amazonian villagers for who they are, and we like to say there is free will but the choice is serve economy or perish, and life is precious.

To learn how to be still while everything moves means all these events and sensations and feelings are intertwined, so when pain happens it need to be seen in loving terms, and not be adversly hated, and our greatest pleasures, easily loved, need to be seen as passing momentarily, so when urges happen, we feel no compultion to satisfy with such insatable greed, knowing full well the passing nature of all things.

Now people speak of detachment, and moreso 'genuine detachment', but these are like misguided notions where I just happen to stab you in the ear being competely detached from my feelings, it's just psychopathic.

The meditation is a fundamental healing tool that is meant for honest introspection, and a mind which only wants truthfulness rests in a baance where pleasure and pain are equally experienced and each moment contains 'the truth of this moment', and 'I' find contentment because my intent is not in hatred or greed so I neither flee nor persue, for my intent is to accept the truth of this moment, whatever that may be.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:02 PM
moke64916

Do most teenagers listen to their parents about things? No. They learn from experience. Same concept with society. People will have to learn from experience, in order for them to change their minds or search for something new. After enough suffering in the world people will find the light. It's already happening right now. There are protests all over the world. War. Time for change is near. People are in the midst of clearing subconscious blocks. That's why there is so much suffering, but once those subconscious blocks have passed they will see the light.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Do most teenagers listen to their parents about things? No. They learn from experience. Same concept with society. People will have to learn from experience, in order for them to change their minds or search for something new. After enough suffering in the world people will find the light. It's already happening right now. There are protests all over the world. War. Time for change is near. People are in the midst of clearing subconscious blocks. That's why there is so much suffering, but once those subconscious blocks have passed they will see the light.

That's pretty much a fallacy... because if a person has blocks then that's the way it is, and one doesn't need to have aversions to this condition and persue some future conjecture, because 'you' are not the hope of the future, and if indeed emotional blocks are there, then that's how it is right now.

It isn't an obstacle at all, because people already love, so they overcome their problems as part of the journey.

What you suggest is all this blocks have to pass and when they do, at some time in the future, then light, but that only means there is a huge aversion to what is currently true and a huge desire for 'something else' which will come later.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Master
...because we are such deeply feeling beings, there's much heartache and pain to living this live and we develope a huge aversion to these unpleasantries, coz 'soldiers don't cry, nancy, wimp, sissy, pussy...

Yes... Many of us have developed 'fear of feeling'. But we don't become free by rejecting or resisting anything in ourselves. In fact, that only increases our suffering in one way or another.

This short message from Adyashanti says... "Even in love there is bittersweet.... Anything felt fully reveals the opposite."

Grief Unresisted is Grace - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6pbB2yiQO0

Xan